Jump to content

Dark Passenger

Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Ayr sign defender Jordan Houston on loan from Rangers.

Am I right in thinking Ayr have one of the largest squads in size outside of Dundee United 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Heppy C said:

Not sure if its been mentioned in another thread but rumours on killie forum they are about to sign James Penrice.

As said on another thread he said first he has heard anything about this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, Third Lanark said:

Am I right in thinking Ayr have one of the largest squads in size outside of Dundee United 

Their playing wage budget is about half of hours so that is hard to believe, or the guys are being paid buttons - mind you there are lots of young guys in the squad I suppose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

As said on another thread he said first he has heard anything about this

With Taylor going they need a left back, but if they get Calvin Miller as part of that deal then I am not sure they need another left back! hopefully, as I think Penrice is a great wee player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jaf said:

With Taylor going they need a left back, but if they get Calvin Miller as part of that deal then I am not sure they need another left back! hopefully, as I think Penrice is a great wee player.

Agree completely Penrice would be a massive loss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Kiltie to Dunfermline from Kilmarnock for rest of season. Sean Mackie to Dundee from Hibs for rest of season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing a certain Kris Doolan will be returning in January in a player/ coaching role. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Hearing a certain Kris Doolan will be returning in January in a player/ coaching role. 

Great news if true.

Only right and proper that he finishes his playing career in the correct manner at his spiritual home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Hearing a certain Kris Doolan will be returning in January in a player/ coaching role. 

One of our coaches moving on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be controversial and get some thumbs down, but we need a striker who can score regularly, not a has been who can’t get in the Ayr team and his only goals this season have been agains a non-league side and a team playing with 9 men.

No room for sentimentality in football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, scotty said:

One of our coaches moving on?

Youth coach for now. Was enjoying his spell with the u18s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Going to be controversial and get some thumbs down, but we need a striker who can score regularly, not a has been who can’t get in the Ayr team and his only goals this season have been agains a non-league side and a team playing with 9 men.

No room for sentimentality in football

Hiya Gary, hiya pal :hypocrite::lol:

He won't be the only player we'll be getting from Ayr apparently ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the majority of support wouldn't expect Dools to come back as 1st choice striker.  They'd also acknowledge that seeing players of past international class like McDonald and Miller they are a cut above.

But in terms of coaching, experience, fan relationship and still a fairly useful option it's a no brainer.  I'd have Miller above him but after that he'd be number 2.

Mansell - young and raw but has attributes to build on and has potential.

De Vita - not sure where his best position is to be honest.

Alex Jones - hmmmm. Seemed lacking match sharpness and now injured.

Mitch Austin - injured

Craig Walker - our secret weapon but supposed looking for a big Bosman move.

https://ptfc.co.uk/team/first-team/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×