New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

52 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Who are we - we the supporters ? Do we have any say in this ?

Only if you have over 5% of shares apparently...

Oh we do have two supporter trusts who do diddly squat effectively.

A seemingly fractured support desperate for success and little faith in the current board.

Former board members wanting a return on their investment.

So basically no. We're ripe for being taken over and what that results in...

Just now, jagfox said:

Only if you have over 5% of shares apparently...

Oh we do have two supporter trusts who do diddly squat effectively.

A seemingly fractured support desperate for success and little faith in the current board.

Former board members wanting a return on their investment.

So basically no. We're ripe for being taken over and what that results in...

And it may turn out to be a good thing you never know 

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And it may turn out to be a good thing you never know 

I'm still hopeful but the point raised was do we have any say about it? I don't think we do as things stand.

3 hours ago, AndyMac said:

Spot on.

They will pick up Firhill for a song. It will be like taking candy off a baby.

Andy - I have no axe to grind and have no inside knowledge, but purely from a property perspective, the land really isn’t easily developable, nor is it located in a particularly desirable area. If a property developer had cash to spend and this was really only about the land, then there are dozens of better, cheaper and easier sites to pick.

I said in my earlier post, I really can’t fathom why a wealthy overseas investor would be interested. Some have said it’s to assist in building a stable of feeder clubs to bring through players for sale, but I can’t see why Scotland (where decent fees are a rarity) or why PTFC, which is languishing in the second tier. I would have thought that there are other more attractive options which would be higher profile and not cost any more to buy.

Others seem to know more than I do,  so I’l wait to see what happens, but if it really is all about the land, then they are completely clueless when it comes to property development.

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

All your doing is speculating whilst ignoring any facts .... I keep telling you the land  isn’t worth much and you ignore that and now suggest student flats .... weeks after planners vowed to cut back on .... yes student flats

abd before you start building you have to demolish a stadium, fix the drainage problems and prepare the site for what ? To make very little money 

Do you have any reservations at all about this deal , can’t think of 1 foreign investor in Scottish football who has been a  success . 

5 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

Andy - I have no axe to grind and have no inside knowledge, but purely from a property perspective, the land really isn’t easily developable, nor is it located in a particularly desirable area. If a property developer had cash to spend and this was really only about the land, then there are dozens of better, cheaper and easier sites to pick.

I said in my earlier post, I really can’t fathom why a wealthy overseas investor would be interested. Some have said it’s to assist in building a stable of feeder clubs to bring through players for sale, but I can’t see why Scotland (where decent fees are a rarity) or why PTFC, which is languishing in the second tier. I would have thought that there are other more attractive options which would be higher profile and not cost any more to buy.

Others seem to know more than I do,  so I’l wait to see what happens, but if it really is all about the land, then they are completely clueless when it comes to property development.

This deal has got nothing to with property you are spot on 

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

They sell onto someone else - we are in no different a position than we are now - we have no say on who we are sold to 

Sorry JJ , for the life of me I can’t see where they make any money, at our level most of the to ing and fro ing is free transfers, freedom of contract

Can’t even remember at our level just now , anyone getting bought or sold for decent money.

12 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Sorry JJ , for the life of me I can’t see where they make any money, at our level most of the to ing and fro ing is free transfers, freedom of contract

Can’t even remember at our level just now , anyone getting bought or sold for decent money.

Liam Lindasy and probably Aidan Fitzpatrick heading down south for over £1,000,000. 

Player development then move them up the ladder.

21 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

I agree with pretty much all of what you say. 

The only reason I can think of, and it’s a bit of a long shot, is that they think the Scottish market is undervalued.

I think the model would have to be that we hoover up the best young Scottish talent we can, the best get sold on to Barnsley and they hope to make a profit from selling on in an inflated English market. They will be hoping for another Andy Robertson/Kieran Tierney. They are more likely to get anothe Liam Lindsay if they are lucky. 

That is the only possible reason I can think of for all of this, if it is even true in the first place. 

Just now, jagfox said:

Liam Lindasy and probably Aidan Fitzpatrick heading down south for over £1,000,000. 

Player development then move them up the ladder.

First of all , we were in the Premier League when we sold Liam Lindsay, maybe young Aidan will go for big money but he’s been developed at PTFC since he was 11 yrs of age .

I’ll as you the same question as I asked JJ , where do these guys make their money , as we play in a league of free transfers and out of contract players , when was the last time there was any transfer fees at all in our League.

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

First of all , we were in the Premier League when we sold Liam Lindsay, maybe young Aidan will go for big money but he’s been developed at PTFC since he was 11 yrs of age .

I’ll as you the same question as I asked JJ , where do these guys make their money , as we play in a league of free transfers and out of contract players , when was the last time there was any transfer fees at all in our League.

Dundee Utd paid for Peter Pawlett

• admin locked this topic