“Get to the ball”

gerrybritton9

15 minutes ago, fenski said:

....In your opinion. In my opinion, I think that is really, really unlikely given the amount of effort that must have gone in to preparing for it, and the believeability of his delivery. Wish there was more leaders with that level of competency and commitment where I work!

Really - so the fact we are cutting 50% of our staff - fans saying they wont buy Season Tickets because of how they treated Dools - Spending Cuts all over the Club all just one big series of coincidence ? 

Everything is fine - nothing to see here ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fenski said:

....In your opinion. In my opinion, I think that is really, really unlikely given the amount of effort that must have gone in to preparing for it, and the believeability of his delivery. Wish there was more leaders with that level of competency and commitment where I work!

Believe me it means nothing, very obvious at the start of his tenure that the team wasn’t adapting to his methods or that there was any sort of team spirit. Can you really tell if he’s competent or committed ? , is it because he told you so ?

He did come across articulate and eloquent but he only showed naturally the good bits of the season , he kinda blinded us by stats but missed out bits like creativity in the team, player assists , shots on goal etc

I think this was stagemanaged to deal with the backlash they got re Dools

Do you think there would have been a meet the manager night if we had got relegated or even been in the play offs ?

Think the jury is out on that one 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Believe me it means nothing, very obvious at the start of his tenure that the team wasn’t adapting to his methods or that there was any sort of team spirit. Can you really tell if he’s competent or committed ? , is it because he told you so ?

He did come across articulate and eloquent but he only showed naturally the good bits of the season , he kinda blinded us by stats but missed out bits like creativity in the team, player assists , shots on goal etc

I think this was stagemanaged to deal with the backlash they got re Dools

Do you think there would have been a meet the manager night if we had got relegated or even been in the play offs ?

Think the jury is out on that one 

Why don't you just say that whatever Caldwell says or does you will automatically be against it? We didn't get relegated or were in the play offs. Why hypothesize about a negative? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Sounds like subsidising budgeted expenditure.

I look forward to seeing how the Clubs’ accountants represent these impromptu donations...

I am sure they would just treat it like any other sponsorship income ? What is it about it that makes you think there is something dodgy going on ?

50 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I am sure they would just treat it like any other sponsorship income ? What is it about it that makes you think there is something dodgy going on ?

The point being if there are a lot of these “dips into the pocket” the (possibly once true) claim that the Weirs aren’t bankrolling us is no longer true.

So will the Club own up and explain that at the next AGM or try to deny that by pretending that sponsorship revenue skyrocketed? Or will they keep the expenditure off their own books completely on the grounds that all these things “are just being paid by some guy” and that we have nothing to do with it?

16 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Really - so the fact we are cutting 50% of our staff - fans saying they wont buy Season Tickets because of how they treated Dools - Spending Cuts all over the Club all just one big series of coincidence ? 

Everything is fine - nothing to see here ? 

That's not the point I was making though. I was disagreeing with your assertion that the meet the manager evening had been arranged purely as a deflection tactic.

As to the club changes - Colin Weir stand, staff cuts, potential scrapping of the academy, etc - I haven't had a chance to form an opinion. It looks like this close season is being used to fundamentally re-structure club. Anything like that is going to be painful for a lot of those involved. No-one will be happy to see people out of a job. Is it necessary? I don't know, I don't have sufficient background information to make that call. Will the club be more successful as a result of these changes? Only time will tell.

4 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

The point being if there are a lot of these “dips into the pocket” the (possibly once true) claim that the Weirs aren’t bankrolling us is no longer true.

So will the Club own up and explain that at the next AGM or try to deny that by pretending that sponsorship revenue skyrocketed? Or will they keep the expenditure off their own books completely on the grounds that all these things “are just being paid by some guy” and that we have nothing to do with it?

Ok. I get your point. However, I doubt there is a club in the country that could balance the books without sponsorship or additional funding from Directors/owners.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:22 AM, Jordanhill Jag said:

How do you know that - complete nonsense - we are just a job to him - we blew the Parachute Payment money to stay up on the last game of the Season - he knows if he fails here then his Career is Finished - Thistle means Nada to him - we are a means to an end 

Pretty much most Managers we would employ are the same - so save the nonsense - he gets a fresh start next Season - the only Reason for the " Gary Show" was to deflect from getting rid of Dools and the Bad PR with lots of people saying they won't buy Season Tickets 

Jesus H Christ Mate - between your wee PMs with Jlo and Gary Being "Hurt Deeply"   

Ran out of likes. Mon tae feck GB9, who d'you think you are/ are kidding?

7 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

If they are then Accountancy wise they shouldn't be as its not giving a true reflection on the Clubs Performance to the Shareholders - Shares have a Value based on Company Performance - Accounts have to reflect this - if they are not then thats an issue  

6 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Even if Indirectly  it has to be reflected in the Accounts for Tax Reasons 

6 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

They could do that if they want to get arrested ....Companies are governed by legal requirements and directors have legal responsibilities.....your two planks short of a conspiracy

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

If they are then Accountancy wise they shouldn't be as its not giving a true reflection on the Clubs Performance to the Shareholders - Shares have a Value based on Company Performance - Accounts have to reflect this - if they are not then thats an issue  

I am not sure I understand this. it is ok to include McCrea’s sponsorship and Energy check etc in performance but not Colin Weir’s.

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Was that stated at the Presentation - if they did fair enough -as long as it didn't come out the Club Budget 

That wasn’t said at all , Caldwell asked for a Training Camp and it was sanctioned by the Board 

The 25k they spent on that could have been used to make it one redundancy less .

We were the only team in the league who had a training camp , total waste of money !!

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

That wasn’t said at all , Caldwell asked for a Training Camp and it was sanctioned by the Board 

The 25k they spent on that could have been used to make it one redundancy less .

We were the only team in the league who had a training camp , total waste of money !!

And we stayed up .....thanks  to Colin 

42 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And we stayed up .....thanks  to Colin 

If you really believe that well .....  just as well  Alloa , Morton , Dunfermline , QOS didn’t have a training camp or we would have been gubbed .

Edited by jlsarmy