State of Play

Firhillista

So, where are we?

The chairman's incompetent, as are the board.

The Weirs putting money into the club is a bad thing because it'll eventually run out and then where'll we be?

But then the money's run out anyway as the Academy is closing and the training ground isn't going to happen (although that was probably just a lie to begin with).

So we'll probably be bankrupt and out of existence by next season.

Meanwhile the manager is a self-interested, deceitful individual who's got no feeling for the club whatsoever. Oh, and he's incompetent and the worst manager we've ever had.

Most of the players we've got are 'meh', apart from one or two who would be match winners only the manager won't play them enough.

Any players we plan to sign will be 'meh' too, especially any who are former Scottish internationals with a record of scoring goals throughout their careers - they'll not just be 'meh' they'll be a downright disaster.

The ground is shrinking, apparently, so it's now only got two sides.

But, on a more positive note, now that Game of Thrones has finished, I think we've found a perfect replacement, eh? Betrayal, disaster, despair and one or two dragons...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

So, where are we?

The Weirs putting money into the club is a bad thing because it'll eventually run out and then where'll we be?

But then the money's run out anyway as the Academy is closing and the training ground isn't going to happen (although that was probably just a lie to begin with).

Meanwhile the manager is a self-interested, deceitful individual who's got no feeling for the club whatsoever. Oh, and he's incompetent and the worst manager we've ever had.

Most of the players we've got are 'meh', apart from one or two who would be match winners only the manager won't play them enough.

Any players we plan to sign will be 'meh' too, especially any who are former Scottish internationals with a record of scoring goals throughout their careers - they'll not just be 'meh' they'll be a downright disaster.

But, on a more positive note, now that Game of Thrones has finished, I think we've found a perfect replacement, eh? Betrayal, disaster, despair and one or two dragons...

Dripping with sarcasm and although some over reaction, generally a good summary of what is happening. 

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

So, where are we?

Add to that office staff being made redundant today

17 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Add to that office staff being made redundant today

Does whoever is feeding you information think they can do a better job than the current chairman/chief executive?

And does your contact on the Motherwell coaching staff think they'd be a better manager than Caldwell? 

Just now, Dark Passenger said:

Does whoever is feeding you information think they can do a better job than the current chairman/chief executive?

And does your contact on the Motherwell coaching staff think they'd be a better manager than Caldwell? 

Folk are updating their LinkedIn stating they’ve been let go. So no one has fed me that.

38 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

You predicted last week that this would happen, so presumably you were fed that bit of info. Pretty poor that you knew before those affected.

Obviously this decision is coming from folk at the top,  so where must the rumors or snippets come from then?

Only once have I been in a situation at a company when news of redundancies have got out prior to the formal announcement. When EK Rolls-Royce closed the development (600 jobs) a senior manager was so irate at the decision he phoned the news channels.

We left nightshift at 7am to be met by the news crews asking us about the lay offs that were due to be announced at noon.

43 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

You predicted last week that this would happen, so presumably you were fed that bit of info. Pretty poor that you knew before those affected.

Some of us predicted it would happen about 9 months ago. But we were told we were wrong.

Billy Allan, David Beattie, Colin Weir et al must all wonder why they bothered giving their cash and time IF we end up back where we started. Despite divisions on this forum, I am sure no one wants that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Obviously this decision is coming from folk at the top,  so where must the rumors or snippets come from then?

You tell me. This is what you had to say previously:

This contradicts what I heard this morning regarding our finances, which I was informed will start to become apparent over next 2 weeks.

My source may be wrong...

Massive deficit for last season and jobs at risk...

16 minutes ago, jaf said:

Some of us predicted it would happen about 9 months ago. But we were told we were wrong.

Billy Allan, David Beattie, Colin Weir et al must all wonder why they bothered giving their cash and time IF we end up back where we started. Despite divisions on this forum, I am sure no one wants that.

This was very predictable, trying to run a Premier League operation on Championship money , posters on here were getting slaughtered on here for even suggesting it wasn’t viable.

Can’t really understand when there is accountants within the Club who are doing Budgets and projections that this could be allowed to happen.

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

This was very predictable, trying to run a Premier League operation on Championship money , posters on here were getting slaughtered on here for even suggesting it wasn’t viable.

Can’t really understand when there is accountants within the Club who are doing Budgets and projections that this could be allowed to happen.

There is projecting your shortfall and actually acting on it, finance guys can give their recommendations but it’s always the CEO or GM that acts on it or ignores it hoping for that postal order to finally turn up

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

There is projecting your shortfall and actually acting on it, finance guys can give their recommendations but it’s always the CEO or GM that acts on it or ignores it hoping for that postal order to finally turn up

That’s true, but everyone knew that the income streams would have been different after relegation, think they possibly gambled to get back to the Premier League at the first attempt on the back of the parachute payments