Cammy Bell freed

stuart_adam

Phew. I was quite happy when he signed and was surprised he was nothing special, very poor for us in fact. All the best to him of course but can't think of anything to thank him for.

I suspect he would have been on a good wage as well which frees up some salary?

Anyone know what the story is about his final year, on his contract. Would we have had to pay him off?

Edited by Guest

Good news, aye, but no idea how much it cost us. Guessing Bell didn't come cheap. And with that in mind might well have been our worst signing of recent years.

ETA posts crossed, Thistlebright. I suspect someone like Bell who's been around will have had a decent contract (for him)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

13 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I dont remember myself being delighted.

Most people were pleased enough and thought he was a good/solid signing; you seemed to be too.....

"Not the best goalkeeper in the world. But for a Championship side and what we can afford it is a good signing. "  

13th June 2018.

49 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What new striker coming ? Have I missed some news ?

Graeme McGarry of the Evening Times on Twitter:

"Cammy Bell departs Partick Thistle by mutual consent in the least surprising news of the summer. May be movement soon in regards to a striker coming into Firhill too."

About Mansell:

"He's certainly one that is a real possibility. "

1 hour ago, Vinnyjag said:

Think new striker coming in will be Lewis Mansell 

Hopefully Caldwell has a few aces up his sleeve because good game that Mansell had last game of the season he’s not going to score 15 goals a season. Think Gary is probably onto his 3rd interview to assess the character of potential signings ,so hopefully shouldn’t be too long till new signings are announced .

1 hour ago, jaf said:

Most people were pleased enough and thought he was a good/solid signing; you seemed to be too.....

"Not the best goalkeeper in the world. But for a Championship side and what we can afford it is a good signing. "  

13th June 2018.

Are you Andrew Marr?