Chairman’s Statement

javeajag

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Ryan Mcann and Scott Allison put names forward but it was budget restricted 

Seems crazy when budget constrained to have a “transitioning” coach to look after 3 players (who may end up out on loan). 

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

I would think so that the manager has got the funds for players to play in our first team straight away ?

Are we talking about the period between the end of the transfer window and May ? That probably makes sense in case we needed someone to come in.

What about giving the 3 contracts just recently, though - who decided that ?

4 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Are we talking about the period between the end of the transfer window and May ? That probably makes sense in case we needed someone to come in.

What about giving the 3 contracts just recently, though - who decided that ?

Think Caldwell probably went on the recommendations of Ryan McCann and Scott Allison, in the case of Luke Scullion he’s only 16 and think he’s more of a back up keeper since we let Aaron Lennox go and probably not sure what’s happening with Cammy Bell 

15 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I havent made any allegation - I've pointed out that the Chairman's statement leaves it nice and vague for the option of ad hoc funding-  which to the best of my knowledge has occurred over a period of time for things like refurbishments of certain parts of the Stadium  - Players Trips of various Guises - etc  

The Ad Hoc Funding  is important because its not reflected in our Revenue Generated by the Club - its a gift and thats not a good way to Finance a Small Football Club no matter how well intention ed - it also would mask if we weren't generating enough cash in day to day business 

However the examples that have been given of where the Weirs might have provided funding are all one off events which are outside of the day to day business. If as suggested that he funded the players trip, what would have happened if he hadn't ? We wouldn't have gone. Same for SAS gate. These things are not budgeted for and therefore not in any way putting at risk the day to day. To me, the statement is quite clear that the board set a budget which is within our means ....

"Our finances are now structured on a rolling two year basis (with a view to extending that to three years) so that we know exactly what we can spend in year, without compromising the Club’s viability for the following year. As the season ended, we came in on budget without depleting our reserves"

What part of the above is not clear ? 

And while we are at it, I have not seen you (or anyone else) commenting on this from yesterday .....

"The Club would like to thank all users of the WeAreThistle Forum and, in particular, Phil Bowen for their fundraising efforts this season. In total forum users have raised £2613 through the Pay as We Score fundraiser and player sponsorship."

Firstly Phil :clapping::clapping::clapping:

But what sort of way is it for a club to rely on the generosity and hard work of the supporters to provide additional finance. What a terrible state of affairs and it must be returned or we are in danger of administration. Or is this somehow different to what you were complaining about ?

And while we are there, I might take you more seriously if you were willing to do something about it, but WTF difference do you expect consistent moans on here will do ? What are we, as forum readers supposed to do ? If you think there is something that needs sorting speak to the club rather than bombarding us with FAKE NEWS.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I havent made any allegation - I've pointed out that the Chairman's statement leaves it nice and vague for the option of ad hoc funding-  which to the best of my knowledge has occurred over a period of time for things like refurbishments of certain parts of the Stadium  - Players Trips of various Guises - etc  

The Ad Hoc Funding  is important because its not reflected in our Revenue Generated by the Club - its a gift and thats not a good way to Finance a Small Football Club no matter how well intention ed - it also would mask if we weren't generating enough cash in day to day business 

14 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

So, the adhoc funding that you believe has happened. What sort of value is it ? I think that as you are complaining that the chairman is being vague, you should be explicit. Don’t you ?

There are no issues with ad hoc funding if it is for a specific one off purpose.

Where it becomes an issue is where it is being given for an ongoing purpose ie, a wage or a monthly outgoing. The issue being that if the club is committed to a monthly payment and for whatever reason, the ad hoc funding is pulled but as a club we are legally required to keep paying but have no income to cover it.

If it's a one off why would you get so agitated jordanhill. This is a none issue and once again I am left wondering what your real motivation is.

1 minute ago, Thistleberight said:

Where it becomes an issue is where it is being given for an ongoing purpose ie, a wage or a monthly outgoing. The issue being that if the club is committed to a monthly payment and for whatever reason, the ad hoc funding is pulled but as a club we are legally required to keep paying but have no income to cover it.

And there's no suggestion, from anyone other than Mr ITK, that *might* be the case.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Think Caldwell probably went on the recommendations of Ryan McCann and Scott Allison, in the case of Luke Scullion he’s only 16 and think he’s more of a back up keeper since we let Aaron Lennox go and probably not sure what’s happening with Cammy Bell 

That’s what I mean. Because he doesn’t go to see them often,he trusts the academy staff to give him a steer.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:46 PM, jlsarmy said:

Believe me , there was very little interest from Gary Caldwell re the 18s and the reserves , not sure if that was because of the situation we were in , the contracts were very limited because of budgets or possibly some of the other 18s might have stepped up .

In fairness I think Andy Rudden has got a chance of being involved with the First Team from what I’ve seen .

Is Andy any relation to the Zak Rudden at rangers?

On 6/5/2019 at 9:41 AM, Thistleberight said:

There are no issues with ad hoc funding if it is for a specific one off purpose.

If it's a one off why would you get so agitated jordanhill. This is a none issue and once again I am left wondering what your real motivation is.

We dont know - which is the whole point and problem with "funding" outwith revenue ? 

Nor do we know its purpose - so if its such a non issue - why not declare it ? 

Or...if it's such a non-issue...why declare it...there is absolutely nothing to suggest and there's been nothing posted on here to suggest that there is ad hoc funding which is critical or even required for the essential running of the club...a complete non-issue as far as im concerned unless anyone can declare evidence yo the contrary and you'd think after 10 pages someone might have by now!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We dont know - which is the whole point and problem with "funding" outwith revenue ? 

Nor do we know its purpose - so if its such a non issue - why not declare it ? 

You are becoming even more tiresome than usual. Perhaps a holiday is in order. 

You are calling it funding, surely it is only an issue if it is ongoing funding for a recurring cost. ie, colin weir was having to prop us up if we couldn't pay for electricity, or pay players wages. He's not -fact.

As I said previously if colin weir is paying for training camps SAS camps etc then what is the harm and why do YOU need to know.

Lastly, why not contact GB or jlow directly. They are always telling us how approachable they are, by e mail if you are too shy to rock up in person, ask your question and let us all know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 6:26 AM, jlsarmy said:

Ryan Mcann and Scott Allison put names forward but it was budget restricted 

I followed 18s / reserve side most weeks while on sick leave from work , I couldn’t bloody wait to go back to work 12hr nightshifts , how any got a contract is mind blowing 

4 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

I followed 18s / reserve side most weeks while on sick leave from work , I couldn’t bloody wait to go back to work 12hr nightshifts , how any got a contract is mind blowing 

The under 18 team did well last year , the reserve team was an absolute shambles .

• Like 1