BetFred Cup Draw

Fawlty Towers

14 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Happy with Clyde, call me old school but always like skelping them.  When do we find out the home/aways?  Hampden would be good as fond memories of 5-4 game where we beat a Queens Park side that was playing a now Champions League Final player.

I expect we'll play Hamilton away as they're top seeds

I may be wrong but the seedings might suggest that, as the second seed in the group, we play the top seed away. We play the 3rd ranked team (Airdrie) at home and the 4th (Clyde ) away and the lowest ranked at home (Queens)

That seems to be the way the rather strange 5 team sections work - at least it seems to be the case from past years.

1 hour ago, JeanieD said:

I may be wrong but the seedings might suggest that, as the second seed in the group, we play the top seed away. We play the 3rd ranked team (Airdrie) at home and the 4th (Clyde ) away and the lowest ranked at home (Queens)

That seems to be the way the rather strange 5 team sections work - at least it seems to be the case from past years.

If that is true that means both away games are at Hamilton! lol 

1 hour ago, JeanieD said:

I’m pretty certain that’s not the case. You’re right that we do play the top seed away.

However, the three unseeded teams are just that - unseeded. So as far as I’m aware it’s always the order they are drawn out that determines your home/away schedule.

So Airdrieonians came out first, we play them at home, then Queen’s Park came out so we’ll play them away, then finally Clyde who we will play at home.

That’s how it worked last season. As top seeds we played second seeds Morton at home, then of the unseeded teams Albion Rovers came out first so we played them away, then Ayr United came out so we had them at home, then finally Stenhousemuir, who we played away.

To clarify, I believe we should have:

Hamilton (A)

Airdrieonians (H)

Queen’s Park (A)

Clyde (H)

Not sure on the order and which matchday will be free for us. Will find out next week.

Edited by ThickAsThieves

On 5/28/2019 at 9:47 PM, ThickAsThieves said:

To clarify, I believe we should have:

Hamilton (A)

Airdrieonians (H)

Queen’s Park (A)

Clyde (H)

Not sure on the order and which matchday will be free for us. Will find out next week.

I was right!

Saturday 13 July: Airdrieonians (H)

Tuesday 16 July: Queen’s Park (A)

Saturday 20 July: Hamilton (A)

Wednesday 24 July: Clyde (H)  

32 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

Free Saturday on the 27th - a booze cruise away friendly down South would be grand.

Wouldn't it be an astonishing coincidence if one of the Gruesome Twosome happened to be playing a "Glamour Friendly" in Glasgow on that day!"

A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist!

Edited by CCjag
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...