Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It says Cammy was born in Toronto. Will he be the first Canadian to play for The Jags ?

I don't think so.

Am sure we had a Canadian in our 90's team.

Short surname of around 4 letters that I can't now remember.

It may or may not come back to me.

26 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

I don't think so.

Am sure we had a Canadian in our 90's team.

Short surname of around 4 letters that I can't now remember.

It may or may not come back to me.

Was thinking of Steve Pittman.

Longish surname and from America.

What do I know.

Had a look though and found two from Canada:

Mel Bottiglieri

Russell Huggon

Not sure how many, if any, appearances they made. 

On 7/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, Big Col said:

Best of luck to him but not the experienced goal scorer we need. I’m hoping there’s one among the players we’re still speaking to. Surely there must be one lined up? We desperately need to replace the goals in the team that we’ve lost.

Not too fussed about losing Spittal but he scored a few goals in both seasons he was with us. Maybe Cardle and a fit all season Gordon will in some way compensate but I feel with central midfield covered we need one (perhaps two) wide midfielders with an eye for goal, As it is I don't see goals coming from midfield anything like the amount Lawless & Erskine provided 7 years ago. Also it should be minded that we'll likely be starting most games with one less midfielder than we had back then.

I know it's not a signing, but here's a wee article from the Derbyshire Times about Sam Scriven and his time on trial with us.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-trialist-who-spent-time-with-gary-caldwell-s-partick-thistle-deserves-opportunity-says-former-manager-1-9876952

Edited by east end jag

On 7/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, Big Col said:

Best of luck to him but not the experienced goal scorer we need. I’m hoping there’s one among the players we’re still speaking to. Surely there must be one lined up? We desperately need to replace the goals in the team that we’ve lost.

But I remember thinking that very thing when colly signed dools and look what he turned into. Fingers crossed

On 7/15/2019 at 12:10 AM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not too fussed about losing Spittal but he scored a few goals in both seasons he was with us. Maybe Cardle and a fit all season Gordon will in some way compensate but I feel with central midfield covered we need one (perhaps two) wide midfielders with an eye for goal, As it is I don't see goals coming from midfield anything like the amount Lawless & Erskine provided 7 years ago. Also it should be minded that we'll likely be starting most games with one less midfielder than we had back then.

But we don't seem to be set up as a team for that type of midfield play. Not sure a lawless or Erskine of yesteryear would be allowed such forward play. GC seems more cautious in his formations