Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

44 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I think the majority of support wouldn't expect Dools to come back as 1st choice striker.  They'd also acknowledge that seeing players of past international class like McDonald and Miller they are a cut above.

But in terms of coaching, experience, fan relationship and still a fairly useful option it's a no brainer.  I'd have Miller above him but after that he'd be number 2.

Mansell - young and raw but has attributes to build on and has potential.

De Vita - not sure where his best position is to be honest.

Alex Jones - hmmmm. Seemed lacking match sharpness and now injured.

Mitch Austin - injured

Craig Walker - our secret weapon but supposed looking for a big Bosman move.

https://ptfc.co.uk/team/first-team/

Ran out of likes.

2 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

It was interesting to hear McCall in his Jagzone interview after the game say they are hoping to get Banzo signed up on a new deal. I think Stuart has underperformed recently but since McCall's return you can see a definite improvement in his game.

Before McCall came back and he was doing his pundit on the radio he always spoke about Banzo being one of the best midfielders in the Scottish game.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Doolan  as a coach could be ok but he isn’t the answer to our current striker issue....time to move on 

We are moving on. Doolan will I'm sure be an excellent coach. He was after all highly thought of as a youth coach prior to leaving. The fact he'll also hold a players licence is largely academic unless you believe the same manager who didn't play him at Ayr is suddenly going to get all soft and sentimental now he's at Firhill. 

I do agree tho' it's time to move on. It's just I see for the reason already given this is a case of moving on. And a very positive instance at that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

Can you terminate a season-long loan early? I suppose they could get shot if De Vita to accommodate him. Bringing Doolan back does appear to be a populist move, though. 

Usually a chance to do that in January I think. It can be cancelled anytime although the player can't play until after the transfer window opens.

12 minutes ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

De vita for me is absolutely useless. With banzo, Gordon, slater, Cole, Palmer  and Harkins we don’t need him imo. Brings very little n is a waste of a wage that should be put towards a striker. Keillor-Dunn and Craig Tanner are Both still free agents I believe, worth a punt as cover for miller?

Keillor-Dunn surprises me. Thought he would have got a new club.

• 3 weeks later...