Joe Cardle signs

Albert's Ghost

Being called out should in theory be the opposite of being called in. As a kid my ma would call me in for my dinner or if I'd been banging my football off the neighbour's lock up. So being called out could just mean your dinners not ready. Or maybe the neighbour is away on holiday, as my ma never really liked the grumpy old ******* anyway.

• Like 1

Anyway

remember when Joe got injured and had to hobble off? He walked round and stood watching the rest of the first half from the tunnel 

that tells you a lot about his excellent attitude 

both he and Tam oware come in when injured to help out the others. So as I said at the start, a great player with a great attitude.

32 minutes ago, gerrybritton9 said:

I appreciate the definition 

so I post what I think 

people call me out 

then they pester me

then they say that if I don’t like it I shouldn’t post here.

whats that the definition of?

I think that might be one for the mental health wellbeing clinic.

Just my tuppence worth, don't take comments too seriously, there are some posters on here who seem to delight in being controversial and getting into others ribs. I have bitten a few times and though at first was miffed have begun to enjoy the jousting. I think the secret is to just post what you want while expecting that sometimes you'll post drivel and others will be quick to rip the peesh. I suspect that you appear from your postings to have the ear of certain individuals within the club structure and are happy to share, there are some who will use that to rip the aforementioned peesh. All good fun if we are prepared to occasionally accept we might be a bit of an arse from time to time.

Agree with your cardle post, smashing attitude.

5 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Just my tuppence worth, don't take comments too seriously, there are some posters on here who seem to delight in being controversial and getting into others ribs. I have bitten a few times and though at first was miffed have begun to enjoy the jousting. I think the secret is to just post what you want while expecting that sometimes you'll post drivel and others will be quick to rip the peesh. I suspect that you appear from your postings to have the ear of certain individuals within the club structure and are happy to share, there are some who will use that to rip the aforementioned peesh. All good fun if we are prepared to occasionally accept we might be a bit of an arse from time to time.

Thanks for that. I have no likes left otherwise I would have.

Theres two ways to have the biggest house in the street: 1 work hard, put in time and effort 

2 Or smash everyone else’s house down 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gerrybritton9 said:

I appreciate the definition 

so I post what I think 

people call me out 

then they pester me

then they say that if I don’t like it I shouldn’t post here.

whats that the definition of?

It goes both ways - you post what you think, and I post what I think. That's the way internet fora work.

It's called being able to give it out and take it back too.

If your response to being called out on something you said is that you are 'being pestered' then perhaps you may wish to consider that posting on an internet forum may not be appropriate for your clearly fragile ego.

Anyway for the avoidance of all doubt, I wish you no harm as a fellow Jag. I just disagree with your view on the manner in which Gary Caldwell manages our football club.

Edited by Barney Rubble

4 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I think you are right. There are some posters whose automatic response to pretty much anything the club does,is to criticise.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

If your response to being called out on something you said is that you are 'being pestered' then perhaps you may wish to consider that posting on an internet forum may not be appropriate for your clearly fragile ego.

Anyway for the avoidance of all doubt, I wish you no harm as a fellow Jag. I just disagree with your view on the manner in which Gary Caldwell manages our football club.

And so, the problem is me and my fragile ego.

I shouldn’t post here unless I’m prepared for people to treat me in a way I don’t agree with 

whats this the definition of?

Just now, gerrybritton9 said:

And so, the problem is me and my fragile ego.

I shouldn’t post here unless I’m prepared for people to treat me in a way I don’t agree with 

whats this the definition of?

Post here all you want - you do have plenty to say, most of which is highly relevant and informative.

However, if you don't agree with some of the reactions you receive to your posts, then maybe you shouldn't post at all?

It's your choice - you cannot have it both ways.

Anyway, hope you are having a good weekend.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

It goes both ways - you post what you think, and I post what I think. That's the way internet fora work.

It's called being able to give it out and take it back too.

I think gerrybritton is right. You were like a dog with a bone. You kept on insisting he justified a comment, when he was only passing on some information. Even when he told you that,again you demanded that he told you what he thought.

You know how on match day Gary Caldwell gives players 2 specific actions- one on the ball and one off it. Well Joe helps with that when he was injured AND when he was benched 

this is what I meant about Joe’s mindset being even better than his excellent ability.

And now I sit back and await the calling out etc ....for daring to write something down in an electronic retrievable format. Note none of the above is opinion or relates to  Caldwell or Doolan- it’s just a nice story about Joe being excellent 

9 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think gerrybritton is right. You were like a dog with a bone. You kept on insisting he justified a comment, when he was only passing on some information. Even when he told you that,again you demanded that he told you what he thought.

I agree

11 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Fair call, that's your opinion, which I fully respect.

However GB9's opinion seemed to be based on a private conversation with GC. He came across as presenting that as gospel and under analysis and scrutiny he was not happy.

Fine if you think I'm a dog with a bone. All of us have every right to be so in the current circumstances. 

In short, GB9 was prepared to say it, so he must be prepared to take the analysis that comes with it.

34 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Fair call, that's your opinion, which I fully respect.

However GB9's opinion seemed to be based on a private conversation with GC. He came across as presenting that as gospel and under analysis and scrutiny he was not happy.

Fine if you think I'm a dog with a bone. All of us have every right to be so in the current circumstances. 

In short, GB9 was prepared to say it, so he must be prepared to take the analysis that comes with it.

I hope that you apply this principle to everybody that posts an opinion on here, whether it is based on a conversation with someone or just someone’s perspective or thought

ad hominem
/ad ˈhɒmɪnɛm/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
    "an ad hominem response"
adverb
  1. 1.
    in a way that is directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
    "these points come from some of our best information sources, who realize they'll be attacked ad hominem"
  2. 2.
    in a way that relates to or is associated with a particular person.
    "the office was created ad hominem for Fenton"
    :hypocrite:

4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I think you are right. There are some posters whose automatic response to pretty much anything the club does,is to criticise.

I guess I can be a little like that about Caldwell so I shouldn't throw stones. There's also some posters that seem to delight in angst. They disagree just for the sake of it, rarely make a relevant point, just slag off others for their own entertainment. 

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Post here all you want - you do have plenty to say, most of which is highly relevant and informative.

However, if you don't agree with some of the reactions you receive to your posts, then maybe you shouldn't post at all?

It's your choice - you cannot have it both ways.

Anyway, hope you are having a good weekend.

Very reasonable barney, and very polite too.

50 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

I guess I can be a little like that about Caldwell so I shouldn't throw stones. There's also some posters that seem to delight in angst. They disagree just for the sake of it, rarely make a relevant point, just slag off others for their own entertainment. 

48 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Very reasonable barney, and very polite too.

Bit crass quoting myself I know but just for the avoidance if any doubt I'm not for an second suggesting that Barney is such a poster. I find him to be a very reasonable poster. Just wanted to clarify.