New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

6 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Don’t know about the new owner but there was a guy on pie and bovril claiming yesterday that Zak Rudden would definitely be signing by this evening for the jags. Curious to see if this transpires at all

If it does transpire I hope his injury is not too serious as he was in crutches when I saw him yesterday.

16 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Hey Auld Yin

Ive warned you before not to mention that fat bar steward. It’s too stressful for me to hear or read that name.

I have to go and calm down now. He’s one of those I’ve desperately tried to erase from my memory, along with Lee Hinds.

Please not again!

Sorry Weebaw1, should've put a DJ health warning at the beginning of my post.

19 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Plenty of brits get silly jokes made about their names....

that's ok....

but don't dare try it with somebody from another country!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

A guy told his friend that he wasn't happy about a pair of trainers that he'd bought. His friend asked why. He replied he looked at the box and it said "TAIWAN".

Silly? Yes. Racist? No way. Who is the "target" of any racism? 

Are Brits discriminated against in all sorts of ways and are the shortened names that are used for them get used as racial insults? No. So you’re talking utter pish. 

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

just tell everyone - as opposed to the Wee Groupies on Twitter     

Funnily enough, I was told today that it's PMs to impressionable Thistle supporters from a couple of folk active on this forum - I think you know them - that are helping spread the Chien Lee rumour. I wonder how you would badge them.

4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We are dying anyway - the Crowds are going down Year by Year and the average age and % above 60 increases Year by Year - The Board have No plan for the Club and are more interested in daft PR Stunts - not one of them has cash to invest in the Club - not one of them had anything to do with us before they were invited into the Board - Yes there is a risk but my experience of Chinese taking over Espanyol who i support has been nothing but positive - in Business Chinese took over one of our key Suppliers in Italy - again nothing but positive - but at least we would be moving forward - not a play thing for people who haven't invested a single penny  nor own a single share      

Strange, if I was to identify one person I thought would be vehemently opposed to a hostile takeover by a foreign owner then it would be you. Same for the other folk who're helping spread the rumour behind the scenes. 

And who's treating us as a plaything?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Strange, if I was to identify one person I thought would be vehemently opposed to a hostile takeover by a foreign owner then it would be you. Same for the other folk who're helping spread the rumour behind the scenes. 

If a majority of shareholders voluntarily sell their shares then it’s by definition not a hostile takeover but an agreed one 

one of our issues is who actually owns shares in the club because I think I’m right in saying no one on our board does which for a company of our size is very unusual 

I think it would depend on who a new owner is and their plans but I can make a case of the ownership and day to day running of the club being the same people would be an improvement 

Edited by javeajag

42 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Funnily enough, I was told today that it's PMs to impressionable Thistle supporters from a couple of folk active on this forum - I think you know them - that are helping spread the Chien Lee rumour. I wonder how you would badge them.

If your accusing me of starting or spreading a rumour then just say that - but it wont be correct - like any Fan Im going to comment on something like a takeover - so save your wee digs - I have no idea where the rumour started and multiple people have stated that they knew of it - do I think we are stagnating - Yes - do I think a New Owner would push us forward - Yes - thats my opinion - if you have a problem with any of that - Tough  

Our board is the management... representing  the shareholders and  own no shares themselves therefore they don’t get a vote and would not object to a takeover unless directed by the shareholders ... your mistaken in the case of s small company like us 

42 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

I support Espanyol - the experience of being taken over by Chinese Owners has been nothing but positive and helped get the Club into Europe this Season  

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

If your accusing me of starting or spreading a rumour then just say that - but it wont be correct - like any Fan Im going to comment on something like a takeover - so save your wee digs - I have no idea where the rumour started and multiple people have stated that they knew of it - do I think we are stagnating - Yes - do I think a New Owner would push us forward - Yes - thats my opinion - if you have a problem with any of that - Tough  

Seemingly it's not just a rumour and is actually happening. New majority shareholder will have 52%. 

Or maybe that is just a rumour and I'm being misinformed...

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Our board is the management... representing  the shareholders and  own no shares themselves therefore they don’t get a vote and would not object to a takeover unless directed by the shareholders ...

The assumption being that the fans' groups gifted shares by the Weirs would assent to the takeover?

1 minute ago, Jag said:

Seemingly it's not just a rumour and is actually happening. New majority shareholder will have 52%. 

Or maybe that is just a rumour and I'm being misinformed...

A guy called Craig Smillie posted that on Facebook today no idea if its true 

50 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Also given we have a Comms Expert as our Chair - any rumours could be laid to rest by a simple Club Tweet 

1 minute ago, Dark Passenger said:

The assumption being that the fans' groups gifted shares by the Weirs would assent to the takeover?

The fact being they can do nothing if 50+ If shareholders agree to anything and when have they ever done anything the Board didn’t want ?!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I support Espanyol - the experience of being taken over by Chinese Owners has been nothing but positive and helped get the Club into Europe this Season  

Peter Lim has been pretty good for Valencia  who I support 

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Mr 'we shouldn't be relying on a sugar daddy' has sure changed his tune.

• admin locked this topic