Joe Cardle signs

Albert's Ghost

Joe Joe Super Joe.  For all the negative comments about GC, that’s now Gordon and Cardle decided to return and both were delighted at returning so Caldwell must be doing something right or else these guys would never come back. Delighted he’s back, now for a few strikers and a full back on either side.  I’d have a look at Fyvie that DUTD released, I think he might have struggled with his fitness though so he should fit right in.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see Cardle's coming back. I agree, he was a breath of fresh air, getting stuck right in.

To be honest, I want to see young talent getting prioritised - I'm not interested in what journeymen can keep us stable and in the Championship. I want to see a new Gary Harkins, a new Chris Erskine  and a new Kris Doolan, a la McCall. That's how we built a team that ended up getting runners up and eventually winning this division.

No longer having a reserve team that we can nurture young talent in is a bit of a worry for me. There's only limited value in loaning out young prospects. 

Edited by Blackpool Jags

45 minutes ago, gerrybritton9 said:

GC and positive fan support definitely played a role in him staying 

im told that even when injured or left out, he is in the dressing room encouraging others and cheering them on

GC thinks his mindset is his greatest asset 

You didn't think that through before you posted, did you?

We don't need mindsets as a greatest asset - we need delivery on the park.

Look at what happened to Kris Doolan.

His mindset is exemplary - and he was rejected by GC.

Edited by Barney Rubble

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You didn't think that through before you posted, did you?

We don't need mindsets as a greatest asset - we need delivery on the park.

Look at what happened to Kris Doolan.

His mindset is an example to us all - even after his rejection from GC.

I didn’t think it through . I’m just saying what Gary  told me when I asked him.

As for Doolan, Caldwell has said on record (watch the video when it comes out) that he didn’t feel Kris had contributed enough to the team since October. Kris wanted to keep on playing professionally and didn’t want to become a coach and so he left.

1 minute ago, gerrybritton9 said:

I didn’t think it through . I’m just saying what Gary  told me when I asked him.

As for Doolan, Caldwell has said on record (watch the video when it comes out) that he didn’t feel Kris had contributed enough to the team since October. Kris wanted to keep on playing professionally and didn’t want to become a coach and so he left.

And do you agree with that assessment?

the point you asked me was if I had thought it through. I hadn’t. It was what the manager told me. He’s obviously thought it through.

Yes, I do agree with that assessment.

And even if I didn’t, Gary Caldwell has 55 caps for Scotland, in the Scotland hall of fame and has won trophies north and south of the border.

The boy has the credentials and credibility to make these decisions 

2 minutes ago, gerrybritton9 said:

the point you asked me was if I had thought it through. I hadn’t. It was what the manager told me. He’s obviously thought it through.

Yes, I do agree with that assessment.

And even if I didn’t, Gary Caldwell has 55 caps for Scotland, in the Scotland hall of fame and has won trophies north and south of the border.

The boy has the credentials and credibility to make these decisions 

OK I'll humour you.

Why do you agree with the assessment? 

Because Gary told you?

I think you should declare your interest in this discussion, because you are clearly not impartial.

Maybe because you are the real Gerry Britton?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

And do you agree with that assessment?

I personally didn’t think he had contributed anywhere near enough by his high standards in that timeframe. McDonald pretty much did far far more in a shorter space of time 

Don’t agree with how the club handled his exit but that’s a separate discussion 

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I personally didn’t think he had contributed anywhere near enough by his high standards. McDonald pretty much did far far more in a shorter space of time 

No contest.

I found it strange, though, that Thistlebright's (??) conversation with GC's cousin (referred to on another thread) made reference to Erskine and Doolan having been identified early on by GC as disposable (or something similar)  and yet GC maintains that Doolan didn't do enough between October and May to be retained. That is not consistent behaviour. Sounds to me that even if Dools had scored 15 this season, GC would still have wanted him out the door.

Gerry Britton didn't do himself, GC or the club any favours with his statement the other night hat 'maybe it could have been handled better'.

That was crass.

Edited by Barney Rubble

21 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

No contest.

I found it strange, though, that Thistlebright's (??) conversation with GC's cousin (referred to on another thread) made reference to Erskine and Doolan having been identified early on by GC as disposable (or something similar)  and yet GC maintains that Doolan didn't do enough between October and May to be retained. That is not consistent behaviour. Sounds to me that even if Dools had scored 15 this season, GC would still have wanted him out the door.

Gerry Britton didn't do himself, GC or the club any favours with his statement the other night hat 'maybe it could have been handled better'.

That was crass.

“Joe Cardle signs”

1 hour ago, gerrybritton9 said:

So Kris was offered a coaching contract?

1 minute ago, gerrybritton9 said:

You’re going away from the topic.

And I keep saying, I don’t need think before I post , I just use facts. 

From the, town of Bedrock 

You are implying Kris was offered a contract as a coach. Was he?