Chairman’s Statement

javeajag

13 minutes ago, allyo said:

I don't think there's a contradiction there. Criticism and abuse are very different things.

And what "stinks" about releasing communication on the same day that season tickets are on sale? If they are doing everything they can to sell season tickets, what is bad about that?

We dont know what the "abuse" was ? 

Just now, javeajag said:

Maybe she wasn’t trying to give the detailed financial analysis you want 

if your looking for conspiracies you will find them either way 

Im not looking forConspiracies - the bottom line is only part of the Monies we recieved were mentioned 

The statement regards Colin Weir was ambigous and its no clearer if or if he isnt funding us 

The Chairman is a PR Proffessional 

So we will see ......

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Im not looking forConspiracies - the bottom line is only part of the Monies we recieved were mentioned 

The statement regards Colin Weir was ambigous and its no clearer if or if he isnt funding us 

The Chairman is a PR Proffessional 

So we will see ......

We will 

The UEFA money is for youth development. I guess creative accountancy could be used to move that to other areas of the club but there is no evidence if this has been done or not. 

It's not the kind of thing which would be detailed in this statement. Do any other clubs specify this?

4 hours ago, allyo said:

Sorry, can't go along with the "fans are customers" argument. Football is very different from supermarket shopping.

Only in so far as we have an emotional connection to the club. That doesn’t give us any more rights. It maybe puts additional obligations on the management, though 

6 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Vive la revolution!

There is a chasm between saying that

(1) we as fans are entitled to be presented with the facts in sufficient detail before concluding whether the club is fairly and accurately representing how financially secure we are

And saying that

(2) we are calling for a complete and utter overthrow of the board.

Football clubs are different from other businesses, in that they exist first and foremost for the benefit of their customers and not for their shareholders. That is the justification often given for fan ownership.

If Tesco goes bust, people go to Asda. The same isn’t the case with football clubs. Their value is in the relationship they have with their fans, not the dividend they generate for their shareholders.

As fans, especially of a club that has a significant collective share of fan ownership, we are entitled (I would even say we are collectively obliged) to scrutinise key claims made about the underlying financial stability of our club. Arguably even more so when the board don’t have a financial stake in the success or otherwise of the club’s underlying finances.

• Like 2

However just like a supermarket, Partick Thistle FC is first and foremost a business. It therefore has responsibility to directors, shareholders and investors which make it totally inappropriate to discuss any financial details in a statement like this. Imagine if Tesco told their customers about their revenue streams before informing the Stock Exchange, there would be uproar and possibly legal implications.

If you want details of the revenue streams, goto the last audited accounts. They shouldn't be hard to find. 

As someone earlier said, short of giving a full list of everything that Partick Thistle FC have NOT done you will be looking for holes. That's fine, you have made your point, but it is not going to happen 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't really know what to make of the chairman's statement.  I'm wanting to believe everything but part of me just can't.

My wife read it yesterday and said "Are people really buying that sh1t?" Interesting question from somebody who has no affiliation with the club, and knows very little about what has gone on in the last 12 months.

32 minutes ago, Jag said:

Don't really know what to make of the chairman's statement.  I'm wanting to believe everything but part of me just can't.

My wife read it yesterday and said "Are people really buying that sh1t?" Interesting question from somebody who has no affiliation with the club, and knows very little about what has gone on in the last 12 months.

Are you married to GRE by any chance? :-)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

However just like a supermarket, Partick Thistle FC is first and foremost a business. It therefore has responsibility to directors, shareholders and investors which make it totally inappropriate to discuss any financial details in a statement like this. Imagine if Tesco told their customers about their revenue streams before informing the Stock Exchange, there would be uproar and possibly legal implications.

If you want details of the revenue streams, goto the last audited accounts. They shouldn't be hard to find. 

As someone earlier said, short of giving a full list of everything that Partick Thistle FC have NOT done you will be looking for holes. That's fine, you have made your point, but it is not going to happen 

Ok - The Chairman dedicated a large chunk of her State of the Nation address on Finances - she made statements - therefore she put it into the Public Domain for discussion - in those statements there was emphasise on the amount of Money we received from Relegation and the fact we don't have a Sugar Daddy 

I have pointed out that we received circa another £350K from EUFA Money which for some strange reason wasn't mentioned ? Also that her actual statement doesn't say Colin Weir doesn't Fund us in an ad hoc basis - therefore the reasonable question is why make a big play on both of these issues but only give out a version of information _ Im not "looking for holes" they are there - simple straightforward and I didn't make a big play trying to talk up how Financially astute the Board - so if they are going to make statements then its reasonable to ask questions  

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

There is an article in the business insider, posted on Linked in today that all 42 clubs in Scotland have been given a financial clean bill of health. 

I guess we must be hiding stuff from them too ?

That sounds to me like a whitewash,  There is definitely one club at least that is several million in debt, part of that a loan from Close Bros (who do really high interest rates) - a club that is the main reason the SFA have never introduced Financial Fair PLay rules into our football as they would fail completely.

53 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok - The Chairman dedicated a large chunk of her State of the Nation address on Finances - she made statements - therefore she put it into the Public Domain for discussion - in those statements there was emphasise on the amount of Money we received from Relegation and the fact we don't have a Sugar Daddy 

I have pointed out that we received circa another £350K from EUFA Money which for some strange reason wasn't mentioned ? Also that her actual statement doesn't say Colin Weir doesn't Fund us in an ad hoc basis - therefore the reasonable question is why make a big play on both of these issues but only give out a version of information _ Im not "looking for holes" they are there - simple straightforward and I didn't make a big play trying to talk up how Financially astute the Board - so if they are going to make statements then its reasonable to ask questions  

But you are not asking questions, at least not to anyone who can give you any answers. It just comes over as finding something else to moan about

As you appear to have some sort of grievance and would presumably like it resolved, can I politely suggest that you direct your questions to someone who can give you answers. The clubs email contacts are easy to find

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But you are not asking questions, at least not to anyone who can give you any answers. It just comes over as finding something else to moan about

As you appear to have some sort of grievance and would presumably like it resolved, can I politely suggest that you direct your questions to someone who can give you answers. The clubs email contacts are easy to find

They dont seem to answer e-mails at Partick Thistle FC. And now with less staff????