New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Correction, they are appointed by the shareholders and their motivation will be to serve the shareholders.

The fact that they are not shareholders is not an issue. I'd rather turn it round and ask why any of the shareholders don't want to be directors ?

Actually while you are technically and formally  correct most are appointed by the Board then NOT objected to by the majority of shareholders at the agm as we know our owners are not involved/interested in the club 

it is VERY unusual for a small club like ours not to have any owners on the board ... VERY unusual 

yes I think I do pick:

They don’t care 

They have done their bit 

They are not interested 

Edited by javeajag

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Actually while you are technically and formally  correct most are appointed by the Board then NOT objected to by the majority of shareholders at the agm as we know our owners are not involved/interested in the club 

it is VERY unusual for a small club like ours not to have any owners on the board ... VERY unusual 

yes I think I do pick:

They don’t care 

They have done their bit 

They are not interested 

As the majority of the Shareholders are former Directors - then I would say that the have "Done There Bit " however of equal importance to the lack of Shareholding is the fact that the Directors didnt come from the Fan Base - and in fact will most likely be supporters of other Clubs - which implies all our Fans are useless and we have no one of Business Experience worth talking about to run the Club -  I would honestly like the Club to be Run by Competent Thistle Fans with Business Experience - if we are going to be run by Non Thistle Fans - then they can invest - the current set up is frankly very strange - why would you want to be A director of a Club you dont support ?  

Say hello to the new boss...

Thursday 11th July, 2019 at 12:39pm

Partick Thistle Football Club (the company) has today seen the appointment of four new directors and the removal of three directors as instructed by a majority of shareholders of the company.

Those today appointed as directors of the company are:

1. David Beattie
  2. Ronnie Gilfillan
  3. David Kelly
  4. Norman Springford

Those today removed as directors of the company are:

1. Jacqui Low
  2. Michael Gregory Robertson
  3. Duncan Smillie

These changes take effect immediately and comply with the articles of the company.

The Board is committed to keeping supporters informed on developments at Partick Thistle Football Club and will aim to provide a further update later today.

Ends.

9 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I could be wrong but my gut instinct is this proves Jim right.

This looks like the take-over talk was misdirection to get the current board off by disaffected shareholders.

...or it paves the way for a takeover now that the selling parties are back in power?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Perhaps the shareholders do not feel the board have consulted with or represented their wishes. That’s the only reason I could see a full removal

I think there are some clues in the JT statement .... eg club not being managed well etc 

Edited by javeajag

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I think there are some clues in the JT statement .... eg club not being managed well etc 

I’ll be surprised javejag, if the takeover goes ahead that Caldwell will be the manager.

I think the prospective new owners will want to put their own people in place , especially on the football side to buy into their philosophy. Possibly explains the lack of signings at this moment?

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I’ll be surprised javejag, if the takeover goes ahead that Caldwell will be the manager.

I think the prospective new owners will want to put their own people in place , especially on the football side to buy into their philosophy. Possibly explains the lack of signings at this moment?

So if they do think Caldwell does not fit with their plans, what sort of managerial status will they employ? Nb I think javejag was referring to the board management rather than the football side of things. What I do agree with is that the longer this process takes will and is impacting on signings. Not Caldwells fault I'm sure you will agree....

18 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

What is their philosophy- the problem is no one really knows? If it’s recruiting young players with a few older heads then he would be ideal for them

i think your secretly hoping rather than knowing for sure 

I’d be disappointed if they binned him without giving him a proper chance 

Edited by Third Lanark

I suspect that GC is already a convert to the data analytics style that is being touted.  Marry that to his football career and experience and I'm sure he's more than capable of rustling up a power point presentation with more data than you can shake a memory stick at.

I'm re-assured by the re-appointment of the old guard ahead of any changes to come.

• admin locked this topic