Ryan Edwards

Albert's Ghost

5 minutes ago, allyo said:

Good on him. If everyone at Thistle had his attitude we'd never have been relegated 

^^^^^^^^^^^

Edwards, Doolan, Erskine, Booth, Lawless, Elliott and Bannigan were/are people who care about the club.

Pity Archie continued with chancers like Osman, Barton, Dumbuya (the worst **** of the lot), Storey and McGinn. I'll exempt Sammon because although he never ever fitted he scored 10 goals. And you do not do that if you are a diddy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allyo said:

Good on him. If everyone at Thistle had his attitude we'd never have been relegated 

He was one of our regular players and was a big factor in us going down. Apart from a few games he contributed little in the way of goals or assists. 

He played more minutes that season than Doolan and Erskine combined in a season we ended up down by a point/ or a goal.

By the time Dools, Erskine and Spittal had hauled themselves up from the Firhill turf after the second leg vs Livingston wee Ryan was off as soon as possible. 

Good on him for his goal and Hearts competed well but were ulultimately undone due to defensive frailties.

I'd be surprised if he isn't moved on by Hearts if Levein is still around next season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jagfox said:

He was one of our regular players and was a big factor in us going down. Apart from a few games he contributed little in the way of goals or assists. 

Ridiculous statement whichever way you look at it.

Have a look at his record Jagfox and then you'll find that's nonsense. Apart from a few games?? Either take all games into consideration or none at all - you decide.

You're a good poster, but you've got this one wrong.

And for the avoidance of doubt, I don't want him to be still be at Firhill. I'm just made up that he's an ex-Jag who got to play in a Scottish Cup Final and scored.

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

^^^^^^^^^^^

Edwards, Doolan, Erskine, Booth, Lawless, Elliott and Bannigan were/are people who care about the club.

Pity Archie continued with chancers like Osman, Barton, Dumbuya (the worst **** of the lot), Storey and McGinn. I'll exempt Sammon because although he never ever fitted he scored 10 goals. And you do not do that if you are a diddy.

I see a McGinn has won player of the year with St Mirren however I can’t remember if there are 2 of the 3 brothers playing there

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Have a look at his record Jagfox and then you'll find that's nonsense. Apart from a few games?? Either take all games into consideration or none at all - you decide.

And for the avoidance of doubt, I don't want him to be still be at Firhill. I'm just made up that he's an ex-Jag who got to play in a Scottish Cup Final and scored.

Ryan scored more goals in his final season (including fine finishes against St Johnstone and Dundee and a vital winner against Hamilton), though strangely he  generally played better in his previous season, when he scored more rarely.

11 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

A ridiculous statement? Okay,  how many goals and assists did he provide overall then? Be very specific! 

At least I try and qualify my ridiculous statements like a lot of the posts you’ll read on the forum these days :hypocrite:

Ryan played regulat games but I was never convinced by him. Ran about a lot with the occasional productive game in terms of a goal or assist which was the point I was trying to get across. 

His game time with Hearts this season suggests that Levein probably agrees :happy3:

Good on him for scoring a cup final goal, something not many players achieve in their careers but clapping the crowd after a match doesn’t make you a good footballer in my eyes! 

Very fair Gary peebles tackle,  it's not all just about talent, it's also about attitude and application. There's always been and always will be good players who don't score often, don't get marked for "assists", aren't the most gifted in terms of skill and passing but are an asset to a team. Though I wasn't bothered that he left and I didn't see him as integral part of the club, I applaud his attitude and application and as @partickthedog says he made some fine contributions. Hope he enjoyed the day. 

6 hours ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

I think the thread has been lost... 

I don’t think anyone can question his effort & energy. 

He isn’t a great footballer.

if those with more talent put in the effort & energy he did, we would never have been relegated.

Fair summation?

Yeah, I think so.

I think in his final season with us he was unfortunate in that we had multiple injuries in midfield, including Osman, Bannigan, McCarthy and Welsh (I think) and Fraser. Ryan Edwards was left to run around compensating for Adam Barton, who was his polar opposite and not in a complimentary way.