New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

29 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Oh dear. You are just beyond help. Stuck in the past. You can't keep using the I worked in the clyde shipyards so get off my back excuse. 

Up pops another.  So i'm beyond help, stuck in the past because I don't  share your  political correct pish.  If my views  on life differ from yours , then tough. I also  do not use my  long career in shipbuilding as an excuse for my views and humour, something you and your cronies on this forum seem to lack.  Are you saying coalface  shipbuilders[the ones that got their hands dirty]  are inferior to you  due to their coarse banter and humour? 

7 minutes ago, allyo said:

Err.... Is this you introducing the Chinese themed puns to the thread? Is that wise at this stage?

I wouldn't like Tibet on it! (Ooft, politically sensitive too)

I was actually trying to get the discussion back on topic.

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Depends how good the players we got were. We got Dodds and Colin West from Chelsea, but we also got Derek Johnstone as player manager.

Hey Auld Yin

Ive warned you before not to mention that fat bar steward. It’s too stressful for me to hear or read that name.

I have to go and calm down now. He’s one of those I’ve desperately tried to erase from my memory, along with Lee Hinds.

Please not again!

3 hours ago, ChiThistle said:

Heard a new rumour that a consortium consisting of a priest, a rabbi, and a minister may be looking to buy the club.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd go.

As the one-eyed lady played her saxophone

Edited by allyo

7 hours ago, mulguy jag said:

Up pops another.  So i'm beyond help, stuck in the past because I don't  share your  political correct pish.  If my views  on life differ from yours , then tough. I also  do not use my  long career in shipbuilding as an excuse for my views and humour, something you and your cronies on this forum seem to lack.  Are you saying coalface  shipbuilders[the ones that got their hands dirty]  are inferior to you  due to their coarse banter and humour? 

I don’t think being racist, sexist etc is confined to any social group

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mulguy jag said:

I'm probably older than you and I too worked at the coal face, have had dirty hands, seen some horrible sights that you could only imagine after watcing a Hollywood movie. I too was brought up on 70's "humour" but I, unlike your good self, have grown as a person. I've no chip on my shoulder at some perceived imbalance by society that consigned me to hard work and exposure to "industrial banter". 

If you believe, truly believe, that anyone on here is wrong to call out your racist and intollerant comments then you are extremely deluded.

It is not that people like me are lacking in understanding "your humour" it's simply that you are displaying the behaviour of a racist and hiding behind a belief that cos you are a product of the 70's it is okay to have those beliefs/sense of humour.

You are accountable for what you write. As i said before, oh dear,

I would never defend racism, but I think we have to be careful about accusing people, and keep some perspective. It's pretty strong to call someone racist, you need to have decent justification.

i would never make a joke about a Chinese person's voice or appearance. I happen to think that making a pun on a popular Chinese name and a Glaswegian pronounciation is very different. If anything the joke is on Glaswegian more than Chinese. 

18 minutes ago, allyo said:

I would never defend racism, but I think we have to be careful about accusing people, and keep some perspective. It's pretty strong to call someone racist, you need to have decent justification.

i would never make a joke about a Chinese person's voice or appearance. I happen to think that making a pun on a popular Chinese name and a Glaswegian pronounciation is very different. If anything the joke is on Glaswegian more than Chinese. 

Completely correct.

This forum is a complete joke. People getting there knickers in a twist and accusing people of being racists for comments which could barely be described as offensive. I wouldn't like to be in a lot of your companies as you take things far too serious. The world is ****** and its down in small part to this over sensitiveness over comments which are scrutinised to death. I come on here to see about signings etc. and have to read through 3 pages of absolute shite.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

I'm probably older than you and I too worked at the coal face, have had dirty hands, seen some horrible sights that you could only imagine after watcing a Hollywood movie. I too was brought up on 70's "humour" but I, unlike your good self, have grown as a person. I've no chip on my shoulder at some perceived imbalance by society that consigned me to hard work and exposure to "industrial banter". 

If you believe, truly believe, that anyone on here is wrong to call out your racist and intollerant comments then you are extremely deluded.

It is not that people like me are lacking in understanding "your humour" it's simply that you are displaying the behaviour of a racist and hiding behind a belief that cos you are a product of the 70's it is okay to have those beliefs/sense of humour.

You are accountable for what you write. As i said before, oh dear,

I am sick and tired of threads  being hijacked by smug, self important viewpoints. You are offended? Why are you offended? On who's behalf are you offended? If you cannot see the difference between being racist and a bit of harmless banter based on a bit of name playing then that's your problem. One of the problems nowadays is that smug knowitalls  appoint themselves as judge, jury and executioner on what "they" decide is acceptable or not and become the censorship police. I'm sure we'd all prefer to get back to discussing football, Thistle matters and the actual reason this thread was started.

3 minutes ago, jigjag said:

I am sick and tired of threads  being hijacked by smug, self important viewpoints. You are offended? Why are you offended? On who's behalf are you offended? If you cannot see the difference between being racist and a bit of harmless banter based on a bit of name playing then that's your problem. One of the problems nowadays is that smug knowitalls  appoint themselves as judge, jury and executioner on what "they" decide is acceptable or not and become the censorship police. I'm sure we'd all prefer to get back to discussing football, Thistle matters and the actual reason this thread was started.

Thanks for hijacking and judging that for us all.

(sorry, I have a weakness for irony, please move on)

7 minutes ago, jigjag said:

In a nutshell

Edited by mulguy jag

3 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

Trying to get back on thread, is there any evidence at all that there is a remote possibility of this happening?

What he said. Apart from some comment that apparently appeared on Facebook, why is this even a thing? 

• Like 1

• admin locked this topic