Liam Lindsay

stuart_adam

2 minutes ago, stuart_adam said:

Looks like Liam is getting a move, £2mil+ bid accepted by Barnsley from Stoke. Rumour is we stand to earn at least another £250k from it.  Nice little earner when we need it. 

Good luck to Liam, personally think he will go on to play at an even higher level.

Ehhmmmm Stuart.

Have you not been reading the forum this afternoon??

Edited by Barney Rubble

I've seen several mentions of how much we might get from this transfer on forums and news feeds. £375k, £250k, 17.5%, £175k in this mornings press. Anyone have any idea the true figure? Was there any mention from when he first left us what sell on was included in his contract?

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:51 PM, Thistleberight said:

I've seen several mentions of how much we might get from this transfer on forums and news feeds. £375k, £250k, 17.5%, £175k in this mornings press. Anyone have any idea the true figure? Was there any mention from when he first left us what sell on was included in his contract?

Based on absolutely nothing but my recollection from the time, 15% sticks in my mind, but I could be completely wrong.

Just announced on twitter that he has signed for stoke for an undisclosed fee !

Edited to add on twitter Barnsley fans seem to think he should go for more than 5m, 2-3m seems to be the more realistic figure being quoted.

15% sell on of 3m would be useful

Edited by jaggymct

20 minutes ago, allyo said:

Imagine how you'd feel if all that money was just going into the pocket of a billionaire consortium.

It goes to the club first so you should be happy .... but considering the current board pissed close to a million up against  the wall last  season be careful what you don’t wish for 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It goes to the club first so you should be happy .... but considering the current board pissed close to a million up against  the wall last  season be careful what you don’t wish for 

I think Caldwell spent his money in January pretty well? If a part of the money could be used to get Rudden, Oli Shaw, Scott Wright etc then it would be really useful, or to try and purchase Shankland 

if the money is just going straight to the consortium then it only benefits the consortium unfortunately 

22 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Putting aside the add ons and whether we've done alright for a moment. On the assumption Lindsay's been sold for at least £2m it's a fair old feather in the cap for the academy. This alone in PR can only help quality recruitment within the academy.

...or attract outside investors/ owners? 

53 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I think Caldwell spent his money in January pretty well? If a part of the money could be used to get Rudden, Oli Shaw, Scott Wright etc then it would be really useful, or to try and purchase Shankland 

if the money is just going straight to the consortium then it only benefits the consortium unfortunately 

On what planet do you think Lawrence Shankland would sign for us?

Edited by KemoAvdiu

31 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

On what planet do you think Lawrence Shankland would sign for us?

Why not , no transfer fee involved , if we’re going by what our Club have been saying and the ambitions they have , Lawrence Shankland is exactly the type of player we should be interested in , instead we’ve been linked with a player who is almost 40 yrs old . Pretty sure Kenny Miler isn’t coming to Firhill for £500/600 per week .

If you need a catalyst to show we mean business on the park , Shankland would be an amazing marker for that and possibly entice more players to join us .

Rather than push the boat out for Kenny Miller whose best days are behind him , invest in a player who might help you match your ambitions and who might have some value during his contract.

• Like 1