New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

5 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I am well aware of what it seems to be, but we can sit in the past and harp on about 71 for the next 100 years or we can potentially become a more successful side, maybe get more through the gates and hopefully stadium improvements in the longer term. We cannot end up worse of than we are now. And for those that say oh we may become stuck with debt, we done that as an independent club as well a few times and nobody will buy a club full of debt which the investors plan to build and sell for profit. The investors also would not want a failure on their portfolio as that would sin die them from future purchases.

For me the independence thing is fundamentally important and I suppose I'm surprised that it is not important to some people, but fair enough if that's your view.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Hibs fans are delighted with their recent takeover but all we do is sit and moan about a proposed takeover! Personally bring them in and let's see where we go, i wanna see us do something and maybe win something other than the championship title and tennents sixes trophy in my lifetime. Meanwhile it sounds like lot's wants to just meander on....

To be fair that is a Hibs fan who has taken over at Easter road. Paul Conway And Chien Lee have not been known for being Partick Thistle suppo:)rters 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

My suggested statement is legally fine from the boards perspective .,..but the board not for me ! 

If you know that to be the case then you know more than you have been letting on. If you know that the statement you made and say should have been the one the club put out AND if as is the case that you are alleging it would be legal, then you must know all of the legal niceties of what any potential take over group would insist is said and not said. If that is the case then YOU must be part of the discussions.

If not, you're nothing more than an attention seeking blowhard. I hope you're not (attention seeking blowhard).

There are way too many on here speaking with forked tongues and with agendas. Just the truth and the facts please.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Alan Rough maybe. I think Jacqui Low is there because she is the representative of a Thistle fan who put money into the club - colin Weir 

None of our board are thistle fans .... I guess you might argue about rough but then one at least is a Rangers fan 

16 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Alan Rough maybe. I think Jacqui Low is there because she is the representative of a Thistle fan who put money into the club - colin Weir 

I am sure I recall Jacqui Low stating categorically that was not the case and that she was on the board entirely through her own endeavours and in her own right

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Correct like all of our current board ......

Javejag, I’m sure that’s not strictly true , on the board are Alan Rough , Ian Dodd who has been about the club for a while and was part of the Propco deal , associate directors Robert Reid , Ronnie  Gilfillan and also Gerry Britton who is Chief Executive, all of those mentioned have the best interests of our club , whether we agree with their decisions is a different matter .

I’m wary of what’s going on , possibly because we don’t know the facts or plans for the future , I’m concerned the first real offer for Aidan Fitzpatrick was accepted , was the Board told to do this to boost the coffers ?

I’m not sure these guys are long term investors , to build the club and get a better standing in Scottish Football over say the next  10 years , they might hang around for a couple of years as they did at Nice and pass it onto someone else.

I’m going to sit on the fence till I know more of the facts .

23 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

So Colin Weir gets a board member (10%) but the supporters do not (allegedly 27%)?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Javejag, I’m sure that’s not strictly true , on the board are Alan Rough , Ian Dodd who has been about the club for a while and was part of the Propco deal , associate directors Robert Reid , Ronnie  Gilfillan and also Gerry Britton who is Chief Executive, all of those mentioned have the best interests of our club , whether we agree with their decisions is a different matter .

I’m wary of what’s going on , possibly because we don’t know the facts or plans for the future , I’m concerned the first real offer for Aidan Fitzpatrick was accepted , was the Board told to do this to boost the coffers ?

I’m not sure these guys are long term investors , to build the club and get a better standing in Scottish Football over say the next  10 years , they might hang around for a couple of years as they did at Nice and pass it onto someone else.

One of those us a rangers fan.

Just now, javeajag said:

One of those us a rangers fan.

And Chien Lee and Paul Conway are ?

Whether we agree about our Boards decisions , they are not faceless , they are hands on to a certain extent  , I’m not so sure if the possible investors will stick around if their money making template isn’t working. Too much hassle for no return .

Big Decision to be made

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

And Chien Lee and Paul Conway are ?

Whether we agree about our Boards decisions , they are not faceless , they are hands on to a certain extent  , I’m not so sure if the possible investors will stick around if their money making template isn’t working. Too much hassle for no return .

Big Decision to be made

Not rangers fans 

29 minutes ago, jaf said:

So Colin Weir gets a board member (10%) but the supporters do not (allegedly 27%)?

It's more than a bit odd, is it not?

Some may say that the Weir's own 30% of the club!

However, if we add together the Weir's, The Partick Thistle Football Club Trust  and the Jags Trust shares, all of whom (you would think) would be considered as bankers for supporting the status quo. This combined shareholding amounts to 37% of the total shares in the club.

If this is the case, the consortium has to buy 51% out of the remaining 63% of shares, which are scattered far and wide. This is a big ask. In these circumstances it is extremely difficult to see how they'll be able to buy the club.

Perhaps, it's the Weir's that are selling? if so, then it's a completely different ball game. Some might say, that the consortium would then only have to buy 21% out of the remaining 70% of shares to own our club.

Stranger things have happened.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

I always thought Roughie was a Celtic Fan - Ronnie - Robert or Gerry have no say in key decisions on any level 

40 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

It's more than a bit odd, is it not?

