New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

35 minutes ago, jaf said:

The facts would dispute that, namely that the club made a profit in Beattie’s last year in charge. 

Beattie did not make some of the nonsensical financial decisions the board made last season and I doubt ever presided over a loss of the size we might see in the 2019 accounts. 

OK I could have phrased it better, the financial mess that was likely post relegation after Beattie had made his statement about slashing budgets being a false economy and  I assume running a championship team on a premiership budget. 

I'd be genuinely intrigued to know what some of the "nonsensical financial decisions" made last year were, I don't doubt there were but I'm keen to know what. 

There seems to be certain people "ITK" about the ruinous state of the off field side of things at Firhill over the last 12 months but I would wager the vast majority of fans, on here, social media, and certainly the ones who aren't wouldn't have  a clue. When you add it to all the rumours of folk being told things by directors or other folk receiving private messages on social media from club staff then it's a headf*ck and it's difficult to know who to believe.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2019 at 7:38 PM, Jordanhill Jag said:

You dont keep the same Non Football Infrastructure you had in the Championship as you had in the Premier - your income just dropped by near 50% - you adjust your resources to reflect that and keep monies in reserve if you dont get promoted  

A decision taken by our returning Chairman based on the statement linked above by Ancapital. 

20190711_221629.jpg

Edited by Dark Passenger

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

A decision taken by our returning Chairman based on the statement linked above by Ancapital. 

20190711_221629.jpg

And  ?  My statement is correct - I can see what the logic was - but it wouldn't have been my decision - they were planning on coming straight back up - however when that was clearly not going to happen come December - you re-evalute your decision - you dont keep just pretending it will magically turn around - do I think we have a Stronger Board than we did Yesterday - Yes    - does the fact that David Kelly left-  and has now returned make me more confident - Yes 

Do I think they three New Directors wanted to come back on Board - probably not - so there was obviously reasons for the changes - the takeover May or May not happen and I think the Jags Trust Statement sort of sums up my Views on it - but if it doesn't-  I think that whoever replaces our Current Directors will be better than we had - thats my view - I honestly have No idea why Supporters of other Clubs wanted to be on the Board of Partick Thistle ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

20190711_221629.jpg

If that was the decision by Beattie I don’t believe it was followed through by his successors on the playing side.

From what I was told Archie’s budget was dramatically slashed, (Archie alluded to this on his BBC interview) which he spent scrambling to get cut price players at the last minute. Caldwell spent way more than Archie was allowed, yet (in his own words) only spent 1 third of his budget.

Caldwell May have realized that spending the full amount still would not have gained promotion so would rather bank it till this season, I don’t blame him for that. I also believe Archie should have went last summer, but if your going to back him publicly , then back him financially.

The Doolan, Erskine, Ambassadors carry on cost the club significant income as fans stopped going, sponsoring or purchasing.

Various communication gaffs have also hit the club hard. Along with various PM’s that have been sent to fans from members of the board not being too “nice” about sections of our support then being shared, if you criticized on here/FB or Twitter you were likely to be PM’d, plus comments from here were being relayed directly back to the board (Oh and the fact they were being relayed was also being communicated in PM’s from board members to fans!! So we know who was the messengers). 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

If that was the decision by Beattie I don’t believe it was followed through by his successors on the playing side.

From what I was told Archie’s budget was dramatically slashed, (Archie alluded to this on his BBC interview) which he spent scrambling to get cut price players at the last minute. Caldwell spent way more than Archie was allowed, yet (in his own words) only spent 1 third of his budget.

Caldwell May have realized that spending the full amount still would not have gained promotion so would rather bank it till this season, I don’t blame him for that. I also believe Archie should have went last summer, but if your going to back him publicly , then back him financially.

The Doolan, Erskine, Ambassadors carry on cost the club significant income as fans stopped going, sponsoring or purchasing.

Various communication gaffs have also hit the club hard. Along with various PM’s that have been sent to fans from members of the board not being too “nice” about sections of our support then being shared, if you criticized on here/FB or Twitter you were likely to be PM’d, plus comments from here were being relayed directly back to the board (Oh and the fact they were being relayed was also being communicated in PM’s from board members to fans!! So we know who was the messengers). 

Really ? That’s just crazy 

9 hours ago, blakey said:

Im not as familiar with their relative work histories. Thanks for making that point.

im still concerned that their current motivation is to make money from selling their shares.

i think the way you view today’s events really depends on whether you think Beattie et al are motivated to cause correct the running of the club, or to make some money from selling off their shares.

Do they have to be mutually exclusive objectives?

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

cant disagree with anything you say here … ran out of likes

So, where has all this left us?

The board has changed but we don't know if this is long-term or just untill their shares are sold.  We may or may not have a new owner in the near future, The CEO is rumoured to be away (maybe on holiday! Who knows?) On the field the season starts tomorrow. Last week the management were saying they were looking to continue strengthening the squad by 2-3/3-4 additional players. All has gone quiet on that front.

PTFC is not in a good position to get the new season off to a flying start. And the scope for speculation and rumour mongering is still as wide as ever!

As mentioned in another thread. Time to start worrying?

Screenshot_20190711-201244_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0f60be090cfc856f9911672591f74c3c.jpg

Mr Cryne is the son of the previous owner who passed away. All other board members seem to be new to the club.

I think the takeover was 80% to Chien, Conway and co. 20% remaining with previous shareholder(s).

Our set-up would appear slightly more complicated with trust shares and Firhill Developments. 

I doubt there'll be much settled until well into the season.

The board need to give clarity on the playing side. They've said GC stays in place but things can move fast in these kind of situations.

Let’s just focus on the obvious....

a formal bid to buy the club has been made

about 9 individuals / groups selling can give around the  55% and control

shareholders and potential buyers are in discussions 

i suspect the shareholders divide into two groups those like Beattie, Gillfillan etc who are fans and would probably only sell if they thought it was good for the club and others for whom price may be more important 

on the other hand none of the shareholders want to be involved in the club on a day to day basis so a long term solution needs to be owners who run the club

as this has been going in for a while I think yesterday’s moves will bring matters to a head 

I’d echo everything Norge said about the now previous BoD & goings on over the past 12 months. I’d also add the training ground fiasco which although hasn’t cost the club any money as such has been an embarrassment to all involved & the name PTFC & McParland are involved in that. 

However I’m not entirely sure of the potential takeover.

From twitter: Barnsley join a growing list of clubs who are organising borrowing from banks & other financial institutions effectively mortgaged on the club assets #Tykes

You begin to wonder if we’re jumping from the frying pan to the fire. 

I guess you could argue with Propco in a way the mortgaging against the assets has already partially taken place. But I’m not convinced about the new consortium & what they can add to PTFC. 

We’re a mid to bottom half premiership team who have a (very) occasional cup run. At this moment we’re under achieving but if we’re a feeder club where is that going to take us.

Are we looking at a Watford type model that we’re full of loan players & a different coach each year?

Like I said, frying pan...

42F020AA-ACAC-4F06-9CB2-E562A27B7E11.jpeg

8864263A-CEBB-4044-8CC4-004DC1234A9B.jpeg

7C501DA3-5A13-44F2-A69B-299BDB77F23F.jpeg

Edited by Trotter

• admin locked this topic