Maryhill Juniors

east end jag

Surprised it hasn't folded by now. Been going downhill for years, I spend a lot of time there when the Jags are not at home (sometimes when the Jags ARE at home and I've had enough of the manager/board etc). All the signs of mismanagement and neglect, should be a community resource, but isn't really. 

Possibly kept alive this year as they were ground sharing with the Bankies and derived some income form that presumably - not that long ago (or so it seems) they were giving Pollok a run for their money, and had a few players in the Scotland squad.  Some Saturdays more people on the park than on the terracing, desperate standard of football nowadays, big problem for years with discipline.

IIRC there was an intention so sell if for flats a while back, but the property market plummeted and they couldnt shift it.

Not sure it would be much cop as a training ground, it's a bog even in summer - a couple of years ago there was a match rained off in August! And doesn't seem to have seen a roller for decades, I know the Bankies are glad to be out of it - couldn't play decent football on the surface.  Could re-surface possibly with astro.

Very sad loss if it goes that way.

• 1 month later...