Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

13 minutes ago, Paukea said:

Freddie Frans has been completely banished by Neilson

Please come home Freddie

That’s what happens when you throw about stupid money on 2 and 3 year contracts in The championship. Hopefully they are feeling the pinch already, and he will be the first of many to leave. 

No idea if true or not but I heard he was considering chucking football and going back to Belgium to change career. Would be a shame if true. 

Edited by mad-jag

Frans is planning to go back to Belgium. I don't think he's chucking football, tho' I've no idea the level where part time football kicks in over there.

Personally I rate Frans just approaching the level of Saunders.  O'Ware is well ahead with more years ahead of him. No point comparing him with McGinty as Freddie is so one sided to make the comparison irrelevant. Grand guy tho' and a thoroughly decent character.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Frans is planning to go back to Belgium. I don't think he's chucking football, tho' I've no idea the level where part time football kicks in over there.

Personally I rate Frans just approaching the level of Saunders.  O'Ware is well ahead with more years ahead of him. No point comparing him with McGinty as Freddie is so one sided to make the comparison irrelevant. Grand guy tho' and a thoroughly decent character.  

Couldn't agree more. He sent Robert a Christmas card after hearing about Thistle fans sending cards to Robert in hospital.

• Like 2

Booth to Bury is a strange one. The club was pretty close to being wound up until a CVA was accepted by HMRC last week. There are reports that players haven't been paid for months

Jimmy to Fylde would be a great move for him (he may even be local, did we not get him from Preston ?). They are a club going places with a big money backer. They have also been paying top money for a National League side and have planning permission for a new £18m stadium complex.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Must admit to be a member of the non fussed club re Brian Graham and other plus 30 year olds. I've bought a season ticket and also will most likely attend most away games (in fact nearly all).  My enthusiasm for the coming season is however at a 1980s low. OK it's grand to hear that Caldwell is on top of the game. Indeed I've heard few if any detractions after his two recent seminars, so I may be out on limb.

That said the 20-30 or so Jags punters I've talked to lately haven't exactly exuded a different opinion from mine, tho' again I don't believe any have attended the "meet the manager" nights. One ray of sunshine came to light last Saturday when Caldwell showed an ability to change formation during a game so all is not that bleak. I don't remember him exercising that ability in previous games.

My main hope tho' is, regardless our status, that this time next year we've a squad to be proud of backed by an infrastructure to be enthusiastic about. Reckon we've a good bit to go to be on the right track.

You have a very short memory.

The 80’ is a decade that should be erased from the mind of all Jags fans. It didn’t exist. Fat DJ and all those non entity managers. Some of the worst Jags footballers of all time. Defeats by Albion Rovers et al. It’s all to painful.  We even had to put up with Spandau Ballet ffs.

Just as well I was bringing up tiny new Jags supporters then.

I’m encouraged by Caldwell although cautiously optimistic. And yes, quite excited about this season. As all Jags fans should be!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Booth to Bury is a strange one. The club was pretty close to being wound up until a CVA was accepted by HMRC last week. There are reports that players haven't been paid for months

Jimmy to Fylde would be a great move for him (he may even be local, did we not get him from Preston ?). They are a club going places with a big money backer. They have also been paying top money for a National League side and have planning permission for a new £18m stadium complex.

I think Craigen was recommended to us by one of his pals who was playing for us at the time. I think Craigen was playing for Glasgow University ?

52 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think Craigen was recommended to us by one of his pals who was playing for us at the time. I think Craigen was playing for Glasgow University ?

You are right (although it was Edinburgh Uni)

I am also right. He was at Preston as a youth before that  and was born in Preston

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

You have a very short memory.

The 80’ is a decade that should be erased from the mind of all Jags fans. It didn’t exist. Fat DJ and all those non entity managers. Some of the worst Jags footballers of all time. Defeats by Albion Rovers et al. It’s all to painful.  We even had to put up with Spandau Ballet ffs.

You've actually cheered me up with that. Quite looking forward to the season now. :)

My predominant memories of the  decade horribilis were having a couple extra pints, turning up in the South End 15 to 20 mins after kick off, tapping the fan next to me on the shoulder and asking "who's the guy playing beside Kenny Watson?" Not just a testimonial Kenny missed out on. He should've received a knighthood for playing alongside a seemingly endless list of non entities.

ANNOUNCE THE SEVEN FOOT FLUTE!!!!*

*sadly we’d have little chance of signing him. Seems to have been linked with moves, no doubt, lucrative moves to some far off exotic leagues.

Edited by jagfox

On 7/24/2019 at 1:03 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You've actually cheered me up with that. Quite looking forward to the season now. :)

My predominant memories of the  decade horribilis were having a couple extra pints, turning up in the South End 15 to 20 mins after kick off, tapping the fan next to me on the shoulder and asking "who's the guy playing beside Kenny Watson?" Not just a testimonial Kenny missed out on. He should've received a knighthood for playing alongside a seemingly endless list of non entities.

Ran outta likes. Been saying for years that THE King Kenny held our club together during THE worst period in our history. One of the,,,, in fact the most committed jag I ever saw. 

36 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Dundee have signed striker Danny Johnson from Motherwell. Also ICT have loaned 9 players to Fort William. Fort William have not won a league  game in the last 2 seasons, and we think following Thistle can be trying.

I saw that too AJ. Given how bad they are it's a risk sending their kids there as if they continue to get pumped they will return as shells of the former players they were. Hats off to ICT for helping them out. And hats off to the fort William club for not giving up. It's all about shinty up there, minimal interest in football so is always going to be a battle. I always look for their result as one week..................

On 7/24/2019 at 1:03 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Couldn't agree more. I sometimes think that I go the over the top in telling my son how bad that period was but then I go and look at the odd starting line up from 84/85 through to 88/89 and realise it was worse than I remember.

I would have liked to have seen Kenny Watson play with decent players but sadly he just missed the arrival of Lambie . Anyone know what Kenny is doing now?