Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

15 minutes ago, laukat said:

I would prefer Tony Ralston on loan than Ricky Foster but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Agree we need a CDM and a poacher however the manager though Palmer was the CDM at the last meet the manager night and poachers are in short supply. I can see us going for someone like Jack Aitchison at Celtic on loan.

O'Ware if fit and capable of playing 30 or more games is the guy you build your defence around.

Totally agree re tam. 

Two good shouts there although fear both may be destined for top division loans?

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

No I didn't expect any so 1 up already. Any more ,don't know.

I fully realise things don't quite work as smoothly as we'd like them to, but I'd have thought if we were to only make one signing, another centreback would maybe third or fourth in the pecking order. Losing out on yon sevco winger on loan kinda supports that idea.

Dario Zanatta of Hearts expected to sign today on a temporary transfer. Winger who scored twice against us last season whilst on loan to Alloa.

ETA: Looks like signing on a two year deal!

Edited by jagfox

32 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Dario Zanatta of Hearts expected to sign today on a temporary transfer. Winger who scored twice against us last season whilst on loan to Alloa.

ETA: Looks like signing on a two year deal!

I seem to recall he looked decent last season.  Hopefully some good business. 

• Like 1

Would be a most welcome signing. Evidently played a big part in keeping Alloa off automatic relegation last season. Knows the division and scores a few goals. Still at an age where he probably will improve. Not meaning to sound facetious when I say he'll obviously offer more than just being a wide player given half his league games last season were at the Recs.  

17 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Are there any Bury players that would be good for us ?

I think they only had 5 senior players. The captain Neil Danns is a decent midfielder, but is 36 in November. Stephen Dawson might be worth a shout as the defensive midfielder we have been wanting.

Both are still under contract to Bury so would still command a transfer fee and are probably both above our wage bracket

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think they only had 5 senior players. The captain Neil Danns is a decent midfielder, but is 36 in November. Stephen Dawson might be worth a shout as the defensive midfielder we have been wanting.

Both are still under contract to Bury so would still command a transfer fee and are probably both above our wage bracket

Unfortunately Dawson has had to sell his home as he hasn't been paid at Bury.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Unfortunately Dawson has had to sell his home as he hasn't been paid at Bury.

You'd think that, with the insane amount of money in the game and being paid to players in (at least) the top two divisions, the player's union (or even a player's whip-round) could have covered his (and others) mortgage in the exceptional situation of being contracted but not being paid.

I'd imagine the Bury players will all find clubs higher up the pay scale than us. I sincerely hope they do all get set up soon. It's the staff at that club and at other businesses that relied on the football club I feel most sorry for. I'd imagine being a one team town that a phoenix club will arise. Maybe AFC Wimbledon being a better example than most resurrected outfits. In that respect I'm sure most Bury fans would be able to accept continuity. Still very sad that a club with such stature has succumbed to such a fate.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

You'd think that, with the insane amount of money in the game and being paid to players in (at least) the top two divisions, the player's union (or even a player's whip-round) could have covered his (and others) mortgage in the exceptional situation of being contracted but not being paid.

This was discussed a few days ago on one of the TV channels.

A few years ago the suggestion was put to the FA that every Premier and Championship team put £100.000.00 into a fund that could be used in situations like the one at Bury [where the players wages were not paid, financial hardship etc etc] . It appears there was no enthusiasm for this, which given the wages paid to the majority of PL and Championship teams, is very surprizing.