Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

On 5/21/2019 at 12:02 PM, Firhill Pie said:

Throwing some names into the hat that haven't been mentioned - not sure of all their respective availabilities.

Craig Moore (FWD) - Ayr United

Jamie Ness (MID) - Free

Cameron Burgess (DEF) - Scunthorpe - Possible Loan

Chris Porter (FWD) - Crewe

Padraig Amond (MID / FWD) - Newport 

Michael Rose (DEF) - Ayr United

Lee Wallace (DEF) - Free

Michael Rose signed with Coventry back in January. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46976481

1 hour ago, policemans whistle said:

Michael Tidser who signed a pre-contract with Falkirk with a release  clause if they were  relegated, has yet to activate the release clause.

Would be a great signing but there’s been no link anywhere to us so unfortunately doubt it will happen 

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The guys only rumoured to be signing and your already having a go ffs

Not really having a go , if Kris Boyd comes in and scores a barrow load of goals I’ll be delighted, just think the way Kris Boyd plays is a contradiction to the way Caldwell says he wanted his team to play in the Meet the Manager night .

15 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not really having a go , if Kris Boyd comes in and scores a barrow load of goals I’ll be delighted, just think the way Kris Boyd plays is a contradiction to the way Caldwell says he wanted his team to play in the Meet the Manager night .

Pretty sure Boyd would be told not to over do it and for the midfield to do most of the pressing for him.. I'd imagine he's seen as a hold up striker (as hes a good outball) to bring others into the game and obviously a poacher.

I really don't see the problem having one of the best poachers in Scottish football history coming in for a season.

46 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Pretty sure Boyd would be told not to over do it and for the midfield to do most of the pressing for him.. I'd imagine he's seen as a hold up striker (as hes a good outball) to bring others into the game and obviously a poacher.

I really don't see the problem having one of the best poachers in Scottish football history coming in for a season.

Maybe Caldwell will adjust his tactics depending on who he signs and what the opposition is? Should always have a plan b.

44 minutes ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Good poacher in his day but Boyd scored 2 goals last season. For the amount we would have to pay him in wages it would not be a good bit of business. Very different type of player to McDonald and not the type of player we need.

Completely agree with you that another McDonald type would be great .. but I think it would  also be very hard to find someone even near McDonald's level at the wage we are willing to pay.

Unfortunately I think it was a case of getting the right guy at the right time.

If we sign Boyd and play to his strengths I don't have much doubt he will bag double figures.

It's now the 3rd of June, I'm not panicking but we don't have a recognised striker yet. I know most players contracts with clubs are usually up to 31st may/1st June so it's only been a few days but I'm getting a little twitchy especially after the experience if the last 3 or so seasons when we have been very last minute.

Mansell would be a useful addition but was at his best when skippy was talking him through the game and I don't see him as the main go to striker. I hope GC gets a holiday but gets back into it as soon as possible.