Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

12 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That surprises me. With only Norwich being interested in Aiden, perhaps the transfer market is subdued this year. If so, there may be some decent player to sign if we can hold on for a bit longer.

Yes, I agree. Can't think of a transfer window as flat as this. If I was asked who I think we should sign, I'd be struggling to think of any real quality signings.

Shankland is the only player at our level who stands out and even that's weird given that he was a free agent, apparently heading down south or to a team in the Premiership, and has wound up at Dundee United.

Let's hope Caldwell can pull a cat out of the bag (well, okay, four or five cats) some time soon.

28 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Bumped into him in Clitheroe a couple of weeks ago. He was considering giving it up and becoming a personal trainer. That would have been a waste as he does have talent if someone can get it out of him. 

Nice guy and happy to chat.

Yeah, nice guy but totally lacking in the hunger to make a name for himself in football despite his talent.

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

Wrexham are one of the English teams in the Tunnochs Caramel Wafer Cup. Yes, I know they're Welsh. Just another twist in this tremendous competition.

And they’re representing England! Barton played for Connah’s Quay in last season’s final

Just now, Garscube Road End said:

Undisclosed fee? Now there's a surprise. Probably 100k plus 10 % sell on fee and a further 10k after 100 caps, knowing our lot.

So looking at Norwich sources you can glean the fee is around 350k  - described as a small fee - and the total is above 400k+

20 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Mainly to hide both the buying and selling clubs from criticism. The selling club fan won't be happy at receiving such a 'small fee' and vice versa saying the fee was 'too big!.

Or to try and stop agents hiking their prices when they know a club has just received x amount?