Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

Gordon is exactly the type of player we need as long as he continues to develop. He looked good.

A similar signing to Lawless, Caldwell needs to mould him into the team, give him responsibility and get him super fit. 

Williamson played well when Pars pumped us 3.0. A straight replacement for Elliott and probably cheaper 

I think he was pretty decent at the start of the season and was having a good game vs Celtic ? when he got injured. 

He didn’t look quite the same when he came back towards the end of the season but did chip in with the goals vs Ayr.

Could turn out a good signing.

16 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The gaffer indicated that there would be 16 in place for the start of pre-training. By my count, we currently have 12

Sneddon

Bell

McGinty

O'Ware

Williamson

Penrice

Saunders

Bannigan

Fitzpatrick

Gordon

Harkins

Slater

That would mean 4 more to come in (5 if we can move on Bell)

Add a striker (or 2 depending on formation) and we pretty much have a starting 11 there which is a bonus. Note I am not saying we are now signing backups, I would hope we can add better players to just about every position, but it is a reasonably strong core group to start pre-season with.

Cardle signing another deal would be a big bonus as well.

22 hours ago, That 1 jags fan said:

According to the Dunfermline fans Williamson’s had 2 bad injuries and is a confidence player but got double figure assists. Happy with that

Gordon though is very meh.

Disagree.

He is only 20 and I think has shown enough to warrant a contract.

10 hours ago, kevin energy said:

I think we need a Defensive Midfielder, cover for Right back and Left back and 2 or 3 Strikers and Cardle, does not add up when Caldwell was quoted and saying from someone on here that he has a bigger budget this year than last.

Yes, those 12/13 don’t have much firepower. 

• Like 1

Spoke to Scott Fox and he said he’d nothing lined up.

Story in the paper today saying he wants to move back to the central belt as his wife and baby are still down here. County offered him improved terms but sometimes home is where the heart is. 

Interested to see where he ends up as he had a good season with County. 

27 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Spoke to Scott Fox and he said he’d nothing lined up.

Story in the paper today saying he wants to move back to the central belt as his wife and baby are still down here. County offered him improved terms but sometimes home is where the heart is. 

Interested to see where he ends up as he had a good season with County. 

This was a much improved season for Fox according to a few county mates. Saw him back to his "scotland" form. A fine keeper who is still young enough to have a bright future. Was sad to see him go when he left us and although he was subjected to a bit  of abuse by thistle fans in the first game v county in Dingwall he took it in great spirit.

I suspect he'll not struggle to get a premier club, the standing of a st johnstone or Motherwell perhaps, but I'd be delighted to see him back at Firhill.

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

This was a much improved season for Fox according to a few county mates. Saw him back to his "scotland" form. A fine keeper who is still young enough to have a bright future. Was sad to see him go when he left us and although he was subjected to a bit  of abuse by thistle fans in the first game v county in Dingwall he took it in great spirit.

I suspect he'll not struggle to get a premier club, the standing of a st johnstone or Motherwell perhaps, but I'd be delighted to see him back at Firhill.

Yes, given the improvement I’ve noticed in him I’d gladly take him back, but whether he’d come back is the million dollar question. The totally uncalled for abuse he received from a few Muppets is unlikely to work in our favour-just saying.

1 minute ago, stillresigned said:

Yes, given the improvement I’ve noticed in him I’d gladly take him back, but whether he’d come back is the million dollar question. The totally uncalled for abuse he received from a few Muppets is unlikely to work in our favour-just saying.

That's a good point but he took it well and would be hopeful he wouldnt hold it against us as a club. Definitely take him back but suspect he will get an offer from a club in the premier.

Throwing some names into the hat that haven't been mentioned - not sure of all their respective availabilities.

Craig Moore (FWD) - Ayr United

Jamie Ness (MID) - Free

Cameron Burgess (DEF) - Scunthorpe - Possible Loan

Chris Porter (FWD) - Crewe

Padraig Amond (MID / FWD) - Newport 

Michael Rose (DEF) - Ayr United

Lee Wallace (DEF) - Free

Edited by Firhill Pie

Padraig Amond would be a terrific signing, but I expect is way over our budget. Newport got a lot of money from their FA Cup run. I saw him a couple of times for Accrington and he would run riot in our league.

More realistic would be Danny Philliskirk who will be in the AFC Fylde team in the FA Vase this weekend. Even if he is available, he might still be over our budget.