Vaguely Jaggy Factoids

Jaggernaut

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Did we not once play adjacent to Balshagray Dr? Can just imagine our nickname if we were still there.

Did we not play in a field that was once a strawberry field?   I think it was adjacent to the cricket ground where the early Scotland V England international games were played?

8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Really utter pish? I just saw the highlights, so they are selective, but it looked like we had some really nice attacking play. The central defence seemed to have too many gaps for comfort, but I would expect the manager to get that sorted.

Anyway, here's hoping the women can get a great result this evening.

As you say highlights don't show the full picture 

4 hours ago, allyo said:

I didn't think it was too bad.

SOD's near miss would have been so similar to his legendary goal against Dunfermline.

There was no flow to our game, especially first half anyway. They played a pressing game and for part timers were very fit. Enjoyed way too much possession and were worth a goal. We did enough to win imo, but no need to celebrate mildly. We were disciplined for most of the game, dare I say it for fear of challenge, Robertson was very quiet up to his goal, didnt get forward so much in the first half, macgregor and Forrest looked like they need a holiday/rest. Was good to get to a competitive match though, first since QoS.

4 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Did we not play in a field that was once a strawberry field?   I think it was adjacent to the cricket ground where the early Scotland V England international games were played?

Did we not play on the site of the thornwood wood roundabout, or am I making sh1t up again 

29 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

There was no flow to our game, especially first half anyway. They played a pressing game and for part timers were very fit. Enjoyed way too much possession and were worth a goal. We did enough to win imo, but no need to celebrate mildly. We were disciplined for most of the game, dare I say it for fear of challenge, Robertson was very quiet up to his goal, didnt get forward so much in the first half, macgregor and Forrest looked like they need a holiday/rest. Was good to get to a competitive match though, first since QoS.

Aye, it wasn't great but I quite enjoyed it. I'll take an 89th minute winner any day.

Are they part timers? I just assumed Cyprus team would be full of full time professionals. Maybe we were worse than I thought. :)

38 minutes ago, allyo said:

Aye, it wasn't great but I quite enjoyed it. I'll take an 89th minute winner any day.

Are they part timers? I just assumed Cyprus team would be full of full time professionals. Maybe we were worse than I thought. :)

You're right. Professional full and part time clubs. Not the backwater I was happy to believe they are. Perhaps it's us that are the backwater country and I should be heartily celebrating victory

16 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Who is Spanish. And plies his trade in Norway's second division. 

He’s playing very well over here, became a fans favorite at Sandnes ULF with his performance on the park and his conduct of it, and is tipped to move to a bigger club in the tippeleage next season if Sandnes don’t come up

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Yes.   

On 8 August 1883 Athletic News reported that Thistle were soon to take possession of their new ground (Inchview) and that it was currently a strawberry and tea garden.

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

Yes.   

On 8 August 1883 Athletic News reported that Thistle were soon to take possession of their new ground (Inchview) and that it was currently a strawberry and tea garden.

The romantic in me loves the thought that once upon a time in Partick we had a strawberry and tea garden area

2 hours ago, Big Dan said:

I remember asking John Lambie what he thought of our pink and grey hooped effort. His language was much more colourful than usual.

Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Scotland (football and rugby), Leicester City, Everton, Newcastle, QPR, Sunderland, Celtic, Hearts.

And Partick Thistle (first?)