Championship play off final

Auld Jag

4 minutes ago, allyo said:

I feel on nights like this we should make a special effort to enjoy that fact that we're not playing.

While watching this, I was thinking what a great night to be watching your team playing football. But glad I am not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, allyo said:

I feel on nights like this we should make a special effort to enjoy that fact that we're not playing.

A massive sense of relief, celebrated with cherry-flavoured Polish vodka liqueur. But enough about you, what about me?!

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Watching the game albeit on television (tempers my opinion somewhat) but makes me wonder what the worry of the play offs was all about.  Queens looked comfortable winners and away from home at that. Well that's easy to say when you're not involved.:)

Remember how comfortable Kilmarnock looked against Falkirk? Even how comfortable Motherwell looked against Sevco?  And then us vs Livingstone. These rules don't apply to Thistle. It wouldn't have been like that.

8 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Watching the game albeit on television (tempers my opinion somewhat) but makes me wonder what the worry of the play offs was all about.  Queens looked comfortable winners and away from home at that. Well that's easy to say when you're not involved.:)

Ah Lib, you have forgotten our experience of lasts year’s playoffs at last

7 hours ago, allyo said:

Remember how comfortable Kilmarnock looked against Falkirk? Even how comfortable Motherwell looked against Sevco?  And then us vs Livingstone. These rules don't apply to Thistle. It wouldn't have been like that.

If I remember right Falkirk one the 1st leg having outplayed Killie ?

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Ah Lib, you have forgotten our experience of lasts year’s playoffs at last

If only.

Think what I'm trying to say is that, without belittling Raith or the two Angus clubs our biggest worry would've been ourselves. I know the trepidation I'd have felt if we were involved. If that  feeling was in any way representative of the way the players felt we'd be there for the taking. Players properly motivated and it would've been a lot less taxing.

The only slightly consoling thing from last year's play offs is Livingston went on to have a good season. Still no excuse for our performances against them but at least they didn't turn out to be relegation fodder. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Think what I'm trying to say is that, without belittling Raith or the two Angus clubs our biggest worry would've been ourselves.

Spot on LiB. We wouldn’t have had the confidence to go again like Queens.

Had we finished second bottom, I firmly believe we would have gone down; imagine that, sh*tting  ourselves against Montrose when the Bunnet was sailing past us up to second tier? 

Fragility not resilience is the legacy of this season. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

Spot on LiB. We wouldn’t have had the confidence to go again like Queens.

Had we finished second bottom, I firmly believe we would have gone down; imagine that, sh*tting  ourselves against Montrose when the Bunnet was sailing past us up to second tier? 

Fragility not resilience is the legacy of this season. 

But we didn’t finish second bottom so there’s no need to worry about that :happy2:

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

But we didn’t finish second bottom so there’s no need to worry about that :happy2:

Who is worrying about league positions? 

What I am worried about is our underlying resilience & confidence as GC hasn’t dealt with that yet.

4 minutes ago, sandy said:

What I am worried about is our underlying resilience & confidence as GC hasn’t dealt with that yet.

You were clearly worrying to bring it up

you have no evidence than your own pompous opinion we would have lost to Montrose other than your own pompous opinion- the reality is that it didn’t happen so no idea why you decided to bring it up:happy2:

12 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Does anyone know if the premier play off final will be on telly?

Aye it’s on BT Sport, 1st leg on Thurs 23rd May and 2nd leg on the Sunday on BT Sport aswell. I hope St Mirren stay up and Hamilton end up in the playoffs.

17 hours ago, sandy said:

We'd have been relegated if that was the case.

I don't know if you made the trip to Dumfries, and I appreciate that one swallow doesn't make a summer, but it was one of the most confident, committed and clinical performances put in by a Thistle team in the past few years. It was a million miles away from the shambles of the opening day in Ayr.

7 hours ago, jags on tour said:

Aye it’s on BT Sport, 1st leg on Thurs 23rd May and 2nd leg on the Sunday on BT Sport aswell. I hope St Mirren stay up and Hamilton end up in the playoffs.

Haha, me too. Prefer going to new st Mirren park though. I don't have the words to say how much I hated the arabs, between them and Hamilton I'd probably rather Hamilton stayed up in the play off.

Ta for the info. Was hoping it might be on council telly. 

6 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Anyone else pleased to see Scott Wright scoring against someone other than Partick Thistle today?

Wouldn't be unhappy if he turned up at Firhill on a loan deal.

Who? The Aberdeen player? Can't say it's crossed my mind.