Joe Cardle signs

Albert's Ghost

1 minute ago, gerrybritton9 said:

You’re going away from the topic.

And I keep saying, I don’t need think before I post , I just use facts. 

From the, town of Bedrock 

Hmmmm.

I welcomed Joe.

You deflected the conversation Gerry.. I called you out.................it's all there for everyone to see.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Hmmmm.

I welcomed Joe.

You deflected the conversation Gerry.. I called you out.................it's all there for everyone to see.

Barney, could you please leave me alone.

i just made some football comment on a football forum and now you are pestering me.

I am not Gerry Britton 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gerrybritton9 said:

I don’t know if he was or wasn’t. But he was not going to play and Kris wanted to play 

you only deal in facts you said

And said Kris didn't want to be a coach implying he was offered a coaching role (which I don't think he was) 

Thanks for clarifying that you don't know 

And yes, good news re Cardle 

1 minute ago, gerrybritton9 said:

Barney, could you please leave me alone.

i just made some football comment on a football forum and now you are pestering me.

I am not Gerry Britton 

I called you out on statements that you made re GC, quite properly.

If you consider that to be pestering you then so be it.

Maybe if you are not comfortable with scrutiny then maybe you shouldn't post?

Anyway out of respect to all posters, let's get this back to Joe Cardle.

A fine football player, whom as an ex-fullback I would not want to meet on a football park or anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, gerrybritton9 said:

Kris didn’t want to retire from playing 

Caldwell won’t play him 

watch the video.

'Kris didn't want to be  a coach' implies that he was offered that opportunity, otherwise why mention it

I do not think that happened - the video wont dissuade me from the view that for someone with a desire in dealing in facts you are muddying the waters a little

8 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I called you out on statements that you made re GC, quite properly.

If you consider that to be pestering you then so be it.

Maybe if you are not comfortable with scrutiny then maybe you shouldn't post?

Anyway out of respect to all posters, let's get this back to Joe Cardle.

A fine football player, whom as an ex-fullback I would not want to meet on a football park or anywhere else.

Yes you’re “calling out” and questioning me I consider pestering.

can you please leave me alone?

is that how it works that if I find your behaviour unsettling then I’ve to stop writing anything on this forum?

7 minutes ago, jaf said:

'Kris didn't want to be  a coach' implies that he was offered that opportunity, otherwise why mention it

I do not think that happened - the video wont dissuade me from the view that for someone with a desire in dealing in facts you are muddying the waters a little

Jaf I think you should leave gerrybritton1 alone. He’s spoken to Gary and everything is cool, and Jacqui private messaged him and says we’re getting promoted. Nothing to see here. 

40 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

No contest.

I found it strange, though, that Thistlebright's (??) conversation with GC's cousin (referred to on another thread) made reference to Erskine and Doolan having been identified early on by GC as disposable (or something similar)  and yet GC maintains that Doolan didn't do enough between October and May to be retained. That is not consistent behaviour. Sounds to me that even if Dools had scored 15 this season, GC would still have wanted him out the door.

Gerry Britton didn't do himself, GC or the club any favours with his statement the other night hat 'maybe it could have been handled better'.

That was crass.

I was at the GC event the other night and Caldwell and Gerry Britton got off lightly with the Dools question, a lot of it to do with the size of the hall and no amplification at the back of the hall , think the conversation about Dools lasted about a minute and GB’s comments about being handled better and his testimonial match were as Barney said crass and to a degree flippant.

I went with ( believe it or not ) an open mind but came away with what I thought a manager who absolutely over analyses everything to the nth degree whether that’s time spent on the training ground ( to the very minute ) or blinding us with stats to fit his agenda to how a match has developed. I also had the impression he dehumanises our players to suit his mindset of what fits into his stereotypical view what a footballer should be (box ticking exercise ) 

We have improved since January but still need to remember it was only on the last day we sealed our Championship status .

Maybe that’s modern day football but sometimes I just don’t get it .

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I went with ( believe it or not ) an open mind but came away with what I thought a manager who absolutely over analyses everything to the nth degree whether that’s time spent on the training ground ( to the very minute ) or blinding us with stats to fit his agenda to how a match has developed. I also had the impression he dehumanises our players to suit his mindset of what fits into his stereotypical view what a footballer should be (box ticking exercise ) 

2 hours ago, gerrybritton9 said:

I didn’t think it through . I’m just saying what Gary  told me when I asked him.

As for Doolan, Caldwell has said on record (watch the video when it comes out) that he didn’t feel Kris had contributed enough to the team since October. Kris wanted to keep on playing professionally and didn’t want to become a coach and so he left.

