Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

19 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Whilst appreciating his qualities, he'd be joining a central midfield group already comprising Harkins, Slater, Bannigan, and Gordon.

What would he bring to the party that these four don't already cover?

I think slater maybe out for a couple of months as just had an operation and Harkins I’m sure Tidser can bring a bit more speed :hypocrite:

On 6/5/2019 at 2:28 PM, jaggymct said:

Absolute no to Nesbit, Anderson has more championship goals in half a season than Nisbet’s two seasons.

16 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Think you're being harsh on GH guys.

I was in a certain west end hostelry recently when a few Jags players were in, and GH showed a remarkable turn of pace when a certain Mr Lennon walked into said hostelry.

There's life underneath that beard yet!!

Did GH not come through the Celtic youth system/academy?

1 hour ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Absolute no to Nesbit, Anderson has more championship goals in half a season than Nisbet’s two seasons.

Scored 29 league goals last season in the league below us. Suggests he might do rather well in the championship...

• Like 1

Nisbet mucked up his loan spells in our division, so I wouldn't read too much into that time of his career. I'd probably be against re-signing him but he should do ok if he signs for a club in the championship.

I would tho' be chuffed if we bring in someone that's got as good awareness and gets in the right position as often as Nisbet. That's something he does well and not often strong points with most of the chancers we've signed up front in recent seasons.

20 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Happy to see Tidser go to Falkirk. Didn't think he was a player we needed to be signing but thought he could strengthen some of our opponents. Now let's see us bring in quality players in areas we really need filled.

I assume you feel we are well furnished in midfield? I'd disagree. We have Banzo, does what a Banzo does. A bit part player in GGH. An injured and in my opinion overrated Craig Slater and Shea Gordon who impressed in a few of the latter games returning from injury. I feel we need some creativity and an energetic ball winner in there.

That as well as a possible back up GK. Cover at full back, a centre half and is say three forward players.

Interesting times...

35 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I assume you feel we are well furnished in midfield? I'd disagree. We have Banzo, does what a Banzo does. A bit part player in GGH. An injured and in my opinion overrated Craig Slater and Shea Gordon who impressed in a few of the latter games returning from injury. I feel we need some creativity and an energetic ball winner in there.

That as well as a possible back up GK. Cover at full back, a centre half and is say three forward players.

Interesting times...

Thank goodness for that. I thought I was the only one that thinks Slater is over rated.

I think Tidser would be a very good signing.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:47 PM, That 1 jags fan said:

If you look at Lawrence Shamkland's goal tally last time he played at Championship level you would rule out signing him as well.

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Interesting times...

No I don't think we're well equipped in midfield for roughly the reasons you give. If Tidser was to have signed for a club in our league I think I'd prefer it had been for us.

I'd hope tho' we can find someone a good bit younger. Altho he himself wasn't exceptionally old, I feel we want to be reducing the average age not increasing it.  Also with the trumpets blazing re our new head scout it should be interesting to see if he can up with someone from further afield. 

I've maybe a bit more confidence in Gordon being the box to box energetic player than most. I'd be looking more at a replacement for Spittal ie someone who can play wide if or when required.

4 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Bannigan was Celtic youth then we picked him up.

Any idea what age he was when he came to us? I'm looking for an excuse for being way too ignorant of our players

2 hours ago, Jag said:

Thank goodness for that. I thought I was the only one that thinks Slater is over rated.

I think Tidser would be a very good signing.

Good you’re reassured. Not sure who has over rated Slater, the boy is a decent player at this level as is Banzo. Jury still out on Gordon I think. We don’t set up to have box to box midfielders. These guys obey the managers command or they’re out of the team. Agree, think Tidser would be a good addition but we obviously couldn’t tempt him away from Falkirk,if indeed we were in for him in the first place.