New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

Just now, Firhillista said:

So it did. So how do you hear that the owner of Barnsley and Nice F.C. wants to buy Thistle?? What pub do you have to frequent to hear something like that?

Don’t know about the new owner but there was a guy on pie and bovril claiming yesterday that Zak Rudden would definitely be signing by this evening for the jags. Curious to see if this transpires at all

10 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

I'm genuinely interested to know if folk just make this stuff up - along the lines of, "well, I can see this happening..." - or whether it's actually stuff that comes from people within the club.

(I've just googled Chien Lee and, no thanks...)

To be fair some of the people that have said it’s happening regardless of whether you have argued with them in the past, are usually right with a lot of their facts and don’t tend to just make stuff up eg Ian McKinnon, Stuart goldie etc and Jim Alexander thinks there is a good chance of it happening- while people don’t always agree with what he says he is not the kind of guy to make up fantasy posts to do with billionaires being very interested in the club 

7 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

To be fair some of the people that have said it’s happening regardless of whether you have argued with them in the past, are usually right with a lot of their facts and don’t tend to just make stuff up eg Ian McKinnon, Stuart goldie etc and Jim Alexander thinks there is a good chance of it happening- while people don’t always agree with what he says he is not the kind of guy to make up fantasy posts to do with billionaires being very interested in the club 

There has been this post in the face book group saying something big is going to be happening might have started there 

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Wasn't having a go at anyone, honestly. It's just that I never hear any of this stuff unless I come on here! From what you say, though, I'm now more concerned - this 'investment' looks more like asset stripping to me if you look at the guy's history of involvement with both Barnsley and Nice. He certainly wouldn't be putting his money into the club because he's a big Jags fan...

29 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

Wasn't having a go at anyone, honestly. It's just that I never hear any of this stuff unless I come on here! From what you say, though, I'm now more concerned - this 'investment' looks more like asset stripping to me if you look at the guy's history of involvement with both Barnsley and Nice. He certainly wouldn't be putting his money into the club because he's a big Jags fan...

Believe you me I have concerns too

38 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

I have never said it was happening _ in response to a reasonable Question by Javea Jag I laid out the Scenario where it is possible for someone to take over the Club - I have no more knowledge as to the accuracy of the rumour than anyone else - however Im hearing that people are recieving denials by DM on Twitter - if its untrue the Club should simply say that on Twitter - if they are going to take the bother to DM people - just tell everyone - as opposed to the Wee Groupies on Twitter     

It is also odd that a Specific Person was named as being the person putting in a takeover bid - not the normal type of rumour associated with a Club like Thistle 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

40 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

None of the current Board had anything to do with the Club before they were Directors - you might want to ask them a similiar question  

20 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I have never said it was happening _ in response to a reasonable Question by Javea Jag I laid out the Scenario where it is possible for someone to take over the Club - I have no more knowledge as to the accuracy of the rumour than anyone else - however Im hearing that people are recieving denials by DM on Twitter - if its untrue the Club should simply say that on Twitter - if they are going to take the bother to DM people - just tell everyone - as opposed to the Wee Groupies on Twitter     

It is also odd that a Specific Person was named as being the person putting in a takeover bid - not the normal type of rumour associated with a Club like Thistle 

Sorry Jim just for the benefit of those like me that don’t really know how Twitter works - what’s aDM?

I don't know if this is true - I certainly have heard it from a few trusted sources away from social media and forums.

I can also understand the background as to why it might be and how a transaction would work.

To me, it may be very exciting for the club.

My main piece of circumstantial evidence is if you read the statement made when they took over Barnsley and how they did it, it could virtually be written word for word about us!

Of course it may end up not happening for reasons other than it not being true, eg change of focus, or financial situation, or due diligence problems, but if I was a betting man from what I have heard, I think this will go ahead.

29 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Sorry Jim just for the benefit of those like me that don’t really know how Twitter works - what’s aDM?

DM - Direct Message ie others on your Twitter Feed cant see the message - so rather than reply to a select few who follow you on Twitter - just make a Statement open to everyone - kills the rumour stone dead - personally I hope its true as we are going no where fast as a Club 

27 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

DM - Direct Message ie others on your Twitter Feed cant see the message - so rather than reply to a select few who follow you on Twitter - just make a Statement open to everyone - kills the rumour stone dead - personally I hope its true as we are going no where fast as a Club 

Would you not worry about a Romanov type scenario where he nearly tries to kill the club? As much as Colin Weir has not done everything right I genuinely feel he has always tried to do his best for the club and is a jags fan at heart 

On 20 June 2019 at 2:01 PM, Third Lanark said:

Would you not worry about a Romanov type scenario where he nearly tries to kill the club? As much as Colin Weir has not done everything right I genuinely feel he has always tried to do his best for the club and is a jags fan at heart 

We are dying anyway - the Crowds are going down Year by Year and the average age and % above 60 increases Year by Year - The Board have No plan for the Club and are more interested in daft PR Stunts - not one of them has cash to invest in the Club - not one of them had anything to do with us before they were invited into the Board - Yes there is a risk but my experience of Chinese taking over Espanyol who i support has been nothing but positive - in Business Chinese took over one of our key Suppliers in Italy - again nothing but positive - but at least we would be moving forward - currently we are stagnating

Edited by Jordanhill Jag
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Where is this coming from?

I got a vague message from a friend. I forwarded on to someone else who replied saying they had just seen something on Facebook. I'm not on Facebook so wondered if anybody on here had heard.

Seems a bit of an odd one to me if true but nothing would surprise me. I've also now seen plenty people on Twitter claiming it is a done deal. We shall see.

5 hours ago, allyo said:

I would never defend racism, but I think we have to be careful about accusing people, and keep some perspective. It's pretty strong to call someone racist, you need to have decent justification.

i would never make a joke about a Chinese person's voice or appearance. I happen to think that making a pun on a popular Chinese name and a Glaswegian pronounciation is very different. If anything the joke is on Glaswegian more than Chinese. 

This.

A lot of people really need to take a good look at themselves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinnyjag said:

The only thing that makes me believe that the new investor may be real is the fact that the club haven’t put out any statement saying it’s a load of nonsense. They have been quick to quell rumours in the past.

Exactly what I am thinking. If no truth whatsoever, why not just say so?

5 hours ago, Big Dan said:

Trying to get back on thread, is there any evidence at all that there is a remote possibility of this happening?

He was spotted coming out of Jaconnelis with a cone today whilst talking  to Owen Coyle, so it’s happening.

Made that up he actually had a roll and fritter and Coyle was talking at him 

• Haha 1

• admin locked this topic