Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

I'm not expecting much before the window closes at best a loan or 2 and we could really do with 3 in (rightback, central defensive midfielder, striker that knows how to score)

I reckon if we're signing Ben Hall it'll be at the expense of one of our central defenders leaving. A Morton fan in my work believes they want O'Ware back.

30 minutes ago, laukat said:

I'm not expecting much before the window closes at best a loan or 2 and we could really do with 3 in (rightback, central defensive midfielder, striker that knows how to score)

I reckon if we're signing Ben Hall it'll be at the expense of one of our central defenders leaving. A Morton fan in my work believes they want O'Ware back.

Ricky Foster has had a bust up with Tommy Wright - don't know if he might be available on loan, which would be a decent right back option.

Is Ben Hall an upgrade on O'Ware?  He would have to be by some margin to justify strengthening one of our competitors this season - although after losing last season to injury I am sure he would rather be playing than on the bench this season......would not like to lose him!

I think more than anything else we need a defensive midfielder and a poacher type striker.

37 minutes ago, jaf said:

Ricky Foster has had a bust up with Tommy Wright - don't know if he might be available on loan, which would be a decent right back option.

Is Ben Hall an upgrade on O'Ware?  He would have to be by some margin to justify strengthening one of our competitors this season - although after losing last season to injury I am sure he would rather be playing than on the bench this season......would not like to lose him!

I think more than anything else we need a defensive midfielder and a poacher type striker.

The only reason hall was mentioned was because a rag connected us with him - there may have been absolutely nothing in it.  Agree a striker in particular is much sought after.  Oli shaw still hasn’t played for Hibs at all apart from a couple of 10 minute cameos but as we get nearer to the end of the window the more I think it’s looking less and less likely we will get anyone else in

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The only reason hall was mentioned was because a rag connected us with him - there may have been absolutely nothing in it.  Agree a striker in particular is much sought after.  Oli shaw still hasn’t played for Hibs at all apart from a couple of 10 minute cameos but as we get nearer to the end of the window the more I think it’s looking less and less likely we will get anyone else in

Shaw would be decent signing. 

St Johnstone are in need of a striker but may deal back on  

then at the top of the championship Dundee and Dundee United are both fully strikered up  hope therefore we would have a sniff at shaw  

Edited by jaf

17 minutes ago, jaf said:

I would prefer Tony Ralston on loan than Ricky Foster but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Agree we need a CDM and a poacher however the manager though Palmer was the CDM at the last meet the manager night and poachers are in short supply. I can see us going for someone like Jack Aitchison at Celtic on loan.

O'Ware if fit and capable of playing 30 or more games is the guy you build your defence around.