Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

Dunno laukat. He was originally from Angus area so perhaps went home after playing days were over.

I do remember reading that a man of the same name had been to prison and because of the rangers connection there was a sellik driven campaign that it was wur Kenny. Utter p1sh.

Someone on here pointed out a while ago that he was with us for 9 seasons, I'd not realised it was for so long. Now perhaps the hand of appreciation has been offered by the club and Kenny wasnt interested but he should be at firhill as a guest far more often but then perhaps it's not his thing. Great fond memories of that man.

4 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Dunno laukat. He was originally from Angus area so perhaps went home after playing days were over.

I do remember reading that a man of the same name had been to prison and because of the rangers connection there was a sellik driven campaign that it was wur Kenny. Utter p1sh.

Someone on here pointed out a while ago that he was with us for 9 seasons, I'd not realised it was for so long. Now perhaps the hand of appreciation has been offered by the club and Kenny wasnt interested but he should be at firhill as a guest far more often but then perhaps it's not his thing. Great fond memories of that man.

KW is in the Hall of Fame (remember that?).

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing him being proudly presented by Robert Reid at a couple of such events.

Edited by Jaggernaut

On 7/24/2019 at 7:35 PM, jagfox said:

ANNOUNCE THE SEVEN FOOT FLUTE!!!!*

*sadly we’d have little chance of signing him. Seems to have been linked with moves, no doubt, lucrative moves to some far off exotic leagues.

Most bizarre graffiti I have seen anywhere ever.  In Rome - Kyle lafferty is god. 

• Haha 1

Writing from here in Palermo, Sicily,  can I suggest it was a Palermo FC fan who perpetrated the graffiti?

He was, apparently, very successful here, until sacked by the Chairman for being "an unrepentant womanizer", if my information is correct. :-)

Possibly the most unusual reason for being bagged from a football club!

Edited by Rid Skwerr
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

KW is in the Hall of Fame (remember that?).

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing him being proudly presented by Robert Reid at a couple of such events.

Great to hear that juggernaut. These sort of things seem to pass me by, I should try harder. I wasn't having a dig at the club was just ruminating over a god like Thistle footballer of his generation. Ta for the info

4 hours ago, Rid Skwerr said:

Writing from here in Palermo, Sicily,  can I suggest it was a Palermo FC fan who perpetrated the graffiti?

He was, apparently, very successful here, until sacked by the Chairman for being "an unrepentant womanizer", if my information is correct. :-)

Unless he womanised the chairman’s wife/daughter

12 hours ago, Rid Skwerr said:

The man of many missus!

6 hours ago, ChiThistle said:

Saw that Ryan Shawcross suffered a freak ankle injury for Stoke that opens up more playing time for Liam Lindsay.  Anyone know if sell-on clauses typically go more than one sale beyond?

Highly unlikely that a contract could be drawn up that would commit a 3rd party to pay compensation when they were not involved in the original deal. I'm sure that some legal eagle could find a way round it, but I would say no.

7 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Highly unlikely that a contract could be drawn up that would commit a 3rd party to pay compensation when they were not involved in the original deal. I'm sure that some legal eagle could find a way round it, but I would say no.

I figured it would be dicey, even at something like a 5% “second sale” clause that team 3 would have to agree to.

It just sucks that we are talking about a guy who very well may be a Championship stalwart this season, could end up in the Scotland team, and we will only have about 800k to show for it.

Dundee United are lining up a move for former Motherwell winger Elliott Frear, who is a free agent after leaving Fir Park at the end of last season. 

I saw this on BBC gossip. Always thought he looked a cracking player, but maybe he's inconsistent? I didn't know he left Motherwell

Frear reminded me of Higginbotham to a certain extent. Most wingers do tend to be inconsistent and Frear is no exception. The bigger question should be will he be more consistent dropping down a division? Doing that didn't exactly work out for Higgy but he could well be an exception and I think Frear would be an excellent signing for United. Hope then it doesn't happen.

31 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Is that not the guy Dundee tried to sign recently? No idea what it fell through 

His wiki page is an interesting read. Perhaps needs to find a club where he can get regular first team action. Perhaps Dundee couldn't promise that. I doubt we can either unless he's better than what we have. The back line is loads more solid with o'ware in the team, we could do with another player of that standard in case of any injuries, so might not give him a guarantee of regular first team action. Has a solid pedigree reading his story so far.