Joe Cardle signs

Albert's Ghost

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Yeah , you’re right with the players mentioned apart from Jamie Sneddon who came through Hearts youth development and we signed from Cowdenbeath.

Not every team in our league has an Academy, and it should have been a free hit over the last 6 years thank to the Weirs , I just think it’s a chance wasted , apart from Liam Lindsey, James Penrice and young Aidan who has played roughly 20 first team games , a few of the players mentioned have been about the first team but didn’t really make the step up . Biggest problem now is the jump between u18s football and the first team to provide a pathway for the young players.

But 3 players you mentioned in your post were probably only 19 or 20 when they broke into the 1st team. 

We have already received £350K for Liam, somebody mentioned £1M for Fitzpatrick (probably unrealistic) and if we can manage Penrice’s contract properly and bring him on effectively we should get money for him when he moves on.

11 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

But 3 players you mentioned in your post were probably only 19 or 20 when they broke into the 1st team. 

We have already received £350K for Liam, somebody mentioned £1M for Fitzpatrick (probably unrealistic) and if we can manage Penrice’s contract properly and bring him on effectively we should get money for him when he moves on.

Just think we could’ve a done a bit better over that period of time, also think you’ve made a valid point they should be breaking through 18,19 and 20 yrs old 

41 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Just think we could’ve a done a bit better over that period of time, also think you’ve made a valid point they should be breaking through 18,19 and 20 yrs old 

Maybe a little bit better. I think if we get one a season coming into 1st team contention that would be a good return. Unfortunately, I don’t think McCarthy or Calum Wilson so far met that criteria. 

21 hours ago, gerrybritton9 said:

the point you asked me was if I had thought it through. I hadn’t. It was what the manager told me. He’s obviously thought it through.

Yes, I do agree with that assessment.

And even if I didn’t, Gary Caldwell has 55 caps for Scotland, in the Scotland hall of fame and has won trophies north and south of the border.

The boy has the credentials and credibility to make these decisions 

Murdo Macleod 5 league titles, Scotland capped, played at a World Cup (1 more than Caldwell) won trophies on the continent (Germany), not in SFA hall of fame (neither is Caldwell). 

A decent CV as a player does not make you a decent manager

50 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Murdo Macleod 5 league titles, Scotland capped, played at a World Cup (1 more than Caldwell) won trophies on the continent (Germany), not in SFA hall of fame (neither is Caldwell). 

A decent CV as a player does not make you a decent manager

Shiverrrrr, I'd almost forgotten about murder as our gaffer, completely useless manager and he used to watch about 5 minutes of the teams training from the Firhill complex windows then bugger off again.

Edited by sb1876

21 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Kris never left, he wasn’t offered anything to give him an option to stay or leave, he was punted.

The pedantry on this forum s beyond a joke.

If I ask someone to leave my house and they leave then they have left. It makes no difference whether I gave hem an option to stay. Kris Doolan has left.

Im maybe not keeping up with everyone's agenda, but just reading this thread it seems pretty clear that gerrybritton9 is being pestered and hounded for what just seemed to be posting something that other people disagree with.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, allyo said:

The pedantry on this forum s beyond a joke.

If I ask someone to leave my house and they leave then they have left. It makes no difference whether I gave hem an option to stay. Kris Doolan has left.

Im maybe not keeping up with everyone's agenda, but just reading this thread it seems pretty clear that gerrybritton9 is being pestered and hounded for what just seemed to be posting something that other people disagree with.

I'm late to the discussions in any case.

But have you considered that poster you mentioned is being a prize arse?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

I haven't noticed. You could point me in the direction of the evidence if you like but I probably won't be all that interested.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Given that attitude, there's no point.

So I won't.

Would you prefer that I take an attitude that is open to you proving to me that someone is a prize arse? I mean really, who would that benefit?

Just now, allyo said:

Would you prefer that I take an attitude that is open to you proving to me that someone is a prize arse? I mean really, who would that benefit?

No and no-one.

Let's agree to disagree. There's been enough poor stuff on this forum in the last couple of weeks. 

I have no wish to add to it by getting involved in a discussion that neither of us can win, so I'll leave it there if you don't mind Allyo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, allyo said:

And on Joe Cardle, his cross for McDonald to score against QoS at Firhill was one of the best pieces of football I saw this season. Very pleased that he's signed.

Are you sure it was QoS? McDonald hadn’t signed the last time we played them at home

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

im not being a prize arse.

once again check your facts and stop pestering me.

Just stating the facts as explained to me on a one to one face to face basis by Gary Caldwell 

On 5/17/2019 at 8:35 PM, gerrybritton9 said:

GC and positive fan support definitely played a role in him staying 

im told that even when injured or left out, he is in the dressing room encouraging others and cheering them on

GC thinks his mindset is his greatest asset 

For posting this comment I’m considered a prize arse and being pestered and “called out”

On 5/17/2019 at 9:30 PM, gerrybritton9 said:

the point you asked me was if I had thought it through. I hadn’t. It was what the manager told me. He’s obviously thought it through.

Yes, I do agree with that assessment.

And even if I didn’t, Gary Caldwell has 55 caps for Scotland, in the Scotland hall of fame and has won trophies north and south of the border.

The boy has the credentials and credibility to make these decisions 

I think your being called out on comments like this.

1 hour ago, gerrybritton9 said:

I don’t know what being called out means 

{transitive] to criticize someone about something they have said or done and challenge them to explain it. Calling her out in front of everyone wasn't exactly fair. call someone out on something: She called him outon his shameless hypocrisy.

ETA: I’m not calling you out, that’s just the first definition I saw online :lol:

Edited by jagfox