Kris never left, he wasn’t offered anything to give him an option to stay or leave, he was punted.

12 hours ago, Blackpool Jags said:

I'm glad to see Cardle's coming back. I agree, he was a breath of fresh air, getting stuck right in.

To be honest, I want to see young talent getting prioritised - I'm not interested in what journeymen can keep us stable and in the Championship. I want to see a new Gary Harkins, a new Chris Erskine  and a new Kris Doolan, a la McCall. That's how we built a team that ended up getting runners up and eventually winning this division.

No longer having a reserve team that we can nurture young talent in is a bit of a worry for me. There's only limited value in loaning out young prospects. 

There is a balancing act to be achieved. With those young Harkins,Doolan, Erskine it took us 4 or 5 years to get promoted. Would the fans be prepared or can the club afford to wait that long. 

8 hours ago, jaf said:

you only deal in facts you said

And said Kris didn't want to be a coach implying he was offered a coaching role (which I don't think he was) 

Thanks for clarifying that you don't know 

And yes, good news re Cardle 

To be fair - was he not doing some coaching with the reserves or youth teams last season ?

36 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

To be fair - was he not doing some coaching with the reserves or youth teams last season ?

Was coaching with u18s. I think somebody asked if he should not have been retained in a coaching role? As said, that wasn’t offered anyway but answered with the point that he wants to keep playing and has offers on the table already.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

There is a balancing act to be achieved. With those young Harkins,Doolan, Erskine it took us 4 or 5 years to get promoted. Would the fans be prepared or can the club afford to wait that long. 

Don’t think the Club can afford to wait that long , begs the question, we’ve had an Academy for the last 6 years and not really evolved as a Club building for the future.

Think it’s been a missed opportunity over that period to actually build something and give young players a pathway to the first team .

Financially after the final parachute payment from the SPFL  I think it will be a struggle , think most of the resources will be on the first team to try and get promotion.

51 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Don’t think the Club can afford to wait that long , begs the question, we’ve had an Academy for the last 6 years and not really evolved as a Club building for the future.

Think it’s been a missed opportunity over that period to actually build something and give young players a pathway to the first team .

Financially after the final parachute payment from the SPFL  I think it will be a struggle , think most of the resources will be on the first team to try and get promotion.

We've had a few players came through the Academy and others developed at that level such as Lindsay. This season we've had Sneddon, Penrice and Fitzpatrick playing regularly at times. Penrice played every minute. Compare that with our peers in the division and we're doing pretty well.

A few have knocked the door such as McCarthy, Lamont and the lad snapped up by Motherwell. Also had Callum Wilson out on loan.

Always room for improvement and when/ if the training academy gets off the ground we can improve over the coming years. This is where we benefit from Colin Weir's generosity. It's basically a free hit as he funds those costs, something we couldn't support to anywhere the same level elsewhere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

We've had a few players came through the Academy and others developed at that level such as Lindsay. This season we've had Sneddon, Penrice and Fitzpatrick playing regularly at times. Penrice played every minute. Compare that with our peers in the division and we're doing pretty well.

A few have knocked the door such as McCarthy, Lamont and the lad snapped up by Motherwell. Also had Callum Wilson out on loan.

Always room for improvement and when/ if the training academy gets off the ground we can improve over the coming years. This is where we benefit from Colin Weir's generosity. It's basically a free hit as he funds those costs, something we couldn't support to anywhere the same level elsewhere.

Yeah , you’re right with the players mentioned apart from Jamie Sneddon who came through Hearts youth development and we signed from Cowdenbeath.

Not every team in our league has an Academy, and it should have been a free hit over the last 6 years thank to the Weirs , I just think it’s a chance wasted , apart from Liam Lindsey, James Penrice and young Aidan who has played roughly 20 first team games , a few of the players mentioned have been about the first team but didn’t really make the step up . Biggest problem now is the jump between u18s football and the first team to provide a pathway for the young players.

31 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Yeah , you’re right with the players mentioned apart from Jamie Sneddon who came through Hearts youth development and we signed from Cowdenbeath.

Not every team in our league has an Academy, and it should have been a free hit over the last 6 years thank to the Weirs , I just think it’s a chance wasted , apart from Liam Lindsey, James Penrice and young Aidan who has played roughly 20 first team games , a few of the players mentioned have been about the first team but didn’t really make the step up . Biggest problem now is the jump between u18s football and the first team to provide a pathway for the young players.

Lindsay developed when out on loan as did a few others.  Not ideal but if they get first team football coupled with full-time training it can work out okay. Hastie at Motherwell- on loan at Alloa being a good example.