Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

13 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

People getting annoyed about how you announce a player is leaving for **** sake there’s only one way to say it. He wants to go we are getting good money for him that will be used for players who actually want to be at our club, how else can you say that!!!

You can say in the less amateur way that the club continues to do. Why couldn't the club say to the player, you can go on the club's terms. I. E  a bit more than 350k. Norwich are extremely keen to get him. As usual Thistle drop their pants at the pound sign.

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

You can say in the less amateur way that the club continues to do. Why couldn't the club say to the player, you can go on the club's terms. I. E  a bit more than 350k. Norwich are extremely keen to get him. As usual Thistle drop their pants at the pound sign.

You're clueless.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok Aidan has confirmed the fee is 350k plus add ons and sell ons.... he will not be loaned back as hinted at in the CEO’s statement 

And people think new owners could be worse 

When you break down the fact he has only played in the championship for under 20 games it’s not as bad a deal as i first thought especially compared to the Lindsay deal where he had played 70 plus games in the premier league and Beattie was on the board then plus maxwell - now that deal really was awful 

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

When you break down the fact he has only played in the championship for under 20 games it’s not as bad a deal as i first thought especially compared to the Lindsay deal where he had played 70 plus games in the premier league and Beattie was on the board then plus maxwell - now that deal really was awful 

He would be worth more in January or next summer .... basic negotiation is to get more bidders to drive up the price or play hardball on not selling  ... we roll over and get our tummy tickled 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

He would be worth more in January or next summer .... basic negotiation is to get more bidders to drive up the price or play hardball on not selling  ... we roll over and get our tummy tickled 

And how does it look to the rest of the youngsters, or potential young players considering joining us, with hopes of making the big time, if we stand in the way of a huge move.

Fitzpatrick is moving to an EPL team. If we play hardball for an extra £100k/£150k and the move collapses, that could have a much bigger impact longer term. We can’t manufacture bidders, we have to wait and see what offers there are.

We have to demonstrate that our youth structure provides a path to the first team, which it clearly does, and then a springboard to a big move if you are good enough. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mad-jag said:

And how does it look to the rest of the youngsters, or potential young players considering joining us, with hopes of making the big time, if we stand in the way of a huge move.

Fitzpatrick is moving to an EPL team. If we play hardball for an extra £100k/£150k and the move collapses, that could have a much bigger impact longer term. We can’t manufacture bidders, we have to wait and see what offers there are.

We have to demonstrate that our youth structure provides a path to the first team, which it clearly does, and then a springboard to a big move if you are good enough. 

And yet you get clubs like Motherwell and Hamilton getting millions and we can't?

17 minutes ago, mad-jag said:

Waiting 6-12 months isn’t going to have any impact he’s 18 ffs.... we all know he’s leaving it’s only a matter of when and got how much ... Lindsay was older hadn’t out Fitzpatrick off 

we are clueless amateurs 

39 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Which is actually what we've done by rejecting the offers last January for circa £150k to get £350k now plus better add-ons.  There's only so many times you can play that card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Maybe when Aiden (and going back Liam), agreed to sign their contract extensions, it was only on the provision we would accept any offer above a low set amount. Maybe if we didn't agree to this, they would have been happy to let their contracts run down, in which case we would get feck all. In which case the board have done the best they could. 

25 minutes ago, nickthejag said:

Which is actually what we've done by rejecting the offers last January for circa £150k to get £350k now plus better add-ons.  There's only so many times you can play that card.

More than once isn’t uncommon and it was £300k in January and his value has only gone up since then 

27 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Why where do you think it’s going ? They can spend it how they like ... how did they spend the 850k parachute payment ?

Let me get this straight, you're saying the board will pocket the £350k transfer and you're now suggestion they've pocketed some or all of the parachute payment?

27 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Let me get this straight, you're saying the board will pocket the £350k transfer and you're now suggestion they've pocketed some or all of the parachute payment?

No I never said that.....so I’ll translate....

the cash goes to ptfc which is controlled by the board so effectively they have licence to spend the money how they like which they do .....you have no idea what they spend it on do you ? If you do can you tell me what they spent the £850k parachute payment on ?

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

No I never said that.....so I’ll translate....

the cash goes to ptfc which is controlled by the board so effectively they have licence to spend the money how they like which they do .....you have no idea what they spend it on do you ? If you do can you tell me what they spent the £850k parachute payment on ?

Presumably a chunk of it paying off archie, Paterson, Bell, Brice, Melbourne etc etc 

13 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Presumably a chunk of it paying off archie, Paterson, Bell, Brice, Melbourne etc etc 

And maybe maintaining a Premiership infrastructure until we didn't get promoted.

Edited by scotty
misses my "t".