Kit 2019-2020

That 1 jags fan

10 minutes ago, allyo said:

It would be sad if our inclusive new strip resulted in yet another online battle

Hear, Hear to that.   I don't think either strip is a good enough design for me to put my hand in my pocket and buy either of them, but I do hope they sell well. 

On a more positive note ..... Joe Cardle must be highly chuffed at the away strip publicity, his photo is everywhere!!

Really like the away strip and its one that I'll be purchasing asap.

Not so keen on the home strip and in particular the red patches under the arms altough it might grow on me.

Its struck me that the away top has the collar of the 18/19 strips and in general is using the template of the 18/19 shirts whereas the the new home strip is in the Joma 19/20 template as per St Mirrens top.

Perhaps that means we've been working on the away top for a while?

I don't really think there is as much negative publicity as some people are making out. Some of the comments (on the comments) on Twitter are a bit OTT. Anybody who isn't keen on the strip is being classed as homophobic and people seem to be intent on creating agendas.

I love the home strip, it is plain and similar to the one of 1971 and I kinda like the away strip.  I'm always in favour of a white away kit and most of my favourites over the years have been white. My only issue is that I just don't think the red, yellow and black trim matches the rainbow. I would have just liked to have seen one or the other. All rainbow trim would have looked great.

One positive is it is great marketing and I can't see an issue with that.  It creates publicity for the club and TTL will sell a lot of kits to non Thistle fans. I seem to remember Greaves saying that the Pink and Grey Puma away top outsold the Spain strip the week they won the Euros in 2008. 

19 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Can't argue with that.

Typical, you're not even trying.  That's the sort of attitude that....etc.

18 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Whatcha mean by that funnybaws

Something something something inflammatory remark, baseless accusation, vague interpretation.  You got a problem with that?

2 hours ago, Paulo said:

Typical, you're not even trying.  That's the sort of attitude that....etc.

Something something something inflammatory remark, baseless accusation, vague interpretation.  You got a problem with that?

Makes no sense whatsoever so I agree entirely.

I'm not the racism police just voicing concern on some of the content on here. I sure hope you don't have a problem with that. Happy as always to discuss further

5 hours ago, elevenone said:

Read that earlier - what an absolute goonball he is - mysoginistic claptrap with the clichéd I've got a few gay pals pish - probably got someone to type it up for him. 

As for the club, if as Gerry said it was following the no-brainer route with the top they should have stuck it on the home top as well. 

17 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Read that earlier - what an absolute goonball he is - mysoginistic claptrap with the clichéd I've got a few gay pals pish - probably got someone to type it up for him. 

As for the club, if as Gerry said it was following the no-brainer route with the top they should have stuck it on the home top as well. 

Macavenie is getting dogs abuse from Celtic, Hammers and football fans in general on Twitter over his article.

I personally think if the club thought it was a no-brainer then they should have made it bigger, and extended it to the shorts and went full rainbow socks. (Personally I think the shorts and socks currently ruin the away strip)

Edited by Norgethistle

Ok, I realise this might make me unpopular although who cares.

Personally I think Frank M actually has a valid point, well lets face it, there`s a first time for everything!!

There is a distinct possibility that kids in particular WILL get bullied.

It could also make some fans on their way home from games targets for homophobes.

It also makes a "political" statement, and as a club we should stay away from politics IMHO.

Next, some of the groups that are included under the lgb umbrella were reported to have been considering legal action against each other!!!

As a club do we want to possibly be dragged into this or other lgb disputes, even if its only a reporter phoning for an opinion?

My own daughter recently left the lgb movement over some of the "loony groups" (her words)(eg wtf is a "demi-boy??) now demanding recognition. She has agreed to reconsider over the holidays (she`s still at school and was recently the schools junior representative or something ),(I do pay attention to her, HONEST I DO).

I`m of the age group who was fine with it being the LGB and them having the right to marry, (why shouldn`t they be as miserable as us straight folks?), but now its the LGB and the rest of the f***ing alphabet, oh and a plus sign and sometimes even a lower case i.

Its getting ridiculous, even to some of its own members!

Its only MY opinion, but I am not convinced enough thought went into this decision.

Edited by thistlemad1
addition of terminology :)
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, thistlemad1 said:

Ok, I realise this might make me unpopular although who cares.

Personally I think Frank M actually has a valid point, well lets face it, there`s a first time for everything!!

There is a distinct possibility that kids in particular WILL get bullied.

It could also make some fans on their way home from games targets for homophobes.

It also makes a "political" statement, and as a club we should stay away from politics IMHO.

Next, some of the groups that are included under the lgb umbrella were reported to have been considering legal action against each other!!!

As a club do we want to possibly be dragged into this or other lgb disputes, even if its only a reporter phoning for an opinion?

My own daughter recently left the lgb movement over some of the "loony groups" (her words)(eg wtf is a "demi-boy??) now demanding recognition. She has agreed to reconsider over the holidays (she`s still at school and was recently the schools junior representative or something ),(I do pay attention to her, HONEST I DO).

I`m of the age group who was fine with it being the LGB and them having the right to marry, (why shouldn`t they be as miserable as us straight folks?), but now its the LGB and the rest of the f***ing alphabet, oh and a plus sign and sometimes even a lower case i.

Its getting ridiculous, even to some of its own members!

Its only MY opinion, but I am not convinced enough thought went into this decision.

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

If the new logo is some kind of political statement, then the same is true when it comes to sporting logos for, say, a charity to fight e.g. cancer: why is a so-called rich country should essential medical research and services need to rely on charity, while billions get spent on keeping a handful of people very rich.

Oh, I share thistlemad1's opinion about the appearance of new strings of letters, digits etc...... bananas! 

• Like 1