Kit 2019-2020

That 1 jags fan

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:33 AM, Dark Passenger said:

How magnanimous of you.

I assume your deliberate exclusion of 'T' betrays your own prejudices?

If you mean that I am against "gender reassignment" on the NHS, then a resounding YES!!

If they want to pay for it themselves then fine.

There are a large number of people who go through these "transformations" only to have them reversed, while people with GENUINE illnesses cannot get the drugs they need to keep them alive for a little longer. Is THAT right??  There is a finite amount of money that can be spent on the NHS, so YOU make the choice:-

Do we go after foreign nationals who owe the NHS MILLIONS (Great Ormond St for example are owed 50 MILLION from non UK patients) ...... not PC, stop the gender operations ....... again, not PC, or do we give people the medicines they NEED?

How DARE you attack me over something as trivial as omitting a "T", when there are people with REAL medical needs in the UK.

Especially when you miss out half of the sentence I typed ..............

Edited by thistlemad1

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:51 AM, javeajag said:

I’d be interested if people thought this little video from my other team Valencia is inappropriate then ?

https://www.valenciacf.com/es/video/Dfrxd7Dy1wtw6ZTlZ0TFWh8v70v8kUfO

Sorry if I appear a bit thick, but I only speak one language ............. I take it the letters being coloured in over and over again mean lgbtq?

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:28 AM, Paulo said:

Really not buying into the argument that we shouldn't be supporting a large group just because some people are idiots.  

So its OK with you if, no matter how inadvertently, the club is indirectly responsible for kids getting bullied or adult fans being beaten up?????

1 hour ago, thistlemad1 said:

If you mean that I am against "gender reassignment" on the NHS, then a resounding YES!!

If they want to pay for it themselves then fine.

There are a large number of people who go through these "transformations" only to have them reversed, while people with GENUINE illnesses cannot get the drugs they need to keep them alive for a little longer. Is THAT right??  There is a finite amount of money that can be spent on the NHS, so YOU make the choice:-

Do we go after foreign nationals who owe the NHS MILLIONS (Great Ormond St for example are owed 50 MILLION from non UK patients) ...... not PC, stop the gender operations ....... again, not PC, or do we give people the medicines they NEED?

How DARE you attack me over something as trivial as omitting a "T", when there are people with REAL medical needs in the UK.

Especially when you miss out half of the sentence I typed ..............

Okaaaay...

12 hours ago, thistlemad1 said:

So its OK with you if, no matter how inadvertently, the club is indirectly responsible for kids getting bullied or adult fans being beaten up?????

So your response to people being bullied and beaten up is to say to the victims, just hide away from the bullies, don't draw attention to yourself, if they don't know who you are they won't attack you? Let's just pretend that gay people don't exist, 'cos there won't be any among the Thistle fans, will there? And Thistle should just stay out of politics because we don't want to offend anyone - well, not anyone who's homophobic anyway. Who else should we not offend - misogynists, racists, anti-semites?

In this city, if there's one thing that Partick Thistle stand for it's inclusion. We don't give a flying **** if you're a Billy or a Tim, or black or gay or, dare I say it, a one-legged black lesbian saxophone player.

I'm proud of Thistle for the stance they've taken on the shirt thing. My only regret is that the stripe isn't bigger.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

So your response to people being bullied and beaten up is to say to the victims, just hide away from the bullies, don't draw attention to yourself, if they don't know who you are they won't attack you? Let's just pretend that gay people don't exist, 'cos there won't be any among the Thistle fans, will there? And Thistle should just stay out of politics because we don't want to offend anyone - well, not anyone who's homophobic anyway. Who else should we not offend - misogynists, racists, anti-semites?

In this city, if there's one thing that Partick Thistle stand for it's inclusion. We don't give a flying **** if you're a Billy or a Tim, or black or gay or, dare I say it, a one-legged black lesbian saxophone player.

I'm proud of Thistle for the stance they've taken on the shirt thing. My only regret is that the stripe isn't bigger.

Thistle have ALWAYS been an inclusive club, welcoming anyone and everyone, so its sad that we get involved in what has become a political movement.

But whats even sadder is that you do not deny the possibility that kids could get bullied, your idea is "wear it with pride" ............ IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ANY FAN IT WILL BE PRIDE`S FAULT!!!!!! oh the irony.

As a club we should offend NO ONE. I don`t really care if the person standing next to me at a match is gay or straight, black or white, what their religion is or even if they dislike men or women, (yes, there are men haters out there), each to their own, just as long as they do not try to push their views on me.

The world is made up of people who are going to dislike others for any number of valid and totally stupid reasons, dislike turns to hatred, hatred turns to violence so why make our fans and the kids of our fans targets for that violence?

I particularly object to the veiled assumption that because I don't agree with something I am homophobic .......... a strange assumption given that in my original post I made clear my daughter is a member of the LGB movement (so I missed the rest of the alphabet ....... sue me).

Life is simple, PEOPLE make it complicated.

The war cry of a moron ........ say ANYTHING against gay movements and you are a homophobe, say anything against a religion and you are Islamophobic/anti semetic/anti any of the Christian religions etc etc.

Strange how all these groups try to use free speech to STOP free speech.

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I hope we offend every racist fascist and homophone going 

Whilst I agree in principal, we are nowadays to quick to label anyone who disagrees with us .............. very quick example.

A Moslem throws a gay Moslem off a building ,,,,,,,, who do we really condemn?

The Koran says gays are to be executed, so the murderer was only following the teachings of his religion.

The gay guy was born that way, so he was only trying to live a decent life.

So do we interfere with someones religion, which makes US the facist?

There are some things in life where the right answer makes us wrong in the eyes of someone else.

1 minute ago, thistlemad1 said:

Whilst I agree in principal, we are nowadays to quick to label anyone who disagrees with us .............. very quick example.

A Moslem throws a gay Moslem off a building ,,,,,,,, who do we really condemn?

The Koran says gays are to be executed, so the murderer was only following the teachings of his religion.

The gay guy was born that way, so he was only trying to live a decent life.

So do we interfere with someones religion, which makes US the facist?

There are some things in life where the right answer makes us wrong in the eyes of someone else.

Whilst I don’t really want to get into this ... the Koran doesn’t say it’s ok to kill another human being and civil society deems murder for any reason a crime so we condemn the murderer 

And you are way way off beam here 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thistlemad1 said:

Lol, Not bad.

Its not my fault I was born with an analytical mind.

Things are not always as straightforward as one would assume at first glance.

Maybe your analytical mind can try this - you're talking shite.

No matter how you dress it up or try to justify it, all you're saying is "I'm not a bigot, but...."

Moral relativism leads us to standing by while people are discriminated against and abused. There's nothing 'analtyical' about that.

37 minutes ago, thistlemad1 said:

Lol, Not bad.

The Straightest White Man post of all your Straight White Man posts.

Settle down now. Contrary to what you have been led to believe your entire life, your opinions - especially when it comes to groups you are not part of - are not important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thistlemad1 said:

Lol, Not bad.

They're not but you're off the mark.

I understand that LGBT politics isn't simple, but it's not Thistle's job to resolve that, and wearing a rainbow logo does not require them too. Just because something has complicated aspects does not been its principles cannot be supported. Thistle clearly stated that this would be worn as a symbol of inclusion, to show that everyone is welcome at Firhill. And while the rainbow symbol is associated with LGBT, it's just a rainbow. If we want it to include religions, races, political views then fine.

The point is that Thistle don't discriminate, and I'm good with that.