I have had enough of the clubs administration.

Flycatcher

On 5/17/2019 at 10:29 PM, jlsarmy said:

Think Flycatcher is getting a bit of a rough ride and I don’t really disagree with a lot of what he says Communication by the Club ( can’t disagree) , treatment of Dools ( can’t disagree ) Gary Caldwell post match interviews ( even fellow managers think he’s watching a different game )

Disrespectful to the fans ( still going for the play off pretence a month of the season to go ) when we knew it was a relegation battle 

And I’m also old enough to remember the Thistle supporters banner “ We want the old Thistle not the Auld Thistle ) due to Bertie’s negative tactics  

And finally Gary Caldwell at this moment divides the Thistle support and there is a disconnect there between the supporters and the Club at this moment.

Surely he’s allowed his opinion, it’s a forum after all .

Thank you for putting it much,much better then I did.....

On 5/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, Ruchillnomore said:

Bertie Auld ????? Really 2 Scottish Cup semi finals beating the old firm on a regular basis much better times than this crap only only one word for it..........

Maybe it’s the way I wrote it and comparing to the Bunnet.......

Bertie team was working to be very hard to beat. It’s wasn't the prettiest football and was industrial in style.

Although it did the job.

As did the Bunnet, not pleasing to watch, but effective.

its interesting that nobody argues with me in that,the administration of the club is piss poor ?!?

Edited by Flycatcher

14 minutes ago, Flycatcher said:

Thank you for putting it much,much better then I did.....

Maybe it’s the way I wrote it and comparing to the Bunnet.......

Bertie team was working to be very hard to beat. It’s wasn't the prettiest football and was industrial in style.

Although it did the job.

its interesting that nobody argues with me in that,the administration of the club is piss poor ?!?

I think you will find that debate rages on across a number of threads.  My view is the more meet he manager/board events we have so much better. It will rarely be perfect but I'd like to think we can move on from the events of last year. As always fans will be watching and commenting, sometimes objectively and also subjectively. 

20 minutes ago, Flycatcher said:

Agree a wholehearted 50%:). Yes, watching us getting relegated, beaten by Alloa, Stirling Albion, Peterhead, Albion Rovers, shifting 11 goals in two consecutive home games, losing 0-4 to Clyde, that was not pleasing to watch. Effective???? He got us relegated, steered us to 4th place in the 3rd tier and, after riding incredible luck at Peterhead, had us heading back down there when he got the bullet.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:45 AM, Lenziejag said:

Just go to the games and don’t bother with the bollocks. You don’t need to listen to the interviews or read the forum.

Totally agree with this. I've been 'picking and choosing' the games I go to for years - it's a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon and if it's an entertaining game I'm more inclined to go to another game sooner. I'm just not in to it enough to be that bothered about how the manager engages with 'us' or whatever. No criticism meant of those that do - obviously following a football team means different things to different people.

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

And I just walked straight into the trap :thumbsup2: :D

it's your enthusiasm and love of all things Jaggy (and especially the nostalgic ones) that blinded you to the sticky web you were entering.  I get all teary eyed at any mention of the Auld days but nostalgia is just not what it used to be...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree a wholehearted 50%:). Yes, watching us getting relegated, beaten by Alloa, Stirling Albion, Peterhead, Albion Rovers, shifting 11 goals in two consecutive home games, losing 0-4 to Clyde, that was not pleasing to watch. Effective???? He got us relegated, steered us to 4th place in the 3rd tier and, after riding incredible luck at Peterhead, had us heading back down there when he got the bullet.

But Mr Bunnet did know how to inspire a fightback. You say we rode incredible luck at Peterhead (and I still remember the temporary incomprehension of trying to compute that the ball was somehow behind the goalkeper and over the line), but in the run of 4 away games culminating in that afternoon, we were behind in each match, but recovered to win. Stirling Albion, Dumbarton, Stranraer and Peterhead. Only the second of these was not absolutely vital. That took nerve.