Fixtures out this coming Friday

9 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Has the nonsensical BBC Scotland Friday night coverage been discontinued?

This is money down the drain and a pain in the neck for fans.

I don’t care what sequence the games fall but I wish for every game to kick off at 15.00 on a Saturday!

I believe its still on for this season. I don't mind the Friday night games when we are not involved

2 hours ago, p12tfc said:

I believe its still on for this season. I don't mind the Friday night games when we are not involved

Definitely still on, up to 20 games according to here - https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-secures-ground-breaking-broadcast-deals

• Existing BBC Scotland television highlights and live radio packages have been renewed for five seasons from 2020, as well as up to 20 live Ladbrokes Championship matches per season for 2018/19 and 2019/20

6 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Very nasty finish: Caley, Pars and Dundee.

With our new management team and players the league will be won long before the last 3 games.  

Just renewed 2 season tickets, was really looking forward to the new season and now this.  With no denial from the club I assume it is all true. Is Caldwell still the manager, does anyone know.

Tuesday games are almost nonsensical in my opinion, Fridays evening games (IMO) are okay as long as the opposition is local.

A Tuesday night games against a Dundee team and a QoS team really need to be justified by the league ... or if they cant justify, then a reasonable explanation as to why they feel the need to impose this on both home and away fans.

55 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Tuesday games are almost nonsensical in my opinion, Fridays evening games (IMO) are okay as long as the opposition is local.

A Tuesday night games against a Dundee team and a QoS team really need to be justified by the league ... or if they cant justify, then a reasonable explanation as to why they feel the need to impose this on both home and away fans.

Common sense and Scottish football. Words that have never been used together.

17 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

True …. but looking through the list. I feel we have a better chance of at least a top 4 position this year when compared to last, so cause for optimism perhaps?

From January this year, we had good performances and results. So yes cause for optimism. Lets hope we haven't lost that come September/October.

3 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

From January this year, we had good performances and results. So yes cause for optimism. Lets hope we haven't lost that come September/October.

Bit more pragmatic than yourself AJ , absolutely very little goals in the team with the loss of Dools , Macdonald and Spittal , all these players have got to be replaced with players of a similar standard.

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I can't see that it is too early to say that most would have preferred, for example, Arbroath, Alloa and Morton.

People said that about Alloa and Ayr last season and very few would have  had us going into the last game needing at least a point to avoid the relegation playoff spot.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Bit more pragmatic than yourself AJ , absolutely very little goals in the team with the loss of Dools , Macdonald and Spittal , all these players have got to be replaced with players of a similar standard.

No doubt we need new players who can score goals. I would never downplay what Doolan did for Thistle but last year by his very high standards he only scored 6 league goals, 3 in the second half of the season. Spittal  scored 8 goals and only 2 were in the second half. We need somebody like Macdonald who scored 7 in 13 games.