Chairman’s Statement

javeajag

Well well well indeed.

Who would have expected such a comprehensive communication on the day the season tickets go on sale?

'Lessons have been learned and we will do better in the future.'

We all sincerely hope so, Jacqui.

Good luck to the Board, Management and Players in their preparations for the new season.

• Like 2

comprehensive statement, open and very honest.

Personal abuse is never acceptable nor is it any way go about expressing a grievance.  I think the abuser automatically loses the argument by default.

Sadly, it seems to come with the territory in football but I'm sure the Jaggy Intelligenceia will rise above that kind of behaviour.

Bring on the 2020 season - I can see, with perfect vision, that it will be a uniting one at Firhill as we progress, one game at a time, back to the Premiership (although that's clearly not a target that we'd discuss openly in public but I'm personally expecting 100 points to be bagged on the way) .

Thanks Jaqui, who do I speak to about my season ticket? :thumbsup2:

Very forthright and open. Apologies are welcome.  My only reservation is that a person who's profession is communications etc, she has been utterly appalling and admitting that she gave up the monthly updates because of abuse( which is unacceptable) is unprofessional.

If she wants to lead a football club, which for a supporter is all about emotion, she needs to form a hard skin to criticism. Otherwise step aside.

For me, the jury is out and will wait and see how she goes forward in running Partick Thistle FC.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Very forthright and open. Apologies are welcome.  My only reservation is that a person who's profession is communications etc, she has been utterly appalling and admitting that she gave up the monthly updates because of abuse( which is unacceptable) is unprofessional.

If she wants to lead a football club, which for a supporter is all about emotion, she needs to form a hard skin to criticism. Otherwise step aside.

For me, the jury is out and will wait and see how she goes forward in running Partick Thistle FC.

Totally agree GRE , her explanation re Kris Doolan is not what you would expect from the Chair of the Club and she should have guided Caldwell on this , unfortunately the damage has now been done and we can’t go back .

Re Chris Erskine, there seems to be a smugness within some supporters and PTFC management trying to justify Chris’s departure from the Club.

Chris Erskine has had a difficult start to his Livi career through injury and form so far but we shouldn’t forget the contribution he did for our Club .

11 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Abuse is 'unaccebtable', but 'professionals' just have to 'form a hard skin' or 'step aside'? Mixed messages much?

To say that the communication from the club this season has been 'utterly appalling' is a gross exageration, but entirely in line with the toxic criticism of some posters on here.

16 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Totally agree GRE , her explanation re Kris Doolan is not what you would expect from the Chair of the Club and she should have guided Caldwell on this , unfortunately the damage has now been done and we can’t go back .

Re Chris Erskine, there seems to be a smugness within some supporters and PTFC management trying to justify Chris’s departure from the Club.

Chris Erskine has had a difficult start to his Livi career through injury and form so far but we shouldn’t forget the contribution he did for our Club .

Chris Erskine is a legend to the club and always will be.

however we did not get value for money the last couple of years from him as a player even with the wage cut and can see why he was moved on

11 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

Abuse is 'unaccebtable', but 'professionals' just have to 'form a hard skin' or 'step aside'? Mixed messages much?

To say that the communication from the club this season has been 'utterly appalling' is a gross exageration, but entirely in line with the toxic criticism of some posters on here.

Where are there mixed messages?. Any abuse is unacceptable, but unfortunately, it happens and will keep happening. Regards professionalism, as I said, she should develop a hard skin to any abuse and criticism as she is in the chair. She shouldn't just skulk away in a dark corner and 'give up'. So I say, let's see how she performs in the coming months.

40 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Honest and thorough. Very welcome.

So the fact we got circa £300K from the Euro Payout  having been a Premier Club - just doesnt get a mention ? 

I would like to see a firm statement that the Club paid for the Tenerife Trip to quash runours that are flying about ? 

Im always interested in whats not said 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So the fact we got circa £300K from the Euro Payout  having been a Premier Club - just doesnt get a mention ? 

I would like to see a firm statement that the Club paid for the Tenerife Trip to quash runours that are flying about ? 

Why ?

Glad to see the statement.

Good content.

Apologise's welcome, hope the club learn from the mistakes.

Let's all get behind the club for the new season, things look a lot more promising today that they did 12 months ago.

Season tickets go on sale later today let's all get them early to provide more money fro the player budget.

23 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Fair questions. I felt we got some answers on some points that we hadn’t before.

Worth asking the Chairman directly, Jim?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Why ?

Because she stated there was no financial support from the Weirs and given that Posters who were passing on info onto the Forum that they had recieved via Private Message were stating it was paid for by the Weirs then a clear statement would quash any rumours   

Also the fact we got in excess of £300K from EUFA Money doesnt get a mention ?  

10 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Because she stated there was no financial support from the Weirs and given that Posters who were passing on info onto the Forum that they had recieved via Private Message were stating it was paid for by the Weirs then a clear statement would quash any rumours   

Also the fact we got in excess of £300K from EUFA Money doesnt get a mention ?  

She said the only support Colin weir gives the club is the academy so that’s clear unless she should also state the things he doesn’t financially support like the pies or grass seed ?! Unless someone can prove otherwise that’s that 

no comment on the ring fenced finance for the trading ground ? ! 

27 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

She also has a bit of a pop at people spreading misinformation about the club's finances. Anything to say about that?

Nope - As I've not spread "misinformation "  nor has she had a "pop" or alluded to anyone spreading misinformation - you just made that up - I've asked questions which as a Fan Im entitled to do ?  I dont have access to info on our current finances ?   This will only be clear at the Club AGM until then we dont know our financial position 

Im am however concerned about the amount of information that seems to be communicated via Direct Messages via Twitter according to some Posters - anything to say about that ? 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

25 minutes ago, javeajag said:

She said the only support Colin weir gives the club is the academy so that’s clear unless she should also state the things he doesn’t financially support like the pies or grass seed ?! Unless someone can prove otherwise that’s that 

no comment on the ring fenced finance for the trading ground ? ! 

Fine if thats whats said its now a public statement 

As for Training Ground - lets wait and see what is delivered - so far we are no further forward  than we were 9 Months ago  

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Fine if thats whats said its now a public statement 

As for Training Ground - lets wait and see what is delivered - so far we are no further forward  than we were 9 Months ago  

Well we have £5m ring fenced that’s different to 9 months ago