Some may say that the Weir's own 30% of the club!

However, if we add together the Weir's, The Partick Thistle Football Club Trust  and the Jags Trust shares, all of whom (you would think) would be considered as bankers for supporting the status quo. This combined shareholding amounts to 37% of the total shares in the club.

If this is the case, the consortium has to buy 51% out of the remaining 63% of shares, which are scattered far and wide. This is a big ask. In these circumstances it is extremely difficult to see how they'll be able to buy the club.

Perhaps, it's the Weir's that are selling? if so, then it's a completely different ball game. Some might say, that the consortium would then only have to buy 21% out of the remaining 70% of shares to own our club.

Stranger things have happened.

Why would you think that the fans and the weirs would be bankers to support the status quo? 

3 minutes ago, jaf said:

Why would you think that the fans and the weirs would be bankers to support the status quo? 

I don't think the Jags Trust would go for the consortium buy out, although I may be wrong. They may not support the status quo either. I don't know.

I think the Weir's 10% share and the Partick Thistle Supporters Trust 20% share are one of the same thing, a 30% share block controlled by the Weir's.

On the face of it with the Weir Thistle Academy, the training complex , the Colin Weir stand, general generosity, largesse etc etc, most people would be forgiven in thinking that the Weir's have a long term ongoing commitment to Thistle and it's therefore not possible, that the Weir's are actively touting to sell their share of the club.

As previously posted, I think because the way the numbers stack, that it's probably the Weir's who are engaged with the consortium.

8 hours ago, jaf said:

Here's the real rub with this.

If you have 75% of a company in company law, then that is a pivotal shareholding percentage.

IF, the supporters trust had been set up in a way that the fans control the shares, this group would be a long way from that, and we, the supporters, would have protections.

However, as, at best, the setup deadlocks those 20% of shares , at worst they are under the control of the Board, but they are definitely not under the control of the supporters, 55+20=?

The 'strange' set up of the supporters trust ultimately will not protect us in this regard, when it could have. The two supporters trusts would have had more than 25% combined but if the trust stays as presently constituted the chance is gone.

So, for all those with open lines of communication on twitter or however with the Chair, the time for a new deed of variation so that the supporters trustees have an inbuilt majority is perhaps NOW. If there was a will, it could be done  by tomorrow.

This is the key issue we as fans have to address right now!

The vast majority of posts on this thread are gibberish, irrelevant and dispiriting. 

Unless we sort out the two fans trusts (merging them and kicking out Club directors as trustees) then the Club will continue to take the piss out of us.

Perhaps a direct approach to Colin Weir could persuade him to change things and keep a tighter leash on Jacqui Low. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyMac said:

I don't think the Jags Trust would go for the consortium buy out, although I may be wrong. They may not support the status quo either. I don't know.

I think the Weir's 10% share and the Partick Thistle Supporters Trust 20% share are one of the same thing, a 30% share block controlled by the Weir's.

On the face of it with the Weir Thistle Academy, the training complex , the Colin Weir stand, general generosity, largesse etc etc, most people would be forgiven in thinking that the Weir's have a long term ongoing commitment to Thistle and it's therefore not possible, that the Weir's are actively touting to sell their share of the club.

As previously posted, I think because the way the numbers stack, that it's probably the Weir's who are engaged with the consortium.

Surely a lot of this is wishful thinking? Do you know these things or are you just, like many of the posters on  this thread putting forward your tuppence worth? Have you even taken into consideration that Colin Weir is not in the best of health and that he and his wife have been reported to have separated?

A thread which is so full of conjecture, egotistcal one upmanship, guesswork and malicious rumourmongering cannot be good for the health of the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eljaggo said:

This is the key issue we as fans have to address right now!

The vast majority of posts on this thread are gibberish, irrelevant and dispiriting. 

Unless we sort out the two fans trusts (merging them and kicking out Club directors as trustees) then the Club will continue to take the piss out of us.

Perhaps a direct approach to Colin Weir could persuade him to change things and keep a tighter leash on Jacqui Low. 

I don't think it needs Colin Weir's intervention, it is in the gift of the Board (and our supporters representatives) to vary the trust deed to protect us more.

Therefore, rather than blow hard on here, I have taken the step of writing to the club this morning on the matter.

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Surely a lot of this is wishful thinking? Do you know these things or are you just, like many of the posters on  this thread putting forward your tuppence worth? Have you even taken into consideration that Colin Weir is not in the best of health and that he and his wife have been reported to have separated?

A thread which is so full of conjecture, egotistcal one upmanship, guesswork and malicious rumourmongering cannot be good for the health of the club.

Out of likes, especially your last paragraph. 

9 minutes ago, jaf said:

I don't think it needs Colin Weir's intervention, it is in the gift of the Board (and our supporters representatives) to vary the trust deed to protect us more.

Therefore, rather than blow hard on here, I have taken the step of writing to the club this morning on the matter.

Great to hear jaf. From your posts you obviously, along with @Jordanhill Jagand possibly @javeajag, have more knowledge around process at the club than most. Be grateful if you could keep me/us updated as to any response from the BoD.

• admin locked this topic