Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Don't want that **** anywhere near our football club.

He'll make Jaggy Mac look like the Angel of Mercy by comparison.

Caldwell will likely lose any goodwill he may have built with the McDonald signing with this one.

A 40 year old player as our highest earner???

Get a ******* grip.

Agreed. It’s almost managing by numbers. Oh the experienced striker plan worked let’s try that again. The thing is I am positive Scott McDonald was a positive influence in the dressing room.  I am less sure miller would be. Much less sure. 

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

Agreed. It’s almost managing by numbers. Oh the experienced striker plan worked let’s try that again. The thing is I am positive Scott McDonald was a positive influence in the dressing room.  I am less sure miller would be. Much less sure. 

I had the opportunity to have a chat with a Thistle midfielder recently. He spoke very highly of Scott McDonald's attitude, spirit and professionalism as a person. He also spoke very highly of Scott's professionalism as a footballer. How to use your body, how to influence the ref etc.

Scott McDonald before he joined Thistle came across as someone who was an evil wee ******* with a brain cell somewhere.

Kenny Miller comes across as a thick ******* whose only interest is a pay-cheque to pay off his ETB.

Signing Kenny Miller is certainly a gamble with the apparent fallouts that have occurred at all of his recent clubs.

Also even a fit 40 year old will be on the downturn. 

Then again he is still putting the ball in the net and brings a wealth of playing experience.

Probably the closest to Scott McDonald we would get at the moment.

Could be another McDonald type signing or the anti-McDonald leaving us toothless upfront mounting pressure on Caldwell.

At least this pre-season is nothing if not interesting from a Thistle perspective... 

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

I had the opportunity to have a chat with a Thistle midfielder recently. He spoke very highly of Scott McDonald's attitude, spirit and professionalism as a person. He also spoke very highly of Scott's professionalism as a footballer. How to use your body, how to influence the ref etc.

Scott McDonald before he joined Thistle came across as someone who was an evil wee ******* with a brain cell somewhere.

Kenny Miller comes across as a thick ******* whose only interest is a pay-cheque to pay off his ETB.

To be fair miller is a millionaire- not sure he is that thick

Good luck to Dools - hope it works out for him.

Re Miller - spoke to 2 Dundee season ticket holders at work - both unanimous - decent for putting on for  last 10/15 minutes, good for a goal, but pretty disruptive, allegedly telling the coaches what to do etc.

11 minutes ago, jagfaelivi said:

That photo makes me feel really sad. What a Thistle man he was and we saw him off. Just VERY sad. 

Think he had the choice of 4 or 5 teams including St Johnstone, makes sense as he stays in Ayrshire rather than relocating or commuting every day 

This will come back to haunt us , should have never been allowed to happen.