Pre Season

The Gaffer advised at the Supporters meeting that we would be the first team in Scotland to start our pre season.

When do we start, from what I gather most teams are starting next week ?

I also think his plan was to have 3 new players for pre season.

We have Ryan Williamson, good signing but.

Next few days should be interesting.

Anyone got any info ?????

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paukea said:

pre Season starts tomorrow with all the players in for initial testing 

31 days till our first game , hardly a 7 week pre season ? one new first team signing Ryan Williamson from last year , no forwards, one first team goalkeeper, 

Interesting times 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

31 days till our first game , hardly a 7 week pre season ? one new first team signing Ryan Williamson from last year , no forwards, one first team goalkeeper, 

Interesting times 

He’s obviously meaning 7 weeks until first Championship game which is August 3rd..Bet Fred games must be part of pre season..Also slightly concerned on lack of strikers..I believe Lewis Mansell will be announced tomorrow  

17 minutes ago, Paukea said:

He’s obviously meaning 7 weeks until first Championship game which is August 3rd..Bet Fred games must be part of pre season..Also slightly concerned on lack of strikers..I believe Lewis Mansell will be announced tomorrow  

Does that mean we’re treating the League Cup games as training exercises ? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Does that mean we’re treating the League Cup games as training exercises ? 

It means we are doing what we, and all the other clubs involved in the group games, normally do. Given how early the group games start there still has to be an element of pre season about them hence why no other club has been back for a week or two at this stage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

It means we are doing what we, and all the other clubs involved in the group games, normally do. Given how early the group games start there still has to be an element of pre season about them hence why no other club has been back for a week or two at this stage.

Since the league cup brought back the league format it's felt like pre season games. It's inevitable that this will be the case due to how early they are.

Last season AA welcomed them as they are competative rather than meaningless games designed only to provide match fitness. I cant wait till it starts.

20 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Get that but the Club are still pushing the Hospitality for the games at between £50 - £70 for what are realistically pre season training games .

I used to love the highlands tours if yesteryear. Used to get to visit family at the same time. Then usually a game v English opposition. I saw the mighty Steve Bull at least once at firhill,  great player.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...