Liam Lindsay

stuart_adam

5 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Why not , no transfer fee involved , if we’re going by what our Club have been saying and the ambitions they have , Lawrence Shankland is exactly the type of player we should be interested in , instead we’ve been linked with a player who is almost 40 yrs old . Pretty sure Kenny Miler isn’t coming to Firhill for £500/600 per week .

If you need a catalyst to show we mean business on the park , Shankland would be an amazing marker for that and possibly entice more players to join us .

Rather than push the boat out for Kenny Miller whose best days are behind him , invest in a player who might help you match your ambitions and who might have some value during his contract.

It's not about us being interested in Shankland, I am absolutely certain that we would be. More why on earth would he be interested in Thistle (in their current situation).

16 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Why not , no transfer fee involved , if we’re going by what our Club have been saying and the ambitions they have , Lawrence Shankland is exactly the type of player we should be interested in , instead we’ve been linked with a player who is almost 40 yrs old . Pretty sure Kenny Miler isn’t coming to Firhill for £500/600 per week .

If you need a catalyst to show we mean business on the park , Shankland would be an amazing marker for that and possibly entice more players to join us .

Rather than push the boat out for Kenny Miller whose best days are behind him , invest in a player who might help you match your ambitions and who might have some value during his contract.

Shankland is wanted by top clubs in the Scottish Premiership and huge clubs in England like Sunderland. He isn’t going to stay in the Scottish Championship. 

I don’t think our choice is between unrealistic targets like Shankland and past-it veterans like Miller. 

8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It's not about us being interested in Shankland, I am absolutely certain that we would be. More why on earth would he be interested in Thistle (in their current situation).

I’m pretty sure our Club is a step up from Ayr United, even though we didn’t show it last year .

If it was sold properly about our ambitions etc , build the team around him , decent salary , won’t stand in your way if a bigger team came in etc .

I don’t see Shankland getting a championship team down South, so we’re possibly competing with your Motherwells and St Johnstones

If we’re going to show any ambition at all , we should be looking at a Shankland type signing rather than look at strikers in the 9th tier of English football.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I’m pretty sure our Club is a step up from Ayr United, even though we didn’t show it last year .

If it was sold properly about our ambitions etc , build the team around him , decent salary , won’t stand in your way if a bigger team came in etc .

I don’t see Shankland getting a championship team down South, so we’re possibly competing with your Motherwells and St Johnstones

If we’re going to show any ambition at all , we should be looking at a Shankland type signing rather than look at strikers in the 9th tier of English football.

So what you’re saying is we are competing with teams who usually finish in the top 6, who have both recently played European football, and who have much more money than us? 

And again. The choice isn’t between unrealistic names like Shankland and guys from the 9th tier. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

Just now, KemoAvdiu said:

So what you’re saying is we are competing with teams who usually finish in the top 6, who have both recently played European football, and who have much more money than us? 

Motherwell and St Johnstone didn’t finish in the top 6 , they’ve got no European Football 

Do I think it’s going to happen, 

No , but we’re not really showing a great deal of ambition to try and get back to the Premier League.

39 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Well said  as well as the Lindsay money was there not talk that only a third of the budget for January, add that in etc and I’d like to see the club at least make an offer - all he can do is say no

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Motherwell and St Johnstone didn’t finish in the top 6 , they’ve got no European Football 

Do I think it’s going to happen, 

No , but we’re not really showing a great deal of ambition to try and get back to the Premier League.

I said they usually finish top 6 and have recently played European football. There’s a difference between showing ambition and chucking out the names of people we have absolutely zero chance of signing. 

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Well said  as well as the Lindsay money was there not talk that only a third of the budget for January, add that in etc and I’d like to see the club at least make an offer - all he can do is say no

Which I think he did last year. When we were probably a more appealing option than now, and before his reputation had grown even more. 

8 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I said they usually finish top 6 and have recently played European football. There’s a difference between showing ambition and chucking out the names of people we have absolutely zero chance of signing. 

We have zero chance of signing Lawrence Shankland, think Dundee Utd are in the frame , Sunderland are in the midst of being taken over or I’m pretty sure he would have been down there already.

Mccall is on record in saying Shankland wants go to a team where he plays every week .

But we should be looking at players who are on the up and ambitious, not players coming to the end of their careers .

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

We have zero chance of signing Lawrence Shankland, think Dundee Utd are in the frame , Sunderland are in the midst of being taken over or I’m pretty sure he would have been down there already.

Mccall is on record in saying Shankland wants go to a team where he plays every week .

But we should be looking at players who are on the up and ambitious, not players coming to the end of their careers .

Shankland is only in his mid 20s? Plenty of years ahead of him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duck snort said:

According to reports a couple of weeks ago Shankland had narrowed it down to Hearts or Sunderland, although Dundee United are being mentioned now too.

I had heard Dundee Utd have offered him a contract but that he may see his future elsewhere. Also heard that his diet is not what you would expect of a modern day professional.

9 hours ago, mad-jag said:

Which I think he did last year. When we were probably a more appealing option than now, and before his reputation had grown even more. 

I don’t think his reputation grew in the 2nd part of the year. He was injured for a fair bit of it. I may be wrong but he wasn’t nearly as prolific as in the 1st half of the season.

14 hours ago, Big Dan said:

I had heard Dundee Utd have offered him a contract but that he may see his future elsewhere. Also heard that his diet is not what you would expect of a modern day professional.

Always a danger of signing a player till he's had something of a pre season. I know that Ayr fans weren't over enthused about the lad since the turn of the year. He'll have to be fitter to play at the level he aspires to. 

• 3 months later...

Beginning to think we must have inserted a 1m sell on clause if Liam gets a Scotland call up going by this week.  Firstly Liam Cooper pulls out of squad and is replaced by Stuart Findlay of Kilmarnock and today after Grant Hanley pulls out we draught in 28yr old Declan Gallagher of Motherwell as his replacement.  Can’t see the lad ever getting a call up.