Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

3 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Are Penistone Church our feeder club now?

Penistone > Thistle > Barnsley > Nice

I know this is tongue in cheek, but it does address a serious issue with regards to the potential takeover. How many Barnsley players have fed into Nice and how many Nice players have been developed at Barnsley ?

31 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I know this is tongue in cheek, but it does address a serious issue with regards to the potential takeover. How many Barnsley players have fed into Nice and how many Nice players have been developed at Barnsley ?

Don’t think that’s their template from what I’ve read , looks like they use an analytics system to source players and I would imagine at a later date sell them on , not sure if that fits in with Gary’s pre signing interview and character references technique.

55 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

This one?

http://www.emleyafc.co.uk/teams/80677/player/sam-scrivens-1349870

"well-regarded youngster from the Development Squad. Right back who likes to get forward and support the attack down the wing." 

Think so was at Sheffield Wed at one time 

was recommended to the club by one Ronnie glavin 

5 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Don’t think that’s their template from what I’ve read , looks like they use an analytics system to source players and I would imagine at a later date sell them on , not sure if that fits in with Gary’s pre signing interview and character references technique.

Should fit in very well 

21 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Think so was at Sheffield Wed at one time 

was recommended to the club by one Ronnie glavin 

Think there is 2 Sam Scrivens believe or not,the one we’re probably having a look at is a young striker who scored 20 odd goals last season for Penistone Church and as Javeajag says there is a connection with Barnsley as well .

19 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

We've signed Tommy Robson pending a medical. Alan Nixon is also linking us with an English non-league attacker.

"Business as usual."

Falkirk? Hope he's better than last seasons relegation fodder. Reads like a good signing, all the best to him.

59 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Tenuous. I wouldn't read anything into that.

Quite possibly, as could the who,e takeover chat. However Ronnie seems to be widely respected down in Barnsley. Whose to say he isn’t the link to Thistle and the Barnsley owners? 

Kris Doolan apparently signing for Ayr on Monday apparently. Handy commute for him and he should benefit from a fresh challenge. Also he might get on a bit better with his new manager rather than his previous one...

11 hours ago, jagfox said:

Kris Doolan apparently signing for Ayr on Monday apparently. Handy commute for him and he should benefit from a fresh challenge. Also he might get on a bit better with his new manager rather than his previous one...

Most logical place for him to go. 

Moffat becomes his erskine and he has a chance to become ayrs  new  Shankland.  Ayr tactics will I think suit dools. 

4 minutes ago, jaf said:

Most logical place for him to go. 

Moffat becomes his erskine and he has a chance to become ayrs  new  Shankland.  Ayr tactics will I think suit dools. 

Got a feeling this will come back to haunt us at some stage , especially playing in the same league.