Chief Scout Appointed

Fawlty Towers

I mind up at Inverness when Butcher & to a lesser degree, Malpas, we're getting all the credit it was more down to a third fella, their chief scout (can't mind the name) who was coming up with a good few real players. Ok one of them might have been Miles Storey but even he did the biz.

Anyway it would be a real bonus if the unheard of signings we make are not just wild stab in the darks as Archie was too guilty of and Caldwell hasn't even attempted yet. This should then be seen as a positive move and tho' it can be seen as eating into the playing budget, quality should always come before quantity.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I mind up at Inverness when Butcher & to a lesser degree, Malpas, we're getting all the credit it was more down to a third fella, their chief scout (can't mind the name) who was coming up with a good few real players.

Steve Marsella - now chief scout at Kilmarnock apparently. 

• Like 1

Journalist Euan Booth Robertson on Twitter this afternoon:

"Partick Thistle have held talks with Michael Tidser about joining the club.

The midfielder signed a pre-contract with Falkirk but had an option to void if they got relegated, which they did.

Understand he met with Gary Caldwell on Wednesday."

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

Journalist Euan Booth Robertson on Twitter this afternoon:

"Partick Thistle have held talks with Michael Tidser about joining the club.

The midfielder signed a pre-contract with Falkirk but had an option to void if they got relegated, which they did.

Understand he met with Gary Caldwell on Wednesday."

Maybe Tam O'Ware can have a word in his ear.

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Give it a rest.

Exactly - there's been too much sniping towards fellow posters going on round here lately.

In the meantime, several of the valid concerns raised about the conduct of the Board, regarding many aspects  of the club's operations, continue to remain a mystery to us mere customers.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Tidser after we got promoted, aye, he was solid that season and a stand out against us but not now, where does he fit in with Banzo, Gordon, Slater and (Harkins) . Hope I’m proved wrong but I think his best years are behind him. 

Hes only 29. I think he would be a solid signing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Hes only 29. I think he would be a solid signing.

Think he's just had a decent enough season and might well be a good signing. Age would be a concern tho' when you look at the overall age of the squad. Offsetting that by bringing in young loaners won't help the sustainability aspect and we're supposedly interested in Boyd.

Hard to directly compare a player who we've only seen a few times, but Tidser seems quite similar to what we've got already at CM - and especially to Bannigan.

I'd be worried that signing him would take us to 5 CM's (6 if you include Wilson) whose roles are all fairly similar. This would again leave us without a defensive-minded CM, which we've sorely lacked since Osman decided he wanted to be a hat salesman instead of a footballer.

• Like 1

Worth a read. An article on Huchison Vale and how so many of their players have gone on to playing football at a high level [our manager included].

Also shows, IMO, why Hibernian have produced notably high numbers of 'home grown talent' through an association with HV 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17691770.how-hutchison-vale-are-bucking-a-trend-and/

17 minutes ago, Roque said:

Hard to directly compare a player who we've only seen a few times, but Tidser seems quite similar to what we've got already at CM - and especially to Bannigan.

I'd be worried that signing him would take us to 5 CM's (6 if you include Wilson) whose roles are all fairly similar. This would again leave us without a defensive-minded CM, which we've sorely lacked since Osman decided he wanted to be a hat salesman instead of a footballer.

I think he would be more productive than Bannigan.