New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

55 minutes ago, javeajag said:

No I spoke to someone who saw Conway 

im insulted because they are basically lying 

And it's your right to be insulted. All I'm saying is it's not surprising they didn't say much is all.

Name your friend? I'm not convinced he's credible.  There's been way too much wild speculation and made up stuff

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It gives the impression the board doesn’t know what’s going on when they do , they know everything ..., what was the point of the statement ? 

You have stated that the club has lied in it's statement. Where is the lie in the statement?

Just seen your reply to dunnikierjag. So are you retracting your assertion that there is a lie in the statement?

Edited by BowenBoys

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It gives the impression the board doesn’t know what’s going on when they do , they know everything ..., what was the point of the statement ? 

To be fair no it doesn’t.

It says that the Board has not been formally approached to approve and register a transfer of shares by existing shareholders. No more no less.

3 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

You have stated that the club has lied in it's statement. Where is the lie in the statement?

Just seen your reply to dunnikierjag. So are you retracting your assertion that there is a lie in the statement?

Ok just to be nice .... I retract the word ‘lie ‘ though that is the outcome of the statement and insert ‘ deliberately misleading giving the impression falsely that they don’t know what’s going on and thereby treating their fans with utter contempt ‘

hope you feel better 

I wonder who let Conway into firhill today and met him  ?

3 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

To be fair no it doesn’t.

It says that the Board has not been formally approached to approve and register a transfer of shares by existing shareholders. No more no less.

Ands it’s misleading disingenuous twaddle ... shy say that at all after all this time ? 

9 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

And it's your right to be insulted. All I'm saying is it's not surprising they didn't say much is all.

Name your friend? I'm not convinced he's credible.  There's been way too much wild speculation and made up stuff

Nope and so far the takeover stories are on the money 

57 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Why would a group who are in private discussions with shareholders start mouthing off about their plans? That would be a red flag for me, rather than something to encourage. 

Absolutely. They are damned if the do, damned if they don't here. They are doing things in the way such transactions should be conducted. I am a fan who wants to know what is going on as much as anyone else, but I also understand the real world.

Paul Goodwin is not exactly an independent voice. He would rather the shareholders sell to the fans. Nothing wrong with wanting that (I might agree to a large extent) but it means his motivations are perhaps tainted a little.

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Nope and so far the takeover stories are on the money 

Not disagreeing about that. Just saying there's way too much he said she said, a friend of a friends cousin told my old teacher.  .....

I just can't accept your criticism of the board for this statement but it's your prerogative to be insulted.

1 minute ago, jaf said:

Absolutely. They are damned if the do, damned if they don't here. They are doing things in the way such transactions should be conducted. I am a fan who wants to know what is going on as much as anyone else, but I also understand the real world.

Paul Goodwin is not exactly an independent voice. He would rather the shareholders sell to the fans. Nothing wrong with wanting that (I might agree to a large extent) but it means his motivations are perhaps tainted a little.

I agree of course that negotiations should be private and I don’t expect the consortium to say anything till the deal is done but I would prefer the board didn’t try xnd pretend they know nothing g

1 minute ago, Thistleberight said:

Not disagreeing about that. Just saying there's way too much he said she said, a friend of a friends cousin told my old teacher.  .....

I just can't accept your criticism of the board for this statement but it's your prerogative to be insulted.

It is extremely misleading .... why not say what I suggested ?

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I agree of course that negotiations should be private and I don’t expect the consortium to say anything till the deal is done but I would prefer the board didn’t try xnd pretend they know nothing g

Yeah, I know what you mean - they have used peoples lack of understanding of process to imply something - wouldn't have called it a lie though!

The important thing is that they acknowledge their duty to do what is best for club/company/shareholders

The disappointing thing is their dig at the timing when they really ought to be neutral on this matter, not opinionated on it - they ought to be keeping an open mind as otherwise how can they possibly know what is best for the club/company/shareholders?   The dig, to me, looks like an attempt to win hearts and minds in a battle where the other side, by acting professionally, does not have the right of reply

I think what we have here is a clash between the normal rules and conventions of business, and the passionate demands of a football fan to know exactly what is going on.

Mixed in with a good dose of early 21st century 'with us or against us' extremism.

Edited by allyo

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok just to be nice .... I retract the word ‘lie ‘ though that is the outcome of the statement and insert ‘ deliberately misleading giving the impression falsely that they don’t know what’s going on and thereby treating their fans with utter contempt ‘

hope you feel better 

I wonder who let Conway into firhill today and met him  ?

You see, I don't think most people are as stupid as you imagine. I think most people understand what the statement said and didn't say.

I have no idea what J Low's agenda is nor, indeed, yours. I'm grateful for your retraction. Making misleading statements to support your argument that another party is making misleading statements does your cause no service.

Just now, BowenBoys said:

You see, I don't think most people are as stupid as you imagine. I think most people understand what the statement said and didn't say.

I have no idea what J Low's agenda is nor, indeed, yours. I'm grateful for your retraction. Making misleading statements to support your argument that another party is making misleading statements does your cause no service.

I have no agenda I’m a fan and very small shareholder and indeed if you check have been very supportive of the board eg the training ground but having worked in business and indeed in takeovers the boards   handing of this is laughable 

• admin locked this topic