U-16s go free, scrapped ...

scotty

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

That’s all true , could we not just get a few extra stewards to check that u16s were as it says under 16 .

There are kids / people who are ripping it but now what it’s saying if any under 16s fancy watching a game as a one off game they’ve got to get a season ticket.

It’s kinda the same as making games all ticket with no pay at the gate , you find the stadiums half empty because people haven’t got the time to get tickets in advance or want the hassle in their busy lives . Do we really want to dissuade any future supporters from going to games ?

No I guess we shouldn't be discussing fans from not going to games but I don't think we are. No other club has such a scheme as we have had and this proposal isnt stopping them. They turn up, fill out a form and get in.

GB has said in his press release "we have reached the point where we do need to be able to keep track of those young fans who are in the stadium on a match day." So I suspect there have been issues such as the ones I mentioned earlier. We do as much as any club, and more than most, to encourage young fans. Perhaps that's a crime in itself, enticing kids to come and watch the tortuous mess we've been recently.

10 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

It's still free.

It still applies to walk ups.

It still applies to randoms.

They just need to fill a form.

More hyperbole.

Only if you register and want to sit in Family section.

Yes but it’ll cost you a fiver to get in

Yes they will also need to pay a fiver, and more than likely won’t fill in form or now go.

if they are under 12 the parents must fill the form in, 12-16 with parents consent.  Random or occasional  U16 fans won’t go through this “stress and hassle”  they’ll play Fortnite or FIFA instead of going to Firhill 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Yes they will also need to pay a fiver, and more than likely won’t fill in form or now go.

if they are under 12 the parents must fill the form in, 12-16 with parents consent.  Random or occasional  U16 fans won’t go through this “stress and hassle”  they’ll play Fortnite or FIFA instead of going to Firhill 

Think even the upselling in the Catering , programmes etc should also have been a consideration.

They’ll suffer as a consequence of this as well 

43 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

They can fill a form in and write John Smith if they want.

They can move anywhere in the stadium in reality.  Once you are in you are in.

Who would let their u12 go alone to football? Realistically.

14 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

They can fill a form in and write John Smith if they want.

They can move anywhere in the stadium in reality.  Once you are in you are in.

You need to register upfront for the free ST

Without the season ticket it costs a fiver

ST is only valid for JHS (Family Section) so can’t be used for JLS

Free walk ups no longer happen 

Lots of kids go to football themselves at 12 as they do cinema or go into town etc

Me and most of my mates started going to Firhill around that age (30 + years ago) and went on the supporters buses to away games. Football is way more sanitized now than it was then and a lot safer

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Lots of kids go to football themselves at 12 as they do cinema or go into town etc

Me and most of my mates started going to Firhill around that age (30 + years ago) and went on the supporters buses to away games. Football is way more sanitized now than it was then and a lot safer

And the sun used to shine all summer ....

16 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Free walk ups no longer happen

I suppose it depends on how you read this bit

Supporters under the age of 16 will continue to get free access to Ladbrokes Championship matches for the 2019/20 season, but they will require to be signed up for a free U16 season ticket to do so. There will be provision to sign up for a free season ticket before all matches at the Energy Check stadium at Firhill, but supporters will no longer be able to pick up a one-off free ticket ahead of kick off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

On the contrary I would be very surprised if there isn't many a parent who uses the kids free initiative like a most welcome free baby sitting service. "Here's a few quid to get yourself juice and a hot dog. Mind be home by...."

5 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Exactly - its creating yet more barriers to getting Youngsters to go to the Game - when we have an aging Fan Base and plenty of other options for Youngsters to spend there time doing -of all the things Thistle have to deal with and they see this as something to mess about with - couldn't make it up

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

On the contrary I would be very surprised if there isn't many a parent who uses the kids free initiative like a most welcome free baby sitting service. "Here's a few quid to get yourself juice and a hot dog. Mind be home by...."

Yip -and we want to encourage it 

7 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Free walk ups no longer happe

4 hours ago, scotty said:

I suppose it depends on how you read this bit

Supporters under the age of 16 will continue to get free access to Ladbrokes Championship matches for the 2019/20 season, but they will require to be signed up for a free U16 season ticket to do so. There will be provision to sign up for a free season ticket before all matches at the Energy Check stadium at Firhill, but supporters will no longer be able to pick up a one-off free ticket ahead of kick off.

Will we go on like this 'till there's no letters left?  :(

• Like 1