Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

Always striked me as a classy player. Gamble on fitness not so important with him being on loan. Think he fills a gap in the squad if only as wingback cover but could be a first team choice if we change our formation. The lack of width in the squad is alarming.

If this loan signing helps free money to strengthen the squad to bring in a couple of young strikers/forwards then it's a good deal. 

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Always striked me as a classy player. Gamble on fitness not so important with him being on loan. Think he fills a gap in the squad if only as wingback cover but could be a first team choice if we change our formation. The lack of width in the squad is alarming.

If this loan signing helps free money to strengthen the squad to bring in a couple of young strikers/forwards then it's a good deal. 

Where’s the lack of width exactly ? Cradle De Vita Williamson Robson ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jago1953 said:

Signed on season Ioan. On official website.

Livi have option of recalling him in Jan and taking into account he has just signed a new deal with them til 2021 and he is returning from injury I think this loan may be weighted more in the favour of the lender.  That said all the best at Firhill.  

Just saw the new signing's interview.  Expecting a bit of an Italian accent but he actually has an underlying English accent with an overlay of Scottish on top.   Obviously been in the UK a while and not one of these guys who never lose their accent.   He explained something I'd noticed in his Wiki entry:  early in career he had a decent goal scoring record then it fell away.  Apparently he started when young as more of an out and out forward but later became more of a midfield player.  Probably too late in his career to change back.  Good experience though and maybe versatile.  Feel we need another midfield player (different type to what we've got)  a forward and a defender - a while back I'd have said a young guy just for cover but having seen our defence I think we need someone decent, maybe also another defender.   Looking at our squad I think the manager must really have in mind playing a different formation quite often, at least I hope so as some of our players don't seem to really fit the current system.

Must admit to be a member of the non fussed club re Brian Graham and other plus 30 year olds. I've bought a season ticket and also will most likely attend most away games (in fact nearly all).  My enthusiasm for the coming season is however at a 1980s low. OK it's grand to hear that Caldwell is on top of the game. Indeed I've heard few if any detractions after his two recent seminars, so I may be out on limb.

That said the 20-30 or so Jags punters I've talked to lately haven't exactly exuded a different opinion from mine, tho' again I don't believe any have attended the "meet the manager" nights. One ray of sunshine came to light last Saturday when Caldwell showed an ability to change formation during a game so all is not that bleak. I don't remember him exercising that ability in previous games.

My main hope tho' is, regardless our status, that this time next year we've a squad to be proud of backed by an infrastructure to be enthusiastic about. Reckon we've a good bit to go to be on the right track.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2