New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

• Administrators

Sigh. 

Just as the Club receives praise for inclusiveness some of our fans are quite happy to indulge in mockery based on how 'funny' foreign names are and how 'funny' foreign accents are. 

Cut it out. 

23 minutes ago, admin said:

Sigh. 

Just as the Club receives praise for inclusiveness some of our fans are quite happy to indulge in mockery based on how 'funny' foreign names are and how 'funny' foreign accents are. 

Cut it out. 

For goodness sake , have we all became “ snowflakes “ , it wasn’t racist it was a joke 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, p12tfc said:

IF there’s any truth in this then we instantly become a place fir Barnsley to send their kids to for competitive games..... Great.....

Shades if Ken Bates:thinking:

I wouldn’t mind being a Feeder club for Barnsley, they have a youngster called Buck Rodgers who is highly rated. Hopefully we won’t Tumble and Fall this season. Can’t help but be positive for this season, It’s just the way I’m feeling.  I’m glad there will be no ‘ We are the People’ at Firhill this year.

2 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

I wouldn’t mind being a Feeder club for Barnsley, they have a youngster called Buck Rodgers who is highly rated. Hopefully we won’t Tumble and Fall this season. Can’t help but be positive for this season, It’s just the way I’m feeling.  I’m glad there will be no ‘ We are the People’ at Firhill this year.

Depends how good the players we got were. We got Dodds and Colin West from Chelsea, but we also got Derek Johnstone as player manager.

10 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

I wouldn’t mind being a Feeder club for Barnsley, they have a youngster called Buck Rodgers who is highly rated. Hopefully we won’t Tumble and Fall this season.

Oh here, don't make jokes about names

• Haha 1

Plenty of brits get silly jokes made about their names....

that's ok....

but don't dare try it with somebody from another country!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

A guy told his friend that he wasn't happy about a pair of trainers that he'd bought. His friend asked why. He replied he looked at the box and it said "TAIWAN".

Silly? Yes. Racist? No way. Who is the "target" of any racism? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

Indeed, you will upset the snowflake brigade who are very apparent on this forum.

I'm sure I'd be accused of being a snowflake on many issues.

I just don't find the fact that "Wan" sounds like the Glasweigian form of "One", and is a popular Chinese name, particularly offensive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allyo said:

I'm sure I'd be accused of being a snowflake on many issues.

I just don't find the fact that "Wan" sounds like the Glasweigian form of "One", and is a popular Chinese name, particularly offensive.

My sense of humour comes from 47 years as a shipbuilder on the clyde.  If white knuckle guys like jordanhill jag  think I was been racist ,then  i'm afraid  he is way off the mark and is a prime example of your modern day snowflake who can't recognise a joke.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

My sense of humour comes from 47 years as a shipbuilder on the clyde.  If white knuckle guys like jordanhill jag  think I was been racist ,then  i'm afraid  he is way off the mark and is a prime example of your modern day snowflake who can't recognise a joke.

Oh dear. You are just beyond help. Stuck in the past. You can't keep using the I worked in the clyde shipyards so get off my back excuse. 

13 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Anyone who uses the term "snowflake" to describe other people is a complete and utter tosser.

Spot on, but some are stuck in the 70's and are beyond saving.

19 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Anyone who uses the term "snowflake" to describe other people is a complete and utter tosser.

Don't want to get involved in an argument, but you cant call somebody a snowflake, but ok to call them a tosser.:thinking:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

See that "snowflake" just a joke pish - thats the sort of crap Jim Davidson comes out with- as for being a "shipbuilder" and ? Yes its being Racist when your using someones Culture or Name to try and be Funny - thats it " the cant take a joke nonsense is just covering it up as for White Knuckle - jeez if only - your not Funny Pal - its just shitey patter   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Plenty of brits get silly jokes made about their names....

that's ok....

but don't dare try it with somebody from another country!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

A guy told his friend that he wasn't happy about a pair of trainers that he'd bought. His friend asked why. He replied he looked at the box and it said "TAIWAN".

Silly? Yes. Racist? No way. Who is the "target" of any racism? 

Using someones Race as a base for Humour ? and Yes there name is part of there Culture - so your poking fun at it - its cheap shitey poor lazy attempt to be funny 

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

It is if your Chinese 

Do you think so?

If it is then my judgement is wrong, and I would regret that. If I think about it, I find it difficult to see where the offence would lie. It sounds to me like a fairly predictable play on words. Not very funny, not very offensive.

what do I know, I'm not Chinese. 

17 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Using someones Race as a base for Humour ? and Yes there name is part of there Culture - so your poking fun at it - its cheap shitey poor lazy attempt to be funny 

My kids have a book - Hamish the hairy haggis - it’s pretty funny actually (albeit when you’ve read it to them for the third night on the bounce it starts to lose its appeal). Anyway it is full of stereotypes and humour based on perceived Scottish culture. I find it pretty amusing. You may or may not find it offensive. It is certainly not racist. Making a joke based on culture does not automatically make it racist. It’s also not necessarily lazy, it can actually be quite well thought out and funny. 

Edited by mad-jag

6 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Lets hope if this rumour is true, we see our fortunes turnaround and we can get a Championship winning team on the park.

Err.... Is this you introducing the Chinese themed puns to the thread? Is that wise at this stage?

I wouldn't like Tibet on it! (Ooft, politically sensitive too)

• Haha 1

• admin locked this topic