New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

If everyone just reads the jags trust statement of yesterday very carefully the rationale to buying us is there 

I get that. Does it seem like a sensible business model for the investors? I’m not so sure about that, but it takes all sorts, I suppose.

I certainly didn’t see anything from the recently departed board members to suggest that they were able to move the club forward.

1 minute ago, stolenscone said:

I get that. Does it seem like a sensible business model for the investors? I’m not so sure about that, but it takes all sorts, I suppose.

I certainly didn’t see anything from the recently departed board members to suggest that they were able to move the club forward.

Yep correct

47 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok.... a friend of mine involved in football has just told me that the three directors yesterday were removed by sherriff officers ?!

Not sure you're being told the truth javeajag. In the Scottish legal system bailiffs (sheriff officers) are sent by a sheriff of the court only after there has been legal procedure and are sent to recover monies/documents/property. I'm not 100%sure, but I don't THINK (capitals cos I'm not positive) they have the statutory powers or common law powers to actually remove people from their place of work and I am confident in saying no Sheriff would instruct that.

Perhaps private security were used but I seriously doubt bailiffs would be involved. Perhaps one of the legal minds on here can advise cos even though I'm delighted they are no longer at the club it would be unfair for us to be so inaccurate.

Edited by Guest
Spooling

12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Their motives have been explained by the jags trust 

Have they. If you read the statement, the Jags Trust do not mention any direct contact with Lee/Conway, so this has to be seen as their opinion of what the business model might be. Until we have heard directly from the protagonists, I will keep an open mind on what their motives might be. 

We still have no facts, just rumours and speculation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Have they. If you read the statement, the Jags Trust do not mention any direct contact with Lee/Conway, so this has to be seen as their opinion of what the business model might be. Until we have heard directly from the protagonists, I will keep an open mind on what their motives might be. 

We still have no facts, just rumours and speculation.

This. Ran out of likes. Agree completely. Speculating has been great fun to engage in and read while I was bored at the pool, but as you say, we have no facts about motive or intention.

50 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok.... a friend of mine involved in football has just told me that the three directors yesterday were removed by sherriff officers ?!

When a posting in this thread starts with "a friend of mine .... has just told me ...." I take the rest of the sentence with a pinch of salt

8 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Not sure you're being told the truth javeajag. In the Scottish legal system bailiffs (sheriff officers) are sent by a sheriff of the court only after there has been legal procedure and are sent to recover monies/documents/property. I'm not 100%sure, but I don't THINK (capitals cos I'm not positive) they have the statutory powers or common law powers to actually remove people from their place of work and I am confident in saying no Sheriff would instruct that.

Perhaps private security were used but I seriously doubt bailiffs would be involved. Perhaps one of the legal minds on here can advise cos even though I'm delighted they are no longer at the club it would be unfair for us to be so inaccurate.

The sheriff’s officers delivered the letter removing them from position, under company law

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

When a posting in this thread starts with "a friend of mine .... has just told me ...." I take the rest of the sentence with a pinch of salt

Sure but the first part was to hide which club they are with .... it’s s quote from them 

Edited by javeajag

55 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Perhaps Mr Lee is a secret Clyde supporter and just wants to buy us to bring us down 

(It's as valid as any other suggestion that has been put forward)

Maybe he wants Clyde to move back to Glasgow! :happy3:

3 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

It is going to be difficult to discuss with player / agents if the CEO has left the club? [I only say that as I see that according to P&B, GB has gone!]

Even if Gerry Britton is still the CEO, he is going to have issues in trying to sell the idea of joining a club that may within the next few weeks be changing it's board of directors, it's CEO and even it's manager.

I agree with most of your post but generally, players tend to sign for the club which writes the most zeros on the cheque.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

The sheriff’s officers delivered the letter removing them from position, under company law

Thanks or that norge. Increases my already poor knowledge and understanding of such things. It was just that the initial post by @javeajagconjured images in my head of barrel chested bauld men dressed in black  dragging the directors out of the building.

Must be a lot more wrong behind the scenes than is commonly known for it to come to that. 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I think it’s worth reflecting on the fact that shareholders sent Sheriff Officers to the club to remove the Chairman and two directors ..... pretty astounding stuff 

something clearly not right 

It's pretty extraordinary when you think about what's happened. Something definitely not right. Never dull being a Jags fan, mind.

22 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Totally mental.

Jaqui Low rocks up for a day at work.  Season about to start. 

<Buzz> "ehm ms low there are 3 men here to see you."

5 mins later packing belongings into her sportscar.

I wonder if she expected it or was it totally out the blue? One could argue it's a pretty harsh way to dismiss someone.....

• admin locked this topic