Youth Academy closing ?

Bobbyhouston

57 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Jeezuz, can't believe I'm having to respond to this.

Think you've got that one totally wrong TL.

Are you suggesting that CE and KD stole a wage in the last two seasons? Because that appears to be what you are implying.

If CE and KD were complacent then what the **** were the rest of them up to???

The rest of them were worse, eg osman,barton etc etc and hence why I was not in the slightest sorry that those chancers left

I’m not saying erskine and Doolan  stole anything and apologies if that’s what it looked likebut I’m saying they were I’m my opinion poor (and that could be a variety of reasons eg health, injury, fitness, managers) but because of their legendary status this might get overlooked. What I am saying is that I have more sympathy for the guys realeased today, there is nothing they could have done about it and were likely on far less wages than either Doolan or erskine.

do you not have sympathy for the guys laid off today?

of perhaps more concern for me than the treatment of Doolan and erskine from the club is that it looks a forum poster knew that these people were going to be laid off before they did because of a mole.  Now I find it pretty appalling that a mole (presumably someone at the club or very close to the club in some form or other) decided to tell their mate on a forum about these redundancies before these people found out themselves.  That is shocking behaviour or don’t you agree?

Edited by Third Lanark

1 hour ago, admin said:

People might buy into you being genuinely concerned about the future of our football club if you didn't make posts like this. 

Tagging people in a post part of which is about folk losing their job just looks like faux rage and pathetic point scoring. 

Thanks for your opinions, we’ll maybe take them into consideration.

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

So we have not had to pay off Archie at all or spend a fortune paying off the dross he signed 

Given most people say the financial problems have been a result of the last 2 years no idea how he can solely be to blame. Doubt he will have much to do with financial planning for the last 2 years- only you could make the sad news of redundancy into a let’s get at the manager- pretty disgusting 

as for your put £2000 into the club all kinds of fans put their own money in through sponsorship etc but do not feel the need to constantly go on about but your arrogance knows no bounds 

good riddance

*waves at a fool*

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The rest of them were worse, eg osman,barton etc etc and hence why I was not in the slightest sorry that those chancers left

I’m not saying erskine and Doolan  stole anything and apologies if that’s what it looked likebut I’m saying they were I’m my opinion poor (and that could be a variety of reasons eg health, injury, fitness, managers) but because of their legendary status this might get overlooked. What I am saying is that I have more sympathy for the guys realeased today, there is nothing they could have done about it and were likely on far less wages than either Doolan or erskine.

do you not have sympathy for the guys laid off today?

of perhaps more concern for me than the treatment of Doolan and erskine from the club is that it looks a forum poster knew that these people were going to be laid off before they did because of a mole.  Now I find it pretty appalling that a mole (presumably someone at the club or very close to the club in some form or other) decided to tell their mate on a forum about these redundancies before these people found out themselves.  That is shocking behaviour or don’t you agree?

In any redundancy there’s a consultation period. I’m presuming those made redundant in the last few days were aware this consultation was taking place, and given the numbers of people who would have been told it’s not exactly a scandal of Watergate proportions if word got out. I’d save your ire for the crass and classless statement the club put out about it. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

11 minutes ago, sandy said:

Ross Quaile, player sponsorship guy (a good one too) has been given his jotters. There will be others sadly 

It’s not a case of good guys and bad guys. I’m certain all these office staff sadly facing redundancy have been doing their hardest for the club

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

It’s not a case of good guys and bad guys. I’m certain all these office staff sadly facing redundancy have been doing their hardest for the club

On that we can finally agree. Goodnight Vienna.

Really sad news. Sure there was quite a fanfare at the start of last season about how sponsorship had been maintained at the same level as our last premiership season, and I’m sure this was in no small part down to Ross who was very highly thought of 

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Not sure how they can pay off the guy who does the Sponsorship and Hospitality, think Ross Quaile did a good job , not sure that’s a redundant job .

Tell him to see “ Just Employment Law “

Just saying 

36 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure how they can pay off the guy who does the Sponsorship and Hospitality, think Ross Quaile did a good job , not sure that’s a redundant job .

Tell him to see “ Just Employment Law “

Just saying 

I too thought he was excellent in the role, as I said previously I thought there had been a big rise in sponsorship and hospitality over the last couple of years, due in no small part to Ross

I’m surprised that people are surprised the club is having to make financial cuts.....I was surprised some didn’t happen last year when when relegation clearly meant a significant reduction in finances .....the club decided to not  do that but invest in getting promoted which failed and there are now obviously consequences....and in my view all that was a mistake 

if you want to point fingers then why and how we got relegated is the place to start.....relegation is the starting point for all this and I would have thought Beattie and Archie are better villains than low and Caldwell 

The process the club has started will reduce the number of roles whether for example Ross Quaile is appointed to any if these has yet to be decided he may well be.

im not sure what else people expect the club to do when relegation reduces our income by over £1m 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 8:08 AM, sandy said:

Unfortunately Norge, this is the conclusion at the moment. Finances for this season just ended must be in the red. 

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.

Yes funnily enough when you get relegated you income drops.....jesus

may e if you garnet defended Archie till the day he left we wouldn’t here 

I am almost convinced that the club is happy being a middling team at this level. We're the quickest every time to make huge cutbacks
and then trot out some poor wee us line to the supporters. **** all ambition as usual.

Any time we eventually go down there's wholesale cuts. Its following the same pattern as last time, downsizing the staff
closing areas of the ground, cost cutting with the youth teams, running with a smaller first team squad. Its just dressed in different ways.

God forbid we have to increase our infrastructure or spend any money to try and get promoted and maintain it.  Any successful business has to take risks once in a while. We give out a signal that we can't give up quick enough every time. See the next time we draw one of the old firm in the cup, 
just send out 10 players and give them the whole ground. 

Edited by Hankey

4 hours ago, sandy said:

That’s it then, defend the club to the hilt @javeajag. I tell you what, fans like @Norgethistle and @Jordanhill Jag know more of the truth.

So today the Club bin Ross Quaile, who has been a brilliant sponsorship & fundraising person. He persuaded me to put in nearly £2k into Thistle last Autumn as I wanted to support the Club after relegation.

No more this coming season, that revenue has gone. This Club we all love is going to the dogs; and I’m afraid the Board & Caldwell have to share the blame for Erskine, Dools, financial projections that were wrong, the closure of the Excellent Main Stand. 

We have flushed our Thistle legacy & uniqueness  down the toilet this season. This is not the Club I have followed for 20 years. 

So it’s over and out from me now. no doubt @Third Lanark and @jagfoxwill be over the moon. 

But I’ll be back when this regime has ended. I’ll be here when the 3 stooges have long gone. 

I think you’ll find I do criticise the club but not the incessant way you do.....I was critical of the decision not to get rid if Archie you the club loyalist wanted to keep him for ever .....Archie got us relegated these are the consequences 

Just now, Hankey said:

I am almost convinced that the club is happy being a middling team at this level. We're the quickest every time to make huge cutbacks
and then trot out some poor wee us line to the supporters. **** all ambition as usual.

Any time we eventually go down there's wholesale cuts. Its following the same pattern as last time, downsizing the staff
closing areas of the ground, cost cutting with the youth teams, running with a smaller first team squad. Its just dressed in different ways.

God forbid we have to increase our infrastructure or spend any money to try and get promoted and maintain it.  Any successful business has to take risks once in a while. We give out a signal that we've give up very quickly every time. See the next time we draw one of the old firm in the cup, 

We did that this season we invested the parachute payment to stay up, didn’t make any cuts .....it failed these are the consequences 

ireckin we are a business now with a revenue of at best £3m that’s all we have to spend 

20 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’m surprised that people are surprised the club is having to make financial cuts.....I was surprised some didn’t happen last year when when relegation clearly meant a significant reduction in finances .....the club decided to not  do that but invest in getting promoted which failed and there are now obviously consequences....and in my view all that was a mistake 

if you want to point fingers then why and how we got relegated is the place to start.....relegation is the starting point for all this and I would have thought Beattie and Archie are better villains than low and Caldwell 

The process the club has started will reduce the number of roles whether for example Ross Quaile is appointed to any if these has yet to be decided he may well be.

im not sure what else people expect the club to do when relegation reduces our income by over £1m 

I don’t think many people are surprised that we are making cuts - it is (especially when it is no reflection at all of the staff’s performance) sad but it happens.

But, again, the way it’s handled (in terms of that classless statement) is shoddy and reeks of insincerity, crassness and an inability to manage a process properly (I feel like a broken record on this, but I do feel strongly about it). To me there’s a pattern of that under this leadership that there wasn’t before. That isn’t to absolve the previous leadership of blame for relegation, but it’s to say these current issues are separate. 

16 minutes ago, Hankey said:

God forbid we have to increase our infrastructure or spend any money to try and get promoted and maintain it.  Any successful business has to take risks once in a while. We give out a signal that we can't give up quick enough every time. See the next time we draw one of the old firm in the cup, 

We are not the only team Dunfermline, ICT and Morton have also slashed the budget.

Edited by That 1 jags fan

3 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I don’t think many people are surprised that we are making cuts - it is (especially when it is no reflection at all of the staff’s performance) sad but it happens.

But, again, the way it’s handled (in terms of that classless statement) is shoddy and reeks of insincerity, crassness and an inability to manage a process properly (I feel like a broken record on this, but I do feel strongly about it). To me there’s a pattern of that under this leadership that there wasn’t before. That isn’t to absolve the previous leadership of blame for relegation, but it’s to say these current issues are separate. 

The current issues are a consequence of relegation 

I’m not sure about criticisms of the process which is in many ways